Know-It-Alls, we need your insight here!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Know-It-Alls, we need your insight here!

Postby Monkey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah, I agree with Shoreline and Clarion. That's why my comment was more about my process of coming up with my own rankings. Fine line between being helpful and giving back to the community and screwing up your own draft plan.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Last edited by TommyL31 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Well thank you kind sir! This was my first year watching the combine and you can tell right away who is a natural receiver and who isn't, Algholor looked really good out there. Coates looked a little stiff/raw. I was sort of hoping Parker had a better combine just so I could separate him from guys like DGB and Ajayi. I think Parker is the guy i'm most confused about since he never had that elite production in college but looks the part. My theory is DGB hasn't played in a year, maybe he's not in football shape and his combine numbers showed that. Who knows if after a year of playing his numbers might have been better, much better.
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Here's an example of the work I do on each prospect .. I work on the guys at the combine first, .. first and foremost is to find all the film I can on them .. Not only the cut-ups on breakdown, but also full games on youtube.. some programs fans really post all their teams games, a few that come to mind right away are OSU, Alabama, and Kansas State ..

Reviewing game logs, will tell you a ton of info, one simply were they productive, how many years were they .. and how many or how often did they miss games? Also helps to narrow down film to watch .. if the guy I want to see film on, only has 1 catch for 4 yds, certainly would help if I knew that before I watched 2 1/2 hours of youtube video wondering when he's going to make that catch .. haha.

It's about getting familiar with them before they get drafted ...
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Billy McFred wrote:Well thank you kind sir! This was my first year watching the combine and you can tell right away who is a natural receiver and who isn't, Algholor looked really good out there. Coates looked a little stiff/raw. I was sort of hoping Parker had a better combine just so I could separate him from guys like DGB and Ajayi. I think Parker is the guy i'm most confused about since he never had that elite production in college but looks the part. My theory is DGB hasn't played in a year, maybe he's not in football shape and his combine numbers showed that. Who knows if after a year of playing his numbers might have been better, much better.
DGB's Game Logs:

2013: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... en-beckham

have to use the pull down menu for 2012 ..
@PlankMelody

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Plank wrote:Here's an example of the work I do on each prospect .. I work on the guys at the combine first, .. first and foremost is to find all the film I can on them .. Not only the cut-ups on breakdown, but also full games on youtube.. some programs fans really post all their teams games, a few that come to mind right away are OSU, Alabama, and Kansas State ..

Reviewing game logs, will tell you a ton of info, one simply were they productive, how many years were they .. and how many or how often did they miss games? Also helps to narrow down film to watch .. if the guy I want to see film on, only has 1 catch for 4 yds, certainly would help if I knew that before I watched 2 1/2 hours of youtube video wondering when he's going to make that catch .. haha.

It's about getting familiar with them before they get drafted ...
I appreciate the insight but this thread is more about posting your findings rather than how you found it. I simply don't have the time to do all that.

As for DGB his college numbers don't look so hot. Red flag i suppose.

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 pm

So you simply want everyone to put in there hard work and tell you there rankings if I'm correct?
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Rosenbluu wrote:So you simply want everyone to put in there hard work and tell you there rankings if I'm correct?
Yes that is the entire point of the thread. We can't ALL be know-it-alls. Don't need full rankings but I want to know who people "who know it all" think will be better than the consensus, who will be worse than the consensus. If you don't tell us now i really don't need to hear about it a year or two from now. Let's all work together and share the wealth.

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 pm

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:05 pm

Billy McFred wrote:
Rosenbluu wrote:So you simply want everyone to put in there hard work and tell you there rankings if I'm correct?
Yes that is the entire point of the thread. We can't ALL be know-it-alls. Don't need full rankings but I want to know who people "who know it all" think will be better than the consensus, who will be worse than the consensus. If you don't tell us now i really don't need to hear about it a year or two from now. Let's all work together and share the wealth.
Ok, this post irritated me. This is the equivalent of "I didn't have time to do the homework but you're really smart so can I just copy yours?"

Use the consensus rankings like anyone else.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Kyle Brindza, Notre Dame
He had 10 more bench press reps than the rest of his competition...combined.
You heard it here first.

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 pm

TommyL31 wrote:
Billy McFred wrote:
Ok, this post irritated me. This is the equivalent of "I didn't have time to do the homework but you're really smart so can I just copy yours?"

Use the consensus rankings like anyone else.
Why use the consensus rankings when according to know-it-alls they are wrong? Why can't I just get correct information. I didn't realize being able to say 2 years from now on a message board "i knew X player would suck, you should have done your homework" is so important.

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:03 pm

TommyL31 wrote:Ha, love this topic. I will say I don't have a huge problem with people confirming that they held if they can point to a time stamped post of stating said opinion. For instance, in the "Screw the Majority" post the OP and Bobby Bruiser both stated that Kevin White was their 1.01 so if they want to bring that up now that everyone fell in love with his combine I have no problem with that but when people just randomly state stuff after the fact like:

"Well I never had Trent Richardson as a top 10 rookie pick coming out. I saw major red flags." or
"Le'Veon Bell was my #1 RB prior to last year." I take stuff like that with a HEAVY grain of salt

Can't remember which poster it was but one guy had/has a signature that instead of his team was something to the effect of:

"Give me crap if I'm higher than most on these guys:
Player A
Player B etc.

Give me crap if I'm lower than most on these guys:
Player C
Player D etc."

I thought that was brilliant and took a lot of guts. If someone isn't will to tell you a colossal mistake they've made I'm hesitant to believe any of their wins. Quite frankly I think it's EASIER to remember where you've missed than where you've hit because it stings more.

2 of my biggest misses:
Kenny Britt - traded Jamaal Charles for him when they were both coming off their injury seasons. Set a rebuild back about 2 years
Tavon Austin - yeah, many were high on him but I picked him at the 1.01. I still think he's better than he's looked but it's clear that at the 1.01 he was a horrific mistake
I can honestly say Le'veon was my number one back going into my startup before last year. Eat all the salt you want, it's the truth. Now, the rest of my team..... :crazy:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Billy McFred wrote:
Why use the consensus rankings when according to know-it-alls they are wrong? Why can't I just get correct information. I didn't realize being able to say 2 years from now on a message board "i knew X player would suck, you should have done your homework" is so important.
The know-it-alls aren't all going to agree, so how do you decide which one to believe? The consensus ranking is what you get when you combine their opinions, and the wisdom of the crowd is often better than any individual effort.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:34 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:Could just pm dlfield next time

Gotta say, best two posts of this thread...Carry on.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U