The top 4...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The top 4...

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:The thing that worries me about Gordon is what happened when he met Joey Bosa... He simply wasn't able to play against a defense that was keyed in against him, like Charles, Arian, Lynch, and AP do.

Where I rank Gordon will depend on where he lands. If he's playing in a balanced offense, he's a top 5 pick, if he's playing on a bad team, I'm steering clear.
Ohio State's entire team was a lot better. Gordon still had some nice runs that game, but honestly, sometimes there was just nothing there. To be fair, every team that played Wisconsin was keyed in against him. It's not like other teams were keeping their safeties deep so that Stave's aerial assault wouldn't kill them. To an extent, you do need an OL. Arian Foster and Jamaal Charles depend on their blocking too. Foster is definitely not a guy who can do it on his own in super human fashion, like AP or Marshawn. I don't think any back in this class is on their level, though. Gurley, Gordon or otherwise.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Chocolate Droppa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chocolate Droppa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:37 pm

It is beyond annoying to hear people using the "Wasnt TRich supposed to be a generational talent" card. Look, we are all sorry TRich burned your team. For whatever reason the guy didnt pan out. But Todd Gurley is not TRich. If you dont like him that is fine. But not every talented "generational" running back is TRich. Can we move past him already and give future guys with different running styles a fair chance to make their own impression? Thanks in advance.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Chocolate Droppa wrote:It is beyond annoying to hear people using the "Wasnt TRich supposed to be a generational talent" card. Look, we are all sorry TRich burned your team. For whatever reason the guy didnt pan out. But Todd Gurley is not TRich. If you dont like him that is fine. But not every talented "generational" running back is TRich. Can we move past him already and give future guys with different running styles a fair chance to make their own impression? Thanks in advance.
It's a fair point though. It's silly to let people run away with the idea that just because a lot of people think he'll be great, he will be.

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:24 am

I'm really really torn between Gurley and White. Both have HUGE upside, elite potential, but both also have a really big bust risk. Obviously Gurley has his injuries, but from what I see on tape White is really really raw in his route running. You know who else has been deemed raw in the past? Michael Floyd, Justin Hunter, Stephen Hill...etc...

Then again, so was Alshon Jeffery to a degree.

While White certainly can catch the ball, I'm just wary of him turning out to be highly overpriced/overvalued.

Obviously this all ends up depending heavily on landing spots, but who do you take between the two? White or Gurley
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 am

vtguy88 wrote:I'm really really torn between Gurley and White. Both have HUGE upside, elite potential, but both also have a really big bust risk. Obviously Gurley has his injuries, but from what I see on tape White is really really raw in his route running. You know who else has been deemed raw in the past? Michael Floyd, Justin Hunter, Stephen Hill...etc...

Then again, so was Alshon Jeffery to a degree.

While White certainly can catch the ball, I'm just wary of him turning out to be highly overpriced/overvalued.

Obviously this all ends up depending heavily on landing spots, but who do you take between the two? White or Gurley
I view them this way

Gurley - Lowe Floor/ High Ceiling
White - Lowest Floor / Highest Ceiling
Gordon - Moderate Floor/ Moderate/High Ceiling
Cooper - High Floor/ High Ceiling

In terms of lowest to highest risk: Cooper, Gordon, Gurley, White

White makes sense for Oakland. They are building a young team to compete for years. If they hit on White, they are golden. If they miss, they have another high pick next year.

Gordon makes sense for Dallas or San Diego. Win now attitude. Low risk, great prospect

Gurley makes sense for Seattle or New England. Seattle still has Lynch and can let him develop and recover fully. New England can win without a running back, they have Blount anyways and if Gurley is there and he is a stud, its just another weapon.

Cooper makes sense for Minnesota. True #1 receiver with great route running. Will make a great weapon for the developing Teddy. Polished and ready to go. Maybe he can even teach Patterson how to run a route, but I think he is a lost cause...
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"