[POLL] Adrian Peterson's Value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What is Adrian Peterson's Value, in terms of rookie picks?

1.01-1.03
9%
1.04-1.08
43%
1.09+
45%
Multiple 1sts - specify in comments
2%

Total votes: 86

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

[POLL] Adrian Peterson's Value?

Postby iCantStop » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:46 am

We have basically 3 scenarios for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings that we should be understanding more about shortly, but here's the current scenario:

AP's agent refused to dine with Vikings GM Rick Spielman at the NFL Owner's Meetings, according to Rotoworld. AP's current cap figure is something around $12M, something the Vikings are considering eating because they're not willing to get zero return for arguably the NFL's best RB.

It's shaping up that AP will be:
-traded (Arizona is the team that keeps coming up)
-play for the Vikings
-sit out for some amount of time in the '15 season, because the Vikings won't deal him, and he refuses to play for the Vikings

To the best of my knowledge, AP is still on the Commissioner's Exempt List, despite an arbitrary ruling saying it is unlawful to keep him there, since his case has already been settled.

All of that said, what would you pay or sell for Adrian Peterson? **EDIT**To make this more generic, let's say it's a 10-team 0.5ppr, non-IDP league.**
Last edited by iCantStop on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

CAMVP
Role Player
Role Player

Re: [POLL] Adrian Peterson's Value?

Postby CAMVP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 am

Depends on quite a few factors, team need, league format, other avail RBs just to name a few. For my league he is scheduled to be a FA and will probably go for between 30-50k. Based on current draft class, and us being a 10 man league, i wouldnt give up a high 2nd for him if I had to trade for him, I'd rather take a shot on one of the young guys coming in.
2016 League Champion
PPR SCL 75 yrs, 260k, 26 roster spots, 4 Taxi
Format 1QB 2RB 3WR 1RB/WR/TE Flex 1 Superflex 1TE 1D/ST
QBS-T. Bridgewater 5yrs/2.5k B. Roethlisberger 2yrs/20k, Tua 5yrs/10k, A.Smith 1yr/3k, J. Garoppolo 3yrs/8k
RBs- N.Chubb 3yrs/14k, K. Drake 1yr/19k, A.Peterson 1yr/7k, I. Smith 2yrs/1k, P. Lindsay 2yrs/10k
WRs- A.Thielen 6yrs/48k, T. Lockett 5yrs/13k, C. Sutton 2 yrs/5k W.Fuller 5yrs/19k, J. Gordon 1yr/1k, KJ. Hamler 4yrs/1k, DJax 1yr/6k, D. Johnson 3yrs/1k, H.Renfrow 4yrs/1k, M.Williams 2yrs/10k
TEs- OJ.Howard 5yrs/5k W.Dissly 1yr/4k, G.Everett 1yr/5k, D.Goedert 2yrs/5k
Def- Saints
Taxi - Rodney Anderson, R. Burkhead, E. St. Brown
2020 Draft - 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 am

I seriously wouldn't give any 1st for AP. He's 30, seems to always have nagging injuries, and now is coming back from a year off? No thanks.

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:06 am

Arod in a Bush wrote:Depends on quite a few factors, team need, league format, other avail RBs just to name a few. For my league he is scheduled to be a FA and will probably go for between 30-50k. Based on current draft class, and us being a 10 man league, i wouldnt give up a high 2nd for him if I had to trade for him, I'd rather take a shot on one of the young guys coming in.
Thanks... I made an edit to my original post saying it should be a 0.5 PPR, 10-team, non-IDP league, to try to make it as generic as possible.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:46 am

Those saying they wouldn't give a 2nd aren't playing to win, they are playing to put together a young roster of potential. There is a difference. AP is still the most talented pure runner in the NFL and has plenty left in the tank. Those that think he'll opt to sit out - don't know him. He loves the game and will be suited up to play week one for someone. He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. In terms of picks - with all things cosidered (age,wear n tear, and probability of high level / rb1 production) he's worth a mid 1st or better to an owner vying for a championship or playoff birth. If you are rebuilding he is a sell as is every other rb around his age.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:01 pm

JFever wrote:Those saying they wouldn't give a 2nd aren't playing to win, they are playing to put together a young roster of potential. There is a difference. AP is still the most talented pure runner in the NFL and has plenty left in the tank. Those that think he'll opt to sit out - don't know him. He loves the game and will be suited up to play week one for someone. He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. In terms of picks - with all things cosidered (age,wear n tear, and probability of high level / rb1 production) he's worth a mid 1st or better to an owner vying for a championship or playoff birth. If you are rebuilding he is a sell as is every other rb around his age.
I guess I don't know him but it sounds like his hatred for how the Vikings treated him is stronger than his love for the game, and I think they will be unable to trade him with his current contract. When the news broke I traded Ingram + Mathews for him so I wish for a return, but I would be happy to get any 1st rounder for him now even in "win now" mode. There's no way his ADP should be higher than Arian Foster and I would rather have Morris, Stewart, or Forsett in both dynasty and redraft. I am trying to acquire McKinnon where I can.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 pm

On Wednesday, in the league in my sig, the following trade went down

Adrian Peterson + Martavis Bryant
for
1.04 + 2.04

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 pm

That trade is logical depending on roster make up.

Really? You would rather have morris, Stewart, foresett, and foster over AP? I see many victims of media and recency bias here. AP doesn't hate the vikings - his agent prob does. He will play. If not for mn, someone. No way at his chronological age - he choses to sit another down for money reasons. He got paid 11 million for sitting out 15 games last year. Money isnt the issue for him. His agebt - sure. AP is chomping at the bit to play and show the world who he "still" is. Blremember back when many were saying C.J2k was "the" rb1? AP used that for motivation and crushed it while cj2k showed who he really was... How the heck does one value Stewart over AP? Just 4-5 months ago he wasn't worth a 3rd. Safe to say AP is polarizing. A couple seasons ago many, including myself doubted him as he came back from acl only to miss the all time single season rushing record by 9 yds. Doubters and sellers - beware.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

JFever wrote:That trade is logical depending on roster make up.

Really? You would rather have morris, Stewart, foresett, and foster over AP? I see many victims of media and recency bias here. AP doesn't hate the vikings - his agent prob does. He will play. If not for mn, someone. No way at his chronological age - he choses to sit another down for money reasons. He got paid 11 million for sitting out 15 games last year. Money isnt the issue for him. His agebt - sure. AP is chomping at the bit to play and show the world who he "still" is. Blremember back when many were saying C.J2k was "the" rb1? AP used that for motivation and crushed it while cj2k showed who he really was... How the heck does one value Stewart over AP? Just 4-5 months ago he wasn't worth a 3rd. Safe to say AP is polarizing. A couple seasons ago many, including myself doubted him as he came back from acl only to miss the all time single season rushing record by 9 yds. Doubters and sellers - beware.
Yeah, the trade made sense for both sides. Team getting AP is probably the favorite this season and the team selling him is not a contender. Kind of hurts to give up Bryant for that guy though, who flashed some things last season

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

lightzout
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lightzout » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Team in sig. Contender this year, as of now only 1 other team in my league is strong enough to give me a go. Would you rather have AP or 1.03? I have 1.01 and have been in talks with the 1.03 owner for a while. After seeing this thread its made me second guess pursuing trading AP away. I voted mid first for what its worth but the question boils down to contender vs rebuild I think.
10 team. Non-PPR
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K

QB: Tua, Watson
RB: Barkley
WR: DJM, Pickens, Bateman, Pierce, Doubs, Metchie, Meyers
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Likely

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:19 pm

JFever wrote:That trade is logical depending on roster make up.

I was not one of those doubters who avoided Peterson after the ACL injury, I drafted him that year. I was not one of those doubters when this story first broke, I traded for him then. But what I'm hearing now is different, he's not interested in associating himself with the Vikings at all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he holds out, but even if he lands somewhere like Arizona (which I don't think is possible with that contract) he's not going to get the same usage, and he will have to contend with Ellington. I don't really see the path to success at this point. But you seem to be one of those people who knows the future, so maybe I am wrong.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Don't know his future / and can't see into the future. If I could - I wouldn't have doubted the ACL thing. But... to my point - I do live about 35 miles west of Minneapolis and our local sports (vikings flagship station) KFAN speaks on this topic several hours per day. and - I listen to this station for a few hours per day and I KNOW they have more inside information directly from the Mn Vikings brass than any ESPN thing you are basing your paranoia on.

The consensus is basically - he'll play here or somewhere. He is motivated, healthy, and itching to prove just who he is and what he can do. His agent / Not him personally, was offended that the Vikings (logically) wanted to restructure his deal. The vikings hold ALL the cards here. He is 30, and under contract - and wants very badly to go down in history as one of the GREATS. Holding out over some petty pride thing here isn't in line with that at all. The media, particularly the national media needs something to talk about daily. Hence - this story... and your opinion.

As always though; We are all welcome to our own opinion. After all - it does give "us" something to chat about and it keeps things interesting. :wave:

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

JFever wrote: There is a difference. AP is still the most talented pure runner in the NFL and has plenty left in the tank.
How do you know this? How many guys have had historic, or even good seasons and then it's just gone the next? NFL is littered with them. Why does no one think this can happen to AP, especially after sitting out an entire year?

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:29 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:
JFever wrote: There is a difference. AP is still the most talented pure runner in the NFL and has plenty left in the tank.
How do you know this? How many guys have had historic, or even good seasons and then it's just gone the next? NFL is littered with them. Why does no one think this can happen to AP, especially after sitting out an entire year?
Indeed, that may be the most common RB life cycle. Aggregate age curves obscure the individual.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 am

A man like AP won't sit out a year to prove a point in the twilight of his career. AP will do everything he can to get out there and show he is still the best in the league. It doesn't matter if he is with the Vikings or Cards he will be a top 10 RB next year. You gotta be crazy if you dont think the Cards will run him into the ground next year if they have him.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011