Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby blemly » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:22 pm

The main two I listen to are:

Rotounderworld - As stated above, it requires getting used to and he just isn't for some people. Still my favorite metrics-based analysis.

Harris Football - my film-grinder podcast. Some will say that he is just as insufferable as Matt Kelley, but he cares about what he does and I think he does a good job doing it.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:40 am

I love the antithesis of RotoUnderworld and Football Guys. It's a good mix. Ying and Yang. Ohmmmmmmm! LOL. Seriously, though completely different, but I like both. Kelley is much better with a guest, or with Nate than on his own. I hate ads, and I wish he didn't go there with knife fights etc, but whatever.

I used to like the Fantasy Footballers (almost totally redraft based), but they are just so add driven, and cliche at this point. High quality production, but it just seems so mainstream news like, and I don't like that from a Fantasy Football Podcast. I think they've just become a product and characters to fit a script. The "Foot Clan" and "water bet" and all that. Ugh. No thanks. Apparently they did live shows at some point? That's too much. Travelling and paying money to watch and listen to these guys talk about Fantasy Football? Wow. That's a whole new level I want no part of, but to each their own, I suppose.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ComingDoom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ComingDoom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Is there a podcast that focuses on player evaluation through a fantasy football lense? One that helps identify players with talent in bad situations or even to identify frauds that may be putting up good numbers but just due to situation. The closest I can think of is something similar like Harmon's reception perception but through a podcast and not just focused on wrs. Any help would be appreciated!

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 pm

ComingDoom wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm Is there a podcast that focuses on player evaluation through a fantasy football lense? One that helps identify players with talent in bad situations or even to identify frauds that may be putting up good numbers but just due to situation. The closest I can think of is something similar like Harmon's reception perception but through a podcast and not just focused on wrs. Any help would be appreciated!
Yes that would be the Harris Football podcast. He also breaks down football specifically for fantasy, on YouTube.

His voice is annoying. His jokes are annoying. He can’t seem to get over himself sometimes.

But, he is very intelligent and he has been very beneficial to me as a fantasy owner the last few years. I listen to every single podcast he makes, without fail.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ComingDoom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ComingDoom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a listen

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 am
FiremanEd wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 am Amazed so many listen to Dynasty Nerds. While I used to listen, the expanded amount of options made it extremely easy to cut them from the rotation. Rich thinks extremely high of himself and it became difficult to stomach.

I still listen to UTH, though it is mostly fluff. They would be better off cutting Tim, who brings very little to the table. He tries, but I take anything he says as any sort of special insight and I question if he’s actually good at dynasty. On the other hand, he at least is modest, while Katie seemingly thinks as high of herself as one possibly could. I do find her more knowledgeable though.

Played in a league with The Average Joes (maybe still the name?), and they lost all my respect. They co-owned, were slow as molasses, team wasn’t good, went all in (selling all draft picks and youth) for win now assets, and still missed playoffs. They then bailed with limited notice sitting wanting more time for their new podcast. Not the type of guys you want to have guide you. Their pod was garbage ‘got takes’ mostly too (when I listened).

RotoUnderworld gets my ear when it is the Dynasty episodes, but yea, it takes a special type of listen.

Dynasty Tradecast is alright, though Dan is too full of himself living on the luck that comes with a Scott Fish Bowl victory. Nathan is good, but probably too youth focused for his own good.

Ryan McDowell is the GOAT. Enjoy the DLF Pod, Dynasty Blueprint, most of the DTC (Stumpy talks a lot but just regurgitates things he reads and will easily pass on BS takes). Dynasty and Chill is casual with a nice guy host. Scott Connor is a good guy who does his time and hustles. Good guy in leagues too. Dynasty Command Center is good when not puffing up garbage player comps for a website half the show as some sort of support for prospects. Read & React for IDP, as IDP Guys are redraft and mediocre at best.

Spend a lot of travel time too and from work, so lots of listening for sure, though have become highly skeptical of a lot of the voices. Mostly don’t care when people act like their opinion is some fact and that there aren’t other possible outcomes. Just acknowledge that we don’t know the future, but make educated decisions with logical considerations for them. Some definitely have a big ego just because they have a show.
They claim to watch hundreds of hours of film, and then ask you for "a coffee",( also known as money.) Then they make comments like, "DJ Chark profiles as a number 1 receiver". Buy your own coffee.
I stand humbled, at least for now. I did not see this coming at all. I am willing to admit I am wrong on this, and the fact he saw something I perhaps did not. I am calling myself out. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Haha, good call on yourself. Seriously. I respect it.

But here’s the thing - he did NOT profile as a WR1. He was tall and fast, and that is the only thing he did well coming out of college.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 pm Haha, good call on yourself. Seriously. I respect it.

But here’s the thing - he did NOT profile as a WR1. He was tall and fast, and that is the only thing he did well coming out of college.
Being at LSU had the most to do with hiding his WR1 potential.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 pm
ComingDoom wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm Is there a podcast that focuses on player evaluation through a fantasy football lense? One that helps identify players with talent in bad situations or even to identify frauds that may be putting up good numbers but just due to situation. The closest I can think of is something similar like Harmon's reception perception but through a podcast and not just focused on wrs. Any help would be appreciated!
Yes that would be the Harris Football podcast. He also breaks down football specifically for fantasy, on YouTube.

His voice is annoying. His jokes are annoying. He can’t seem to get over himself sometimes.

But, he is very intelligent and he has been very beneficial to me as a fantasy owner the last few years. I listen to every single podcast he makes, without fail.
My problem with Harris is that he hedges on everything and never takes a stand.

Aaron Jones could be great this year if he stays healthy and gets a big majority of the workload. But he could split time with Jamaal Williams and sometimes he gets banged up.

It's like yeah dude, we know all that. We're looking for you to give your opinion on which outcome it's going to be.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 pm

My problem with Harris is that he hedges on everything and never takes a stand.

Aaron Jones could be great this year if he stays healthy and gets a big majority of the workload. But he could split time with Jamaal Williams and sometimes he gets banged up.

It's like yeah dude, we know all that. We're looking for you to give your opinion on which outcome it's going to be.
Great point, and you're right he hedges a ton. I think it's because he despises the hot bakery of so many "analysts" who act like they know all, in black & white terms. So he overcorrects I think.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 am

That's because he isn't trying to take a definitive stance on what is going to "happen" in the future. Instead, he is trying to evaluate talent, and he even does a good job of including situation in his rankings as well, to make his fantasy arguments. I find this approach way better than any other analyst. He consistently says "You can't legislate usage," and "We don't actually know how that offense is going to be next year."

Honestly, what do you want him to say about Aaron Jones? "Hey guys jones is going to be a top 10 rb and I don't think he will ever get injured". He made a video, which showed the film on A. Jones, said he was a way better athlete/player than Jamaal Williams, and illustrated how Jones would not be a true 3 down workhorse, all of which he was right about. He also made it really clear that he had no idea how new coaching was going to use Jones, but said if they did use him properly he could see Jones as a RB1. From there you make whatever judgements you want on the player's situation/usage because frankly we know as much as harris at that point.

Over the years he has been consistently right, and it comes from his talent/skill based valuation vs. whatever other fantasy experts try to bullshit you on. Also, I prefer his analysis way more than the fantasy footballers, who pretend like they are all taking hard stances, when in reality they usually always take different sides to cover their bases, when it comes too difficult predictions.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 am

Kmani6 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 am That's because he isn't trying to take a definitive stance on what is going to "happen" in the future. Instead, he is trying to evaluate talent, and he even does a good job of including situation in his rankings as well, to make his fantasy arguments. I find this approach way better than any other analyst. He consistently says "You can't legislate usage," and "We don't actually know how that offense is going to be next year."

Honestly, what do you want him to say about Aaron Jones? "Hey guys jones is going to be a top 10 rb and I don't think he will ever get injured". He made a video, which showed the film on A. Jones, said he was a way better athlete/player than Jamaal Williams, and illustrated how Jones would not be a true 3 down workhorse, all of which he was right about. He also made it really clear that he had no idea how new coaching was going to use Jones, but said if they did use him properly he could see Jones as a RB1. From there you make whatever judgements you want on the player's situation/usage because frankly we know as much as harris at that point.

Over the years he has been consistently right, and it comes from his talent/skill based valuation vs. whatever other fantasy experts try to bullshit you on. Also, I prefer his analysis way more than the fantasy footballers, who pretend like they are all taking hard stances, when in reality they usually always take different sides to cover their bases, when it comes too difficult predictions.
I do find them entertaining but DANG this statement is so true :lol: :clap:
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

smoppelpoppel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoppelpoppel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am

Probably already mentioned, but I really like The Fantasy Footballers. Very entertaining, accurate, different perspectives, really like it.
7 keeper, 12 team 0,5 PPR league
1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DST

Champ 2020 :thumbup:
Champ 2019 :thumbup:
Champ 2018 :thumbup:

My roster:
QB: Herbert
WR: Kupp, Godwin, Hollywood, Wilson, Downs, Cooks
RB: Walker, Kamara, Mixon, J. Cook, Warren
TE: Kelce, McBride
DEF: Streaming

Picks 2023: all

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 pm What was her take on Kyler Murray?
Sorry didn't see this. She was basically as positive as you could get, like 99.99%, that Murray wasn't a first rounder or a second rounder or anything, that he was a baseball player period, and irrelevant in Dynasty. She's had quite a few big misses like that over the years. Of course, I would've thought the same, just not w/her degree of certainty because there's a big problem here. Kyler gets WAY WAY WAY WAY more money sooner, if he comes out for football, and the bust risk is signficantly higher with MLB 1st rounders as opposed to NFL 1st rounders. So essentially, it depends upon whether your a Bryce Harper/Stras like prospect, where it's a near lock your a pro baseball player, and not a speculative prospect, or the latter. If it's the latter, I go against Flower 1000%, but if it's a near lock that your a legit pro player your draft year in MLB, then you do baseball every time. Longer career arc, stronger union, better chances for multiple mega pay day's that are guaranteed unlike NFL contracts, and you don't live with a massive risk of permanent body and brain damage from playing the sport.

However, Katie spoke as if it was a foregone conclusion that Murray would be a baseball player and football was out of the question which was a ludicrously confident take considering what was happening at the time.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Plank wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm here is an old thread on podcasts
http://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com/ ... it=podcast

My favorite is still the footballguys .. On the Couch and audible, Bloom, Waldman, Bramel, and Cecil
They were my first podcasts I listened to along w/the Dynasty One Podcast (wonder what happened to them?-I think they were originally a DLF podcast, went out on their own, and then split up soon after).. I've since moved on, other than On the Couch. I'm a bit more skeptical of Waldman these days, and Bloom is a quality entertainer, but I'm suspicious of people who have so much intuition seemingly involved in their takes.