What was her take on Kyler Murray?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby Plank » Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm

here is an old thread on podcasts
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86660&start=360&hilit=podcast

My favorite is still the footballguys .. On the Couch and audible, Bloom, Waldman, Bramel, and Cecil
@PlankMelody

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 pm

It's not mainly dynasty but I like the Harris Football podcast. The only thing that annoys me about him is he always seems to take soft stances on things to where he can't be "technically" wrong, he's always throwing out back door statements.

As far as Dynasty podcasts go in general I get annoyed and quickly tune out of podcasts where the host(s) gloat about trades they have made and constantly bring it up on air. We all know, you've never made a single bad trade and win all your 20 dynasty leagues every season. Congrats.

I like the Dynasty Trades HQ podcasts mainly because of Shane. Sure I think he does put up a bit of a facade when he comes off clueless at times but it's entertaining nonetheless and he is never afraid to bring up trades he has made regardless of how bad they seem plus the hosts work well with each other.

Other ones I like:

Jet Set Fantasy: Yeah it can be pretty dumb and goofy and by no means do they give anywhere close to the best info but I find it funny and entertaining
Dynasty Diagnostic
Dynasty Warzone
The FF Dynasty
Dynasty Blueprint
Last edited by metalmat on Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Probably means Rotounderworld. Regardless of whether or not you like Matt Kelley, I find him the most entertaining. He brings the "professional Wrestling" tactic as he puts it, to other podcasters he doesn't like. Nick Whalen being the latest. His show is meandering but his editing and flow has become very refined from his earlier days, so a 2 hour show doesn't seem to drag. Some people find him abrasive, and I used to, but it's definitely a character of sorts, and you either like it or you don't, I think.
I really did try to like his podcasts but I just can't stand his "shtick". It just comes off as totally fake, annoying and not needed. I actually liked when he would just be himself, he has quite a bit of good to discuss not only fantasy football related but just in general. However, as soon as he turns on his wannabe "badass" persona with the fake laughs I just tune out and have been tuned out for quite a few months now.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 pm RotoUnderworld is both entertaining and helpful to listen to! I'm a big metrics guy so I gravitate towards podcasts that talk about the numbers a lot.
do you subscribe to the playerprofiler site for rotounderworld? was wondering if its worth the money

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am

ebsteelers wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am
lanemitchell96 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 pm RotoUnderworld is both entertaining and helpful to listen to! I'm a big metrics guy so I gravitate towards podcasts that talk about the numbers a lot.
do you subscribe to the playerprofiler site for rotounderworld? was wondering if its worth the money
The podcast is free.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 am

I do not subscribe as of right now. Without the subscription you can still see all of the player profiles but I've heard good things about the full version and I've considered it for a while but haven't done it yet. As Bot101 said, the podcast itself is free, but I feel like the PlayerProfiler subscription would be pretty sweet.
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 am
I do not subscribe as of right now. Without the subscription you can still see all of the player profiles but I've heard good things about the full version and I've considered it for a while but haven't done it yet. As Bot101 said, the podcast itself is free, but I feel like the PlayerProfiler subscription would be pretty sweet.
yeah I am familiar with the free podcast, but was curious about the playerprofiler website rankings etc... and saw there is a cost to that.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Three podcast that have really helped to up my dynasty knowledge that are ironically are not dynasty related:

Strong Opinion Sports- Zach Shomler, a former college QB, puts out great podcasts on youtube breaking down QBs. He puts a lot of time and effort into his analysis and sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

PFF NFL Podcast- Their analysis covers all positions as it relates to real football, not fantasy, but because they are in the business of watching film and grading out all of the players, I find it gives me a greater understanding of the supporting cast around a particular player. I also found their breakdown of the incoming draft class to be of great value in preparing for my drafts.

Fantasy Footballers- Although they do talk about dynasty from time to time, they are rather new to it and approach it from a redraft mentality. It's just not their bag. However, as well as being highly entertaining, they put a lot of time into their yearly fantasy forecast and have been pretty accurate in the past. I like the fact that they take the time to watch all of the games and are constantly re-evaluating their projections. I have found their podcast to be a great help in my in-season sit/start decisions.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Sun May 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Dynasty Dude
Dynasty blueprint
Dynasty Nerds

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 pm

I listen to every UTH free show. Katie is absolutely painful to listen to, for the reasons already stated, and yes, Chad is way too high on himself and his opinions, I think. But there are definitely some helpful nuggets in there. Just gotta listen through the crap to find the gold.

Harris Football is my favorite show. I HATE his voice. I find his hubris torturous at times. I personally get annoyed with how “counter-cultural” he feels the need to be (seemingly at all times). But hey, it’s his podcast! I do not have to listen, right? ;)

But Chris Harris is smart & earnest. I love that he’s doing a tremendous amount of work watching every single play, that’s something no other podcast does. He has been incredibly helpful in shaping how I watch football, and how I build my rosters. I LOVE following Chris, for those reasons. Anyone who talks like he does, and yet demands my ears for every one of his episodes, must be doing something right.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon May 20, 2019 12:02 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 pm I listen to every UTH free show. Katie is absolutely painful to listen to, for the reasons already stated, and yes, Chad is way too high on himself and his opinions, I think. But there are definitely some helpful nuggets in there. Just gotta listen through the crap to find the gold.

Harris Football is my favorite show. I HATE his voice. I find his hubris torturous at times. I personally get annoyed with how “counter-cultural” he feels the need to be (seemingly at all times). But hey, it’s his podcast! I do not have to listen, right? ;)

But Chris Harris is smart & earnest. I love that he’s doing a tremendous amount of work watching every single play, that’s something no other podcast does. He has been incredibly helpful in shaping how I watch football, and how I build my rosters. I LOVE following Chris, for those reasons. Anyone who talks like he does, and yet demands my ears for every one of his episodes, must be doing something right.
I don't know about Harris. I just watched a short podcast he posted on youtube from late December last year. He listed his top 5 sleepers for 2019 and the top 3 were Kenny Golladay, Dalvin Cook, and Brandin Cooks. Wow! Good to know, thanks man. Does this man even know what the term means? Who is his target audience?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 am

If I remember correctly, I think he defined sleeper as someone who will be valued lower than they should be - not necessarily a “late round” sleeper such as Justin Watson or Justice Hill. And keep in mind, his target audience is redraft not dynasty.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 am

Amazed so many listen to Dynasty Nerds. While I used to listen, the expanded amount of options made it extremely easy to cut them from the rotation. Rich thinks extremely high of himself and it became difficult to stomach.

I still listen to UTH, though it is mostly fluff. They would be better off cutting Tim, who brings very little to the table. He tries, but I take anything he says as any sort of special insight and I question if he’s actually good at dynasty. On the other hand, he at least is modest, while Katie seemingly thinks as high of herself as one possibly could. I do find her more knowledgeable though.

Played in a league with The Average Joes (maybe still the name?), and they lost all my respect. They co-owned, were slow as molasses, team wasn’t good, went all in (selling all draft picks and youth) for win now assets, and still missed playoffs. They then bailed with limited notice sitting wanting more time for their new podcast. Not the type of guys you want to have guide you. Their pod was garbage ‘got takes’ mostly too (when I listened).

RotoUnderworld gets my ear when it is the Dynasty episodes, but yea, it takes a special type of listen.

Dynasty Tradecast is alright, though Dan is too full of himself living on the luck that comes with a Scott Fish Bowl victory. Nathan is good, but probably too youth focused for his own good.

Ryan McDowell is the GOAT. Enjoy the DLF Pod, Dynasty Blueprint, most of the DTC (Stumpy talks a lot but just regurgitates things he reads and will easily pass on BS takes). Dynasty and Chill is casual with a nice guy host. Scott Connor is a good guy who does his time and hustles. Good guy in leagues too. Dynasty Command Center is good when not puffing up garbage player comps for a website half the show as some sort of support for prospects. Read & React for IDP, as IDP Guys are redraft and mediocre at best.

Spend a lot of travel time too and from work, so lots of listening for sure, though have become highly skeptical of a lot of the voices. Mostly don’t care when people act like their opinion is some fact and that there aren’t other possible outcomes. Just acknowledge that we don’t know the future, but make educated decisions with logical considerations for them. Some definitely have a big ego just because they have a show.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 21, 2019 11:30 am

Just listened to the dynasty command center and really enjoyed it.