Gurley Red Flag

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Gurley Red Flag

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:02 pm

John Paul wrote:I'm cool with people ranking Gordon over Gurley. That may help me to have the chance to pick him. I don't see Trent Richardsom when I watch cutups of Gurley, so I don't trust that example.

Also, I'm just not going to draft based solely on 2015 production. I want long term gains for my team. I believe Gurley will provide that moreso than Gordon. There's still a chance that Cooper, White or Parker may pass him in my final rankings. I'm still checking tape and comparing collegiate production and physical metrics to established players already producing in the NFL.

I just don't see a QB or TE worth a 1st rounder in 2015 so those are the big four for me right now. Gordon is ahead of a lot of players IMO, just not the four I've mentioned.
To each their own. I was using T-Rich simply as an example of the consensus elite back coming out of college. He was a much better looking back in college then now, by the way. I can see by your roster make-up that you and I have a difference of opinions on a lot of players, so it doesn't strike me as odd that we don't agree on this.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Side me with the Gurley believers. Nothing against Gordon. He is a fine back in his own right. Not worried about the knee nor the ridiculous suspension.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

dlf_jules
Administrator

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Rams' Gurley to open training camp on active roster

This is good news (and a little unexpected).
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

dlf_jules wrote:Rams' Gurley to open training camp on active roster

Or bad new, if he he ends up like Bradford......

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 pm

They might want to keep him active/eligible to practice and all, but hopefully not rush him in to anything???
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Brees, Winston, Darnold
RB (3): David Johnson, N. Chubb, D. Guice, D. Henry, T. Coleman, C. Thompson
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, D. Pettis, P. Williams
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, I. Thomas

K (1): Wil Lutz

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): Luke Kuechly
DL (1): JJ Watt

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 pm

As a big gurley fan I agree good news.

Would like to see him eased in his first 2-3 games. Seattle week one won't offer much to begin with. I hope they do treat him carefully. Hopefully gurley starts rolling by mid October. That would justify everyone who just spend the 1.01 on him
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Andrew Luck, Eli Manning, Watson
RB: Leveon Bell, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Spencer Ware, Kareem Hunt, James Connor, Joe Williams
WR: Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Brandin cooks, Doug Baldwin, Tyrelle Pryor, Kenny Britt
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Jack Doyle, Shaheen

TEAM 2: 10 MAN PPR. (standard PPR). 5 year max keeper league.
QB: Winston, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Mixon, McCoy, Ingram, Hunt, Kamara, Coleman, Foreman, Riddick, CJ Prosise,Powell
WR: Dez Bryant, A Rob, Michael Thomas, Corey Davis, Keenan Allen, Zay Jones, Josh Doctson
TE: Zach Ertz, Oj Howard

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, Bridgewater, Tribisky, Glennon
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Theo Riddick,
WR: Sammy Watkins, Laquon Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Jordan Mathews, Jamison Crowder,
TE: Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, Eric Ebron, Cameron Brate
2018 picks: 1.03,2.03,3.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:08 pm

schiewerma21 wrote:

Would like to see him eased in his first 2-3 games. Seattle week one won't offer much to begin with. I hope they do treat him carefully. Hopefully gurley starts rolling by mid October. That would justify everyone who just spend the 1.01 on him
I really doubt it.....10 months after an ACL tear? I just don't see him being all that great this year...I think he will have an OK rookie year, and next year will be the year we see what he can really do...if he doesn't get hurt....again.

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel

Killacam96
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Killacam96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 am

Yeah I'm going Gordon at 1.01

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
schiewerma21 wrote:

I really doubt it.....10 months after an ACL tear? I just don't see him being all that great this year...I think he will have an OK rookie year, and next year will be the year we see what he can really do...if he doesn't get hurt....again.
Seeing how this is dynasty and not redraft, if I was a Gurley owner I'd be hoping he doesn't play until mid season, and even then is treated carefully. I'm happy punting on his first year with regards to RB1 production. Especially as you'd hope after another draft the Rams would continue to fix the line.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
schiewerma21 wrote:

My Gurley alleigances aside, it's kinda sad that you are clearly rooting for another human being to get hurt so you can be right on a point of discussion
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 am

Dookmariot wrote:Seeing how this is dynasty and not redraft, if I was a Gurley owner I'd be hoping he doesn't play until mid season, and even then is treated carefully. I'm happy punting on his first year with regards to RB1 production. Especially as you'd hope after another draft the Rams would continue to fix the line.
I am probably here too...maybe not a full year red shirt but maybe make sure he is fine in camp with no big swelling before pushing him inot NFL games
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:18 am

Joey Pigskins wrote: My Gurley alleigances aside, it's kinda sad that you are clearly rooting for another human being to get hurt so you can be right on a point of discussion[/quote]

Clearly, eh? Pointing out there is a possibility he get's hurt again is clearly rooting for him to get hurts? You understand there is a greater chance of re-tear early on right? The Rams are taking a big risk for their franchise...Bradford re-tore his ACL last year...... Please show we where, exactly were my comments where I was rooting for Gurley to get hurt? I also stated I think year 2 will be his year...if he didn't get hurt...again. I don't agree with them rushing him back so quickly, and I think that by doing this they are putting him at greater risk..... Don't know what you're talking about, man...you're taking my statement all wrong. "Clearly" you haven't put your "Gurley allegiances" aside, whatever that means, and are now putting statements on me that I didn't make.

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

Joey Pigskins wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
My Gurley alleigances aside, it's kinda sad that you are clearly rooting for another human being to get hurt so you can be right on a point of discussion
I don't see anywhere in FF's comment where he's rooting for Gurley to reinjure himself.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 am

Dookmariot wrote:
Joey Pigskins wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
I don't see anywhere in FF's comment where he's rooting for Gurley to reinjure himself.
Just to clarify, I think people are expecting too much year 1...I think year 2, when Gurley is further removed from the injury, and in better football shape, and has full confidence in his knee once again, will be the year we see him at his best....that is all mute if he re-tears his knee, or gets hurt again because he has been more focused on re-habbing the knee than overall football training....I really like Gurley's game, but I really think Fisher and Co. may be risking his future in an attempt to save their jobs......If this were Fisher's first season as HC, without the other years of disappointment, would they be rushing Gurley back? If there is any underlying aggression in my comments, be assured it is at the Rams staff....not Todd himself....I really hope they ease him in, and don't risk his career in a selfish attempt to exploit his talents to save their jobs......while risking his career. I hope they are doing this so he can be around the team, learn the plays, get comfortable with some non contact reps....but if they throw him out there in September or early October with 20 carries a game....I do not think that is in his best interest. His surgery was in late November....it's a lot to ask of a rookie, with a major knee injury. It's also interesting to note that his contract is front end loaded, basically only guaranteeing money the first couple of seasons, which (forgive me for sounding like a conspiracy theorist) leads me to the belief that the GM and coach know they have a short window before they are out the door, if they don't turn things around, and Gurley's contract leads me to believe they are willing to risk it year one......

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:29 pm

TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: A. Rodgers, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, M. Ingram, RAMS, RAVENS, JETS
WR: AJ Green, A. Thielen, J. Landry, Z. Jones, D. Westbrook, J. Gordon, D. Bryant, L. Treadwell
TE: E. Ebron, K. Rudolph, G. Olsen

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: D. Carr, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, P. Lindsay, J. McKinnon, T. Coleman, R. Jones, P. Barber
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, D. Westbrook, C. Samuel, R. Cobb, J. Gordon
TE: OJ Howard, J. Graham, C. Herndon

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, A. Luck, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Kupp, C. Ridley, DJ Moore, N. Harry, M. Williams, N. Agholor, M. Lee, MVS
TE: H. Henrey, T. Eifert