It really reminds me of the Michael Floyd Kool-Aid of last year
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Re: Kelce Kool-Aid

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:22 am

If you want him that's probably where you have to pull the trigger unless you trade back a tad. Hot commodity. He went at 3.12 (I think) in a start-up that is still going. 16 team, PPR, return yd points, big stats bonus, Starting: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, K, full IDP.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:26 am

This seemed rather appropriate. For what it's worth I am drinking the Kool-Aid. Factors include: talent, Smith's lack of wanting to throw to the outside/down field, and I'm a die-hard KC fan :wall:

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:29 am

Matticus wrote:Removed Picture to speed up loading

This seemed rather appropriate. For what it's worth I am drinking the Kool-Aid. Factors include: talent, Smith's lack of wanting to throw to the outside/down field, and I'm a die-hard KC fan :wall:
This made me LOL at my office. My co-workers just came in to see what was so funny. Thanks
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 am

badnewsbarrett wrote:
Matticus wrote:Removed Picture to speed up loading

This made me LOL at my office. My co-workers just came in to see what was so funny. Thanks
Andy Reid is always good for a laugh (even when he's your favorite team's head coach :wall: )

bigroddy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bigroddy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:39 am

Matticus wrote:If you want him that's probably where you have to pull the trigger unless you trade back a tad. Hot commodity. He went at 3.12 (I think) in a start-up that is still going. 16 team, PPR, return yd points, big stats bonus, Starting: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, K, full IDP.
That's equiv to the 4.08 in a 12 teamer though, so his 4th is right in the ball park.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:46 am

bigroddy wrote:
Matticus wrote:If you want him that's probably where you have to pull the trigger unless you trade back a tad. Hot commodity. He went at 3.12 (I think) in a start-up that is still going. 16 team, PPR, return yd points, big stats bonus, Starting: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, K, full IDP.
That's equiv to the 4.08 in a 12 teamer though, so his 4th is right in the ball park.
Yes I have the 4.10 and figure he gets sniped right before me. So what is fair value for the 3.03? Sorry I am a dynasty rookie and not sure what to look for. I am assuming I wait until I am on the clock to get max value out of 3.03?

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 am

bigroddy wrote:
If he has scoring that puts emphasis on IDPs then yes. Several IDPs were taken before Kelce (Watt, Wagner, David, and Kuechly), so probably about 4.04. Basically, if you wait until the 4th, you'll probably get sniped.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 am

pokerface40 wrote:
bigroddy wrote:
Yes I have the 4.10 and figure he gets sniped right before me. So what is fair value for the 3.03? Sorry I am a dynasty rookie and not sure what to look for. I am assuming I wait until I am on the clock to get max value out of 3.03?
If you can get someone at the end of round 3 to give something like 3.10 and 4.03 for 3.03 and 5.03 I think I would do that. It would make your team stronger and you should still be able to get Kelce around 3.08 to 3.12. You can work the deal out ahead of time if you want. Just make it publicly know that you are looking to move back and you will get plenty of offers.

bigroddy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bigroddy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm in the middle of an 12 team IDP start up and Kelce didn't go until 5.11

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Good advice.

I wonder who you're playing with though... like, are you joining a group of seasoned dynasty guys starting up a new league, or is your redraft league just going pro?

If it's the latter, he might last until 4.10. Not that you want to count on that, just go get your guy. But don't think people are going to be complete slaves to ADP. People have different values than the consensus all the time. I'm willing to bet you'll be very surprised at how much your startup draft will differ from chalk.... even in round 3 and 4.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Fezzik wrote:Good advice.

I wonder who you're playing with though... like, are you joining a group of seasoned dynasty guys starting up a new league, or is your redraft league just going pro?

If it's the latter, he might last until 4.10. Not that you want to count on that, just go get your guy. But don't think people are going to be complete slaves to ADP. People have different values than the consensus all the time. I'm willing to bet you'll be very surprised at how much your startup draft will differ from chalk.... even in round 3 and 4.
Truer words have never been spoken... Lynch went 1.07 in the league described in an earlier post and I got AJG at 1.14. :wtf:

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Fezzik wrote:Good advice.

Thank you all for the advice. It seems like most of the guys are dynasty vets and one other first timer. Looks like I will try and trade down from 3.03 unless a player falls to me that I can't pass up.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:38 pm

The've apparently asked Kelce to put on 15 lbs to be a better blocker. Makes me a little worried, but I guess we'll see.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:42 pm

ericanadian wrote:The've apparently asked Kelce to put on 15 lbs to be a better blocker. Makes me a little worried, but I guess we'll see.
They want him to put on 15 lbs to get to Gronk-weight