Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 27, 2019 8:10 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:41 am Just listened to a few episodes of Dynasty Blueprint, and it's OK. One thing I don't like is when podcasts give takes that don't make sense, though. I don't expect people to know everything, but when you edit your show, you should catch obvious errors. When discussing the top 3 backs Jacobs, Sanders and Montgomery, and the threat of the 2020 class, Williamson said that he felt Jacobs and Sanders had more staying power, and that Montgomery may be more of a short term play (which I would agree with). He then followed his statement by saying the Bears would be more likely to spend a first round pick on a RB in 2020. :think: :doh:
Well to be fair, that wasn’t an “error” or even a bad take.

He wasn’t at all predicting that Chicago will spend a 1st on a runner next year.
He was just saying that out of Oakland, Philly, & Chicago, he would be less surprised if the Bears drafted a RB highly than the eagles or the Raiders. Which, I definitely agree with. They spent the least amount of draft capital on their RB compared to Jacobs (1st) & Sanders (2nd).

But his whole comment was kind of an aside, talking on the fly, just making a point that he thinks Jacobs & Sanders are likely more insulated long term.

—-

Anywho, I had never listened to the blueprint until today, after hearing several of you guys endorse it. Pretty solid stuff. I’ll subscribe for a bit and give it a shot.
I understand he meant the Bears were more likely to grab another RB early, but he did say they were more likely to spend a first on a RB. That is an error, for obvious reasons. I just wish that people would correct obvious errors like that, at some point in the show, it would go a long way to creating confidence in the take. I do agree with the take overall.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Best podcasts

Postby ManuManu » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:25 pm

With Evan Silva leaving the Fantasy Feast podcast and putting his new pod behind a paywall, I’m looking for a new podcast that dives into weekly rankings. Anybody listen to any good ones?
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Best podcasts

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 am

I enjoy all the stuff produced by Football Guys. The thoroughness and detailed analyses seem way better than just about everywhere else. (The only caveat is their penchant for getting overly excited about 4th stringers ... and at some point Keke Coutee will need to get a restraining order against Sigmund Blood ... it’s getting a little creepy.)
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am

The Football Guys
UTH
BDGE
SCHLEGDADDYTV youtube
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 am

The Late-Round Podcast with JJ Zachariason is a nice short one I like to listen to on my ride to work. Usually less than 20 minutes long and he puts out 2-3 of them a week.

A few other's I listen to are -Living the Stream (also with JJ but this one is usually an hour long) -RotoUnderworld Radio (Matt Kelley is a hoot to listen to but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, usually 1.5-2hr long episodes) -Breakout Finder (Nate and Ryan just started this podcast over the summer and they tend to keep it upbeat and fun to listen to, they are still kind of working out the kinks of having their own podcast but are doing well).

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 am

"Dynasty Command Center" is a podcast I found somewhat recently and I really enjoy it. Just common sense FF discussion, no click-bait hot-takes, and they are into devy so they are well versed in that area and rookies as well.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:57 am

4 for 4, the most accurate podcast might feel a need for rankings, he is pretty accurate with his projections ..

I would shift to football guys and also implement some DFS podcasts like DFS MVP or The Daily Fantasy Edge .. the value of the DFS pods is they focus on weekly match-ups pretty in depth, there is a lot of salary talk and roster building, but you can garner good info of players that are expected to blow up and injury news ..
@PlankMelody

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 am I enjoy all the stuff produced by Football Guys. The thoroughness and detailed analyses seem way better than just about everywhere else. (The only caveat is their penchant for getting overly excited about 4th stringers ... and at some point Keke Coutee will need to get a restraining order against Sigmund Blood ... it’s getting a little creepy.)
That name is even creepier. :lol: Bloom has his man crushes, for sure.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pete Carroll's Gum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pete Carroll's Gum » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 am

The Fantasy Footballers is my go to! Very well produced show and they are always top 20 among experts in rankings.
Team 1
12 Team, 2 QB, PPR
2QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 2 Flex

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Richardson, Levis, Willis, Trask
RB: Walker, Miller, Spears, Ford, Chandler
WR: Pickens, Lockett, Cooks, Rice, Wilson, Downs, Hodgins, Ross, Tolbert, Hutchinson
TE: LaPorta, Engram, Dulcich, Woods, Ferguson
Draft Picks:
2024: 1st (2x), 2nd (x3), 4th
2025: 1st (2x), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2
12 Team, Superflex, PPR
1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SF

QB: Jackson, Burrow, Jones, Huntley, Heinicke
RB: Stevenson, Montgomery, Pacheco, Mostert, Hunt, Charbonnet, Wilson, Ford, Mason
WR: Chase, Dionte, Addison, Lockett, Chark, Atwell, Marshall, Osborn
TE: Andrews, Hill, Kmet
Draft Picks:
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am
Pew Dogs wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 am I enjoy all the stuff produced by Football Guys. The thoroughness and detailed analyses seem way better than just about everywhere else. (The only caveat is their penchant for getting overly excited about 4th stringers ... and at some point Keke Coutee will need to get a restraining order against Sigmund Blood ... it’s getting a little creepy.)
Creepier than Matthew Berry's "my little Cooper Kupp?" lol. I'll second FootballGuys, as I just enjoy them discussing a ton of topics on the couch, even if sometimes it's a bit repetitive.

Speaking of, Berry is more great entertainment than actual analysis at this point, but there are definitely useful nuggets on the 06010 pod from Stefania Bell re injuries or Mike Clay dropping in with projection analysis.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:28 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am
Creepier than Matthew Berry's "my little Cooper Kupp?" lol. I'll second FootballGuys, as I just enjoy them discussing a ton of topics on the couch, even if sometimes it's a bit repetitive.

Speaking of, Berry is more great entertainment than actual analysis at this point, but there are definitely useful nuggets on the 06010 pod from Stefania Bell re injuries or Mike Clay dropping in with projection analysis.
#$&@ spell check ... 🙄
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 pm

The Dynasty Dude
The Late Round Podcast (Both of these are short no fuss podcasts, TLRP is redraft based but there is definitely info to be taken)
PFF Fantasy Podcast (aslo redraft focussed but I am a huge Jef Ratcliff Fan)
Roto Underworld (Matt Kellley, you either love him or hate him. He's got some wild opinions sometimes along with a giant ego and a sarcastic nature sometimes and is extremely metrics/numbers focused. Runs PlayerProfiler.com)
The Dynasty Bluprint...
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Because this question gets asked pretty frequently - I have made a sticky of the biggest list of podcasts - please feel free to keep adding / commenting on these podcasts - just figured having this thread as a sticky would make it easier for anyone looking for football podcasts.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Trade Addicts Podcast is one that I’ve found worth listening to.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:45 am

Greg Cosell is doing his weekly preview with "The Fantasy Free Agents with T-Bro & Dolan" Podcast ... besides hosting Cosell, their pod has quickly become one of my favorites early on this year ...
@PlankMelody