2015 Combine Observations

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

2015 Combine Observations

Postby AZK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Didn't see a thread started about the upcoming combine so I thought I would start one.

Whose results are you most interested in seeing?
Who do you think will be the biggest riser post combine?
Who do you think will be the biggest faller post combine?
Who will be the one guy that will become overdrafted in real life and/or fantasy football based on his results?

Also remember other forum members saying in the past that interviews with players were available somewhere online, just wondering if anyone has any insight on where I could find these.

Here is the list of events if anyone is interested:

Player Schedule: Feb. 17-23

Day 1 Arrivals*: Group 1 (Kickers, Special Teams, Offensive Line),
Group 2 (Offensive Line), Group 3 (Tight Ends)

Tues., Feb. 17 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Wed., Feb. 18 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Thur., Feb. 19 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 2 Arrivals*: Group 4 (Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers),
Group 5 (Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers), Group 6 (Running Backs)

Wed., Feb. 18 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Thur., Feb. 19 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 3 Arrivals*: Group 7 (Defensive Line), Group 8 (Defensive Line), Group 9 (Linebackers)
Thurs., Feb. 19 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Sun., Feb. 22 On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 4 Arrivals: Group 10 (Defensive Backs), Group 11 (Defensive Backs)
Fri., Feb. 20 Travel to Indianapolis ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Sun., Feb. 22 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Mon., Feb. 23 On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2015 Combine Observations

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:08 pm

I think I'm most interested in seeing how Melvin Gordon does in the catching drills. I don't own a top 3 pick anywhere but there's a lingering "Can he not catch or is it just the system?" question out there.

I think biggest riser will be (unsurprisingly) the guys with great measureables and more questionable college production. I susped Dorial Green-Beckham and Sammie Coates to be among that group. If Tevin Coleman weren't in a boot I would suspect he would have been a riser after the combine as well.

For fallers, not sure. Maybe Jay Ajayi? Not sure if he'll run that fast.

In terms of over drafted I think Sammie Coates in fantasy. In the real world I don't think the combine causes many guys to get over drafted. I think it's more likely to cause someone to fall and most of the over drafted guys tend to be a bit more sporadic and less combine based (now that Al Davis is no longer with us, God rest his soul).
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm not going to answer all the questions, but the 2 I'm interested to watch are Mariota and Winston. I know its a cop out but there is a lot of hype surrounding one of them going #1 overall.

There is also some talk about Winston being out of shape so I'm curious to see how the combine goes for either of them.

Also I'm watching out for the adidas sponsorships in the 40. Who signs and doesn't run well and who runs well without signing. (what can I say I like innovative marketing and sponsorship)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/the-fas ... 11-carrera
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rye300 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:22 pm

I heard adidas pulled the cars promotion via twitter. Just an fyi
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

As the owner of the 1.04 i'm really looking to see how Parker and White test out as it's very possible i'm going to end up picking between the two. I've noticed the majority of WR busts have a poor agility score so that is the one specific thing I want to know.
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:40 pm

Whose results are you most interested in seeing? DGB...I want to see what kind of condition he's in physically and mentally. I am also really looking forward to Funchess and Jaelen.
Who do you think will be the biggest riser post combine? I think Coates will make people forget that he can't catch and sneak into the first round and set somebody's team back for years. Dorsett also will probably be a big riser.
Who do you think will be the biggest faller post combine? I'm gonna go with Strong (bad 40 time probably), or Ameer (size concerns),
Who will be the one guy that will become overdrafted in real life and/or fantasy football based on his results? I think Coates or Dorsett.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Jason3123 wrote:Whose results are you most interested in seeing? DGB...I want to see what kind of condition he's in physically and mentally. I am also really looking forward to Funchess and Jaelen.
Who do you think will be the biggest riser post combine? I think Coates will make people forget that he can't catch and sneak into the first round and set somebody's team back for years. Dorsett also will probably be a big riser.
Who do you think will be the biggest faller post combine? I'm gonna go with Strong (bad 40 time probably), or Ameer (size concerns),
Who will be the one guy that will become overdrafted in real life and/or fantasy football based on his results? I think Coates or Dorsett.
I watched a segment on DGB last night on NFL network showing him training at EXOS and the trainers said he's in ridiculous shape and one of the biggest athletes they have ever seen. I guess we will see if they are right. They did show him working out and he looks like he's spent the last year + getting ready for this weekend.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:01 pm

I have the 1:10 and 1:12 in a league that I essentially only have Jeffrey, VJax, and Boldin to fill 3 WR, 1 flex, and 1 OP spot with. I am interested in the WR spot the most.

Am also interested who will test out best for essentially the 3rd and 4th QB spot.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm excited to see Devante Parker healthy going up against White and Cooper. Saturday is gonna be fun to watch!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Billy McFred wrote:As the owner of the 1.04 i'm really looking to see how Parker and White test out as it's very possible i'm going to end up picking between the two. I've noticed the majority of WR busts have a poor agility score so that is the one specific thing I want to know.

Good call. I'm sitting at the 1.04 with basically the same questions as well. I'm surprised to see White climbing in a lot of mocks lately. I don't know much about him but I heard his 2014 season was much better than his first two. I like the fact that Parker was able to come back from injury but I don't like the sounds that he's had a few of them. I'm torn and secretly hope one of the big three fall to me. I've also been thinking twice about DGB. He's so tall and still has good body control but hasn't played in a year and it sounds like he will start the NFL on some kind of probationary period.
Last edited by RenMasters on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Real-time results, courtesy of @NEPD_Loyko.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 pm

SuhFEAR wrote:
Billy McFred wrote:As the owner of the 1.04 i'm really looking to see how Parker and White test out as it's very possible i'm going to end up picking between the two. I've noticed the majority of WR busts have a poor agility score so that is the one specific thing I want to know.

Good call. I'm sitting at the 1.04 with basically the same questions as well. I'm surprised to see White climbing in a lot of mocks lately. I don't know much about him but I heard his 2014 season was much better than his first two. I like the fact that Parker was able to come back from injury but I don't like the sounds that he's had a few of them. I'm torn and secretly hope one of the big three fall to me. I've also been thinking twice about DGB. He's so tall and still has good body control but hasn't played in a year and it sounds like he will start the NFL on some kind of probationary period.
Agreed, I'm hoping Amari Cooper falls or something b/c i know i'm gonna be so tempted to swing for the fences and take DGB with the 1.04 (especially if he tests well in agility, and hand size :D )
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:53 pm

I am a bit disappointed that Coleman won't be participating. I was really hoping to see his agility/burst scores, because I would like to prove or disprove his straight-line ability. I think him not participating will knock him down in both the real draft and dynasty drafts, because we won't know his official 40-time, which is probably his best metric, and the foot injury is just plain scary for a running back.

I also think Coates, Devin Smith, and Dorsett will increase their stock by having stellar 40-times. I'm going to be paying close attention to their routes/catching, as well as their short-area quickness / burst metrics. I'm not sold on Coates or Smith based on usage/production, but I do think they'll show well in the combine.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:02 pm

DGB, Parker & White. My 1.04 will be one of those 3.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Jules wrote:Real-time results, courtesy of @NEPD_Loyko.
This great thanks jules. Do you know if they have it for years past? Would be interesting to compare results with current players.