Adrian Peterson Will Not Play For Vikings Again

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Adrian Peterson Will Not Play For Vikings Again

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:08 pm

hot wheel track .... yikes and the good ole go out and "pick a switch off the tree and make it a good one"
but I learned to not pour motor oil on my grandmas dog and then cover him in sand .... it was violent but done w/ love the best my people knew how to do it .
I read voraciously as a child and young adult and reading when my wife was pregnant for my oldest child that if a child needs corporal punishment and the times they do should be vary rare the book held .... that the 1st strike was for the child's benefit and other strikes were for the strikers benefit .
My father just shook his head when watching me not spank my son when he took a piece of gravel and give me a sponsor by carving his name and a star into the side of my brand new car ..... because my new car didn't have a sponsor like the racing cars we watched frequently . My father said and meant if I had done that I would have gotten the rubber hose but begrudgingly he agreed my way was better. I never held any animosity towards my parents for the spankings other than the 15 minutes after but no long term hurt feelings as they were hard working farm and factory folks that came from little means and life was hard and they knew no better . Their love was never questioned by me nor did I ever fear them except when I did something stupid like dropping a barn door on our puppy on accident that lead to a thrashing of considerable ferocity but that was the last dog a dropped a barn door on spankings can be lessons learned but for me it better be a very important lesson that is being taught
I just don't think it is the right way to get a kids attention ... I think it is a last resort when the actions of the child are endangering the lives or safety of the child or others . Defacing an inanimate object was not a good enough reason to thrash my son .... running towards the street or playing with knives that would earn you a spanking but...... silly attention or disobedience stuff can be handled a better way
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

A little off-topic, but just saying I do not see a trade to the Cowboys coming. Cowboys don't have the cap room to fit that contract. I don't even think a restructure would work, because you're just pushing money around in that case, not actually getting rid of it, and the Cowboys have already kicked the can down the road several times over with Romo. More likely scenario is AP uses his contract and refusal to renegotiate with the Vikings (along with publis discontent) to try and force the Vikings hand and release him. This way he can have a say in where he goes, as he will certainly want to go to a contender, and will likely be willing to take less from a team like the Vowboys if it means a shot at a title. Of course, the Vikes could always trade him to the Raiders, who could easily absorb his cap number, and would no doubt love to have an expensive player who will likely not lead them to a title (or even the playoffs). Vikings would also have the satisfaction of knowing AP would likely not hurt them in the future, as he would 1) be in the AFC and, 2) be on the Raiders, which is self explanatory.

Just thinking.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 pm

REPTAR wrote:A little off-topic, but just saying I do not see a trade to the Cowboys coming. Cowboys don't have the cap room to fit that contract. I don't even think a restructure would work, because you're just pushing money around in that case, not actually getting rid of it, and the Cowboys have already kicked the can down the road several times over with Romo. More likely scenario is AP uses his contract and refusal to renegotiate with the Vikings (along with publis discontent) to try and force the Vikings hand and release him. This way he can have a say in where he goes, as he will certainly want to go to a contender, and will likely be willing to take less from a team like the Vowboys if it means a shot at a title. Of course, the Vikes could always trade him to the Raiders, who could easily absorb his cap number, and would no doubt love to have an expensive player who will likely not lead them to a title (or even the playoffs). Vikings would also have the satisfaction of knowing AP would likely not hurt them in the future, as he would 1) be in the AFC and, 2) be on the Raiders, which is self explanatory.

Just thinking.

so force a cut by the vikes ... the ol peyton manning strongarm my way out of town gambit
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:24 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:
REPTAR wrote:A little off-topic, but just saying I do not see a trade to the Cowboys coming. Cowboys don't have the cap room to fit that contract. I don't even think a restructure would work, because you're just pushing money around in that case, not actually getting rid of it, and the Cowboys have already kicked the can down the road several times over with Romo. More likely scenario is AP uses his contract and refusal to renegotiate with the Vikings (along with publis discontent) to try and force the Vikings hand and release him. This way he can have a say in where he goes, as he will certainly want to go to a contender, and will likely be willing to take less from a team like the Vowboys if it means a shot at a title. Of course, the Vikes could always trade him to the Raiders, who could easily absorb his cap number, and would no doubt love to have an expensive player who will likely not lead them to a title (or even the playoffs). Vikings would also have the satisfaction of knowing AP would likely not hurt them in the future, as he would 1) be in the AFC and, 2) be on the Raiders, which is self explanatory.

Just thinking.

so force a cut by the vikes ... the ol peyton manning strongarm my way out of town gambit
Ha yeah, I think this makes the most sense for AP. Whether or not the Vikes actually do it remains tobe seen. Makes most sense for them to attempt a trade, and I'm sure their would be suitors, just don't think the Cowboys could realistically be one of them unless AP was a FA and they could negotiate his contract from scratch. Or the VIkes could keep him despite his sour grapes, because they have the cap room, it just wouldn't make for good relations if he clearly wants out.

And no way the Colts were gonna roster Manning AND Luck. Colts made the right decision for the future of their franchise.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:59 pm

A couple of thoughts...

1. Agree that physical punishment isn't a good way to discipline children, but I don't think a lot of you realize how prevalent it is. It's a widespread practice in many Southern states, and it's common in many other countries. I'm not saying it's okay, but the fact is that these aren't isolated incidents. It's going to take generations to change things on a grander scale. That said, AP was punished for what the league views as unacceptable, but that doesn't mean he should be crucified as a person.

2. More on-topic, I think it's likely that he goes to Dallas. In addition to football reasons of needing a talented RB like AP if they let Murray go, corporal punishment is viewed as more acceptable in the South. There would probably not be a huge PR hit with the fan base if AP were to become a Cowboy.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:A couple of thoughts...

1. Agree that physical punishment isn't a good way to discipline children, but I don't think a lot of you realize how prevalent it is. It's a widespread practice in many Southern states, and it's common in many other countries. I'm not saying it's okay, but the fact is that these aren't isolated incidents. It's going to take generations to change things on a grander scale. That said, AP was punished for what the league views as unacceptable, but that doesn't mean he should be crucified as a person.

2. More on-topic, I think it's likely that he goes to Dallas. In addition to football reasons of needing a talented RB like AP if they let Murray go, corporal punishment is viewed as more acceptable in the South. There would probably not be a huge PR hit with the fan base if AP were to become a Cowboy.
AP will go to whoever pays him the most if he's released, which isn't likely to be dallas.

Minnesota will probably just keep him though.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:A couple of thoughts...

AP will go to whoever pays him the most if he's released, which isn't likely to be dallas.

Minnesota will probably just keep him though.
AP has made a lot of money in his career. Being 30, do you really think he will prioritize money over chance to win a championship? Not being snide, geniune question.

I tend to think he would want to play for a contender and would take less money to do so. I have no idea if he stays or goes though. His relationship with Minny needs mending, but it's only February and a lot can happen.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:11 pm

REPTAR wrote:AP has made a lot of money in his career. Being 30, do you really think he will prioritize money over chance to win a championship? Not being snide, geniune question.

I tend to think he would want to play for a contender and would take less money to do so. I have no idea if he stays or goes though. His relationship with Minny needs mending, but it's only February and a lot can happen.
He has also racked up a lot of child support payments.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
REPTAR wrote:AP has made a lot of money in his career. Being 30, do you really think he will prioritize money over chance to win a championship? Not being snide, geniune question.

ba-dum cha!

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:15 pm

I was actually being serious.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:I was actually being serious.
In that case, I think he will be alright.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 am

REPTAR wrote:
Because of the long history for pro sports players to make sound financial decisions?

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:20 am

ccj wrote:
REPTAR wrote:
Because of the long history for pro sports players to make sound financial decisions?
Ok. It's possible that, if he's a FA, he takes the highest possible money deal (let's assume Oakland), over taking less money with a better chance of winning a Super Bowl (Cowboys?). All I was saying is that I think he goes for the contender in this scenario.

Also, having child support payments does not necessarily mean that he is going to go broke. I have no idea what kind of investments in his future AP has made. Probably something. Maybe nothing. I don't know. Let's revisit this thread in 10 years and talk then.

Also, alleged child abuse is not tied to child support. Child support will not be used as a punishment for his abused. If you have a kid, and you are no longer with the mother and she is caring for the kid, you will have child support. As far as I am aware, AP pays his child support. In 2013 he was sued for unpaid back child support, which he paid. So I find it unlikely that because of this, new child support will present itself. Perhaps new lack of child support will come to light, or maybe AP has more kids then we previously knew about and there is other new child support.

So yeah, maybe in his next contract, his top priority will be paying for child support. And maybe when his career is said and done and after 5 years of being out of the league, AP will have made terrible financial decisions and be flat broke - but to your point, something tells me that if AP has made poor enough choices to be broke after retirement, it's not going to matter if he makes 5 mil or 15 mil next year, he'll still be broke.

Uf, I'm talking about AP and child support, and what type of financial decisions he may or may not make (like every single gd player) in the future that we cannot possibly know now. Ridic.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 am

Lotto4Life wrote:

I think he has like 7 kids, with who knows how many different women. That's a lot of child support
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 am

The last HOF running back from Oklahoma has had to sell his Heisman about 15 times to make child support payments. Salaries are different now, obviously, but decision making may not be.