Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 am
FiremanEd wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 am Amazed so many listen to Dynasty Nerds. While I used to listen, the expanded amount of options made it extremely easy to cut them from the rotation. Rich thinks extremely high of himself and it became difficult to stomach.

I still listen to UTH, though it is mostly fluff. They would be better off cutting Tim, who brings very little to the table. He tries, but I take anything he says as any sort of special insight and I question if he’s actually good at dynasty. On the other hand, he at least is modest, while Katie seemingly thinks as high of herself as one possibly could. I do find her more knowledgeable though.

Played in a league with The Average Joes (maybe still the name?), and they lost all my respect. They co-owned, were slow as molasses, team wasn’t good, went all in (selling all draft picks and youth) for win now assets, and still missed playoffs. They then bailed with limited notice sitting wanting more time for their new podcast. Not the type of guys you want to have guide you. Their pod was garbage ‘got takes’ mostly too (when I listened).

RotoUnderworld gets my ear when it is the Dynasty episodes, but yea, it takes a special type of listen.

Dynasty Tradecast is alright, though Dan is too full of himself living on the luck that comes with a Scott Fish Bowl victory. Nathan is good, but probably too youth focused for his own good.

Ryan McDowell is the GOAT. Enjoy the DLF Pod, Dynasty Blueprint, most of the DTC (Stumpy talks a lot but just regurgitates things he reads and will easily pass on BS takes). Dynasty and Chill is casual with a nice guy host. Scott Connor is a good guy who does his time and hustles. Good guy in leagues too. Dynasty Command Center is good when not puffing up garbage player comps for a website half the show as some sort of support for prospects. Read & React for IDP, as IDP Guys are redraft and mediocre at best.

Spend a lot of travel time too and from work, so lots of listening for sure, though have become highly skeptical of a lot of the voices. Mostly don’t care when people act like their opinion is some fact and that there aren’t other possible outcomes. Just acknowledge that we don’t know the future, but make educated decisions with logical considerations for them. Some definitely have a big ego just because they have a show.
They claim to watch hundreds of hours of film, and then ask you for "a coffee",( also known as money.) Then they make comments like, "DJ Chark profiles as a number 1 receiver". Buy your own coffee.
Eesh. Famous last words on Chark, and I hate the Nerds podcast. Still subscribe, don't listen except in January/March for their pre and post combine thoughts, but other than that, it's a skip. Still, if they said that about Chark, lots of power to them because they nailed that take (granted, there were quite a few others that were buying Chark in the summer, but it was still clearly a minority opinion. The best I was able to do was pick him up via a couple of rookie drafts where he was thrown back in (waived guys are accessible in most of my rookie drafts), and then make insta-trades in September the second he started showing it for real, paying high in both, in what looks like great, great trades now. Not bragging, as my brother took me to the cleaners in two separate Godwin trades that were so horrific, I am completely flummoxed as to whether or not I was dosed before hand lol. That bad. And I went out of my way to get Godwin everywhere in '17, can't for the life of me figure out what the hell I was thinking a year later (and I have plenty of horrible trades in my rear view mirror as well beyond that).

One thing I would love to figure out is if there's any systemic flaw in my trading/picking/waiver decisions, because I'd love to do a better job in all three area's. I think I've improved dramatically in start up drafts, am very good at rookie drafts, but just above average in trading and probably weak in waivers.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:34 pm

usps33 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 pm Trade Addicts Podcast is one that I’ve found worth listening to.
Yep, I really enjoy the personalities on that show. Enjoy the irreverence, sarcasm etc. It's been one of the few new podcasts I've continued to consistently listen to since I found it earlier this year.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:40 am I love the antithesis of RotoUnderworld and Football Guys. It's a good mix. Ying and Yang. Ohmmmmmmm! LOL. Seriously, though completely different, but I like both. Kelley is much better with a guest, or with Nate than on his own. I hate ads, and I wish he didn't go there with knife fights etc, but whatever.

I used to like the Fantasy Footballers (almost totally redraft based), but they are just so add driven, and cliche at this point. High quality production, but it just seems so mainstream news like, and I don't like that from a Fantasy Football Podcast. I think they've just become a product and characters to fit a script. The "Foot Clan" and "water bet" and all that. Ugh. No thanks. Apparently they did live shows at some point? That's too much. Travelling and paying money to watch and listen to these guys talk about Fantasy Football? Wow. That's a whole new level I want no part of, but to each their own, I suppose.
That's funny, I used to listen to both as well. I've dumped FGB's other than Bloom's show he does. But the contrast is certainly worthwhile, like another posters Harris Football and Matt Kelley, just total contrast, allows you a good window into totally different approaches (except Harris is pretty much redraft which is one of the two reasons I dont listen to his at all). I try to get some tape guys especially before the rookie drafts because I tilt heavily towards analytics, and there are guys like Kareem Hunt, who are 1000% tape successes, that I'd totally miss if I didn't listen to tape guys (and I mostly did, picked up a couple of shares this offseason on the cheap). tape guys definitely help occassionally, I just trust the analytics guys more, they hit on way more dark horse types, and generally avoid the biggest busts w/much greater consistency (especially RB's, but also certain types of WR's like Mike Williams), but even w/that trust, I don't want to miss out on guys like Hunt or McLaurin, though in truth, I don't know how to hit on a McLaurin (guy who never broke out, never produced anything, stuck behind superior athletes, no evidence to go back, but he's good, how do you know that? A senior bowl, and combine?? My redskins took him which made me that much more determined to avoid him entirely).

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:49 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 pm Haha, good call on yourself. Seriously. I respect it.

But here’s the thing - he did NOT profile as a WR1. He was tall and fast, and that is the only thing he did well coming out of college.
I wouldn't go that far. He definitely didn't produce much (38th percentile dominator), was good w/his breakout age (65th percentile) in as much as that was kind of a breakout. He also did great in the explosion drills (Broad Jump and Vertical), hitting the 93rd percentile there to go with that 96th percentile size adjusted speed score.

To me, he was a guy you had to look at and decide, did LSU waste him like they've utterly wasted a gazillion other 4 and 5 star WR recruits, or is he yet another non-descript athlete WR's after the hit's w/OBJ and Landry? Turns out he was a stud that was wasted by talentless hack QB's and a moribund offensive scheme. It was well worth investigating late in '18 and in the '19 offseason because he was basically "free" and there were no proven weapons at WR in Jacksonville and Bortles was gone. I wish I'd gone after him more aggressively, but I'm happy to have added shares in 4 of my 12 dynasty leagues considering I had zero after the 2018 season. I got 2 basically for free, and 2 via expensive trades that I'm very happy to have done. Still concerned though that Jacksonville remains a VERY MUDDY situation at QB.

cbrehm
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cbrehm » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Very interesting reading older posts. Thanks for all of the recommendations. I enjoy the ridiculousness and pretty solid rookie takes from the Nerds. I did not know that Tim used to write for them. Maybe explains why he mentioned being at a table with Rich at some off-season event that I cannot remember the name of, and Rich never mentioned him. I am not a fan of most people, but I would buy Rich and Matt, probably Garret as well, a beer. Saturday football, God bless America. Peace

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:18 pm

http://dfl.buzzsprout.com/

A shout out to these guys. I like them . They are new this year but worth a listen

https://www.dynastyfootballlife.com/dynasty-rankings (Their base website)
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

twistd
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby twistd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:57 am

Dynasty and Chill is really good.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:47 pm

http://dfl.buzzsprout.com/689434/238064 ... ookie-mock

Podcast on the 2020 draft with 3 round half PPR superflex

BrentMayFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BrentMayFF » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:12 pm

I love the podcast format, able to get content while doing other things. I especially lvoe it for Dynasty.

It appears my preferences don't align with the masses because I have a hard time with the need to be "Entertained" Take the most popular FF podcast out there, The Fantasy Footballers... I have a hard time making it through an episode, not because of their thoughts or opinions, but because they crank the "Entertainment" to 11. But I seem to be in the minority, as I've already pointed out they are extremely popular.

My main reason for listening is to get other thoughts and opinions on player values, strategy, roster construction, league issues, etc. Anything that will help me get an edge in my leagues. But it drives me crazy when they think because they are talking into a mic that somehow that makes them better or more knowledgeable than myself or other listeners. Not all are, in fact I'd like to give the majority of DLF podcasts props for this, they do a great job in having a discussion and not talking down to the listeners. Some love to point out the hits they make, but always forget to mention the big misses they have previously put out there.

I don't mind at all those that mention or promote their patreon or premium services, T-shirts, etc... as they are putting work in and podcasts are free, so I have zero issues with them trying to monetize their hard work. It's up to me if I want to become a paetron and/or purchase their goods and services. For the ones that go on about it, I can always fast forward over it.

I also like it when they use facts, reasons or evidence to back up their viewpoint. Telling me a player sucks and "Isn't very good at football" doesn't add much to a discussion. The latter I find especially annoying, as it's really a ridiculous statement and doesn't add much to an argument. I also don't look for opinions to match mine, I love my beliefs to be challenged, to see if they hold up to the argument against my current opinion, to see if it alters my perception or if there are reasons I can counter the argument.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:11 am

As we approach the off season, I would like to share the Dallas Cowboys "The Draft Show" podcast.

Hosts Helman and Bryan Broaddus .. it also had Dane Brugler last few years, but he won't be a major part of it this year .. While its focused on the Dallas Cowboys it still provides a ton of great info on the players .. Broaddus used to be a part of the front office/scouting, and while he admits that he certainly doesn't know everything (why he isn't a part of it anymore and a podcaster) his insights are very useful ..

@TheDraftShow
@PlankMelody

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Still think Rotounderworld is a good bobcast.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm Still think Rotounderworld is a good bobcast.
LOL love to see it. This is a legendary bobcast for sure.
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:37 pm

So apparently the Dynasty Nerds and others banded together to get Matt Kelley removed from a podcasters league because he called one of them out on his podcast over some condescending, nonsensical tweets (not the nerds, another guy). LOL. Things are getting a little hot under the caller in the Dynasty Community. Personally, I think the nerds are idiots, but the fact they went to that length is humorous to me. I listened to the pod, and nothing was a personal attack, just calling out the guys backwards logic. I think it's hilarious.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:37 pm So apparently the Dynasty Nerds and others banded together to get Matt Kelley removed from a podcasters league because he called one of them out on his podcast over some condescending, nonsensical tweets (not the nerds, another guy). LOL. Things are getting a little hot under the caller in the Dynasty Community. Personally, I think the nerds are idiots, but the fact they went to that length is humorous to me. I listened to the pod, and nothing was a personal attack, just calling out the guys backwards logic. I think it's hilarious.
Dynasty Nerds is trash. It’s lowest common denominator garbage that’s only useful if you want to know what the worst player in your league is thinking. Very excited for them to rank Eno Benjamin over Akers.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:19 pm