Can someone please talk me down?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Can someone please talk me down?

Postby splendorlex » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:47 am

vtguy88 wrote:
HawkeyeState wrote:I understand about 1% of the "don't want to back out of a commitment". If the league is designed to be able to have other owners "poach" trades then that's the way the league is constructed and that is the very framework of the league!
It's something the commissioner decided to put in the rules, unilaterally, but several owners do not agree with it. This guy happens to not only disagree with it, but refuses to utilize the rule. The rule was originally designed as a "commenting period" on trades, to give less experienced people the opportunity to hear from others before finalizing a trade.

Basically...it's a clusterf&^#^&&

That being said, I have a good team...but it's giving me serious pause at this point. Reason enough to leave? Idk...hence this thread

Like I said, seriously doubt it's collusion. Is supreme stupidity and dumb-assery enough to leave a league?
Then the real problem is the commissioner. If several owners disagree with a rule like that, it shouldn't have been implemented. Quit thinking about dumb trade refusal guy and start thinking about buddy commissioner.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

vtguy88 wrote: Like I said, seriously doubt it's collusion. Is supreme stupidity and dumb-assery enough to leave a league?
Not one instance of it. If it becomes a constant problem, then maybe.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:54 am

Irishdoom wrote:
vtguy88 wrote:
HawkeyeState wrote:I understand about 1% of the "don't want to back out of a commitment". If the league is designed to be able to have other owners "poach" trades then that's the way the league is constructed and that is the very framework of the league!
It's something the commissioner decided to put in the rules, unilaterally, but several owners do not agree with it. This guy happens to not only disagree with it, but refuses to utilize the rule. The rule was originally designed as a "commenting period" on trades, to give less experienced people the opportunity to hear from others before finalizing a trade.

Basically...it's a clusterf&^#^&&

That being said, I have a good team...but it's giving me serious pause at this point. Reason enough to leave? Idk...hence this thread

Like I said, seriously doubt it's collusion. Is supreme stupidity and dumb-assery enough to leave a league?
Then the real problem is the commissioner. If several owners disagree with a rule like that, it shouldn't have been implemented. Quit thinking about dumb trade refusal guy and start thinking about buddy commissioner.
The commissioner's role in this is what's making me consider it. Not the other dude. Sounds contradictory I know, but your input is most definitely helpful.
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

Sounds like some pretty stupid rules. In my league, we are all friends and trade offers come in all shapes, sizes and methods. Once a trade is verbally agreed upon, it is usually a done deal. One time, someone backed out of an agreed upon deal. It was extremely frustrating as it happened to me. So I will sympathize with the guy saying he didn't want to back out of a deal, as nothing is more frustrating. Nonetheless, I ended up making a better deal for the same pieces, so it worked out pretty well, but I am sure you get my point
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:24 pm

It sounds like this "pending period" rule is the issue. I would approach the commish and ask for a vote on it.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Other than trying to change the rule I would explain to the Hopkins owner how much more valuable Hopkins is, and to come to you next time he wants to make a stupid deal. :wink:
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Irishdoom wrote:
Unless the league bylaws say you HAVE to take better offers, there's nothing wrong here. It's 4 spots people. Maybe it's 20% he doesn't like to back out of accepted trades, and 40% he doesn't want to help the champ, and 40% dumb.

It doesn't make it collusion.
I don't understand your stance here. If it's not collusion, its def shady. First off, let me start off by saying I'm not a fan of your rule. That being said, what's the point of it if this owner is not going to accept a CLEARLY better offer? Why wouldn't he? He's not backing out of his word IMO, he took the better offer. I Think I'd leave the league

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:51 pm

This is clear evidence of collusion, I would send an email to the other owners letting them know what you offered (they can draw their own conclusions) and then quit.
Irishdoom wrote:
Unless the league bylaws say you HAVE to take better offers, there's nothing wrong here. It's 4 spots people. Maybe it's 20% he doesn't like to back out of accepted trades, and 40% he doesn't want to help the champ, and 40% dumb.

"Doesn't want to help out the champ" is collusion.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Tsunami wrote:"Doesn't want to help out the champ" is collusion.
No it is not.

Think of it this way - if you're in a fantasy league with 4 divisions for example. The team in your division offers you a better pick; but someone else outside your division sends you an offer that is "slightly less valuable" (as is this case) - I couldn't fault someone for wanting to send him to the team outside the division.

So because you didn't accept the best trade in a "black and white" scenario, that is collusion?

No. Trades are not "black and white".

Just because the champ offered him a late 1st, it doesn't mean he has to take it over the early 2nd.

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
Tsunami wrote:"Doesn't want to help out the champ" is collusion.
No it is not.

Think of it this way - if you're in a fantasy league with 4 divisions for example. The team in your division offers you a better pick; but someone else outside your division sends you an offer that is "slightly less valuable" (as is this case) - I couldn't fault someone for wanting to send him to the team outside the division.

So because you didn't accept the best trade in a "black and white" scenario, that is collusion?

No. Trades are not "black and white".

Just because the champ offered him a late 1st, it doesn't mean he has to take it over the early 2nd.

Understandable. Unfortunately, in this situation, the guy he's getting the 2nd from IS in his division...and I'm the one outside the division.
Also, the commissioner's team is also very good. If it hadn't been for Aaron Rodgers in the quarterfinals, he would have been our champion instead of me.
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:34 pm

the I don't want to back out of the commitment should be the 99% of the reason and the other 1% should be the insanity of joining a league that allows poached trades .......that is insane and pathetic .
do teams get to approve your starting lineup every week :roll: and also your waiver bids :shock:
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:52 pm

^^^ should be implementing a rule . not joining a league ... my bad .....I owe you a beer & a firehouse pizza buddy should have read both pages of thread instead of getting mad about that stupid rule and posting to quickly.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Tsunami wrote:This is clear evidence of collusion, I would send an email to the other owners letting them know what you offered (they can draw their own conclusions) and then quit.
Irishdoom wrote:

"Doesn't want to help out the champ" is collusion.
Completely disagree with this. I always consider who I am going to be making the deal with. If it is a dangerous team and this piece might put him over the top, I very well might not make the deal, even if it is tilted in my favor.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 pm

If it's a money league and you're the reigning champ and have a chance to win again then I would get over it, but I'd bring up the situation to the whole league to see if you can start a dialogue. If it's a just for fun league then it doesn't sound like it's worth the annoyance.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Do the bylaws state that teams must accept better offers during that period? Or do they just get the chance to receive other offers?