Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby usps33 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:30 pm

NFLMAX wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm I guess they deleted it because I was asking what are some of your favorite podcasts for dynasty and then I also asked if anyone ever heard of the NFLMAX... 🙄

Some of my favorites are
DLF

Rotoworld
The FF Dynasty

DTC
DHH
I listen to a lot of the ones on your list. I like the podcasts that are more on the serious side, I stopped listening to FBGs, they just seem to try and make each other laugh then providing fantasy football information. If I wanted to be amused I would watch Seinfeld. I’m OK with a little humor, but they go way too far. I deleted a couple others from your list that I used to listen to, but for one reason or another I stopped.

I was pleasantly shocked after listening to your podcast, NFLMAX. My expectations weren’t too high, thought it was just a spam, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I’ve added your podcast to my list of shows that I automatically download and look forward to the next episode.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:17 pm UTH is a fave of mine.
Anything with Ryan McDowell is solid.
Also enjoy Roto Underground...although that one’s not safe for work.
Roto Underground interesting I've never heard of that one. I know of Rotounderworld though. Agree on Mcdowell. If all the hosts represented different locations in Monopoly he would be Boardwalk lol.

Dynasty War Zone, Dynasty Happy Hour, Aussie Guys, Dynasty Trades HQ, Dynasty Dude, and The FF Dynasty are all fun listens. Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
Probably means Rotounderworld. Regardless of whether or not you like Matt Kelley, I find him the most entertaining. He brings the "professional Wrestling" tactic as he puts it, to other podcasters he doesn't like. Nick Whalen being the latest. His show is meandering but his editing and flow has become very refined from his earlier days, so a 2 hour show doesn't seem to drag. Some people find him abrasive, and I used to, but it's definitely a character of sorts, and you either like it or you don't, I think.
Yep that was my eff up. Roto Underworld is what I meant.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:29 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
I would say he's like a mean spirited Matt Kelley. DTC used to be my favorite listen but then they put Whalen on the show, and i think he's off the show now but they upload very sporadically.

Dynasty Nerds was my favorite format, they talked about all the interesting news and notes of the week. Now what they said about it is maybe a different story, but I like that they went over it all. However I think they are going with the paid stuff now so their weekly podcast will be a bunch of crap just like the other paid podcasts (UTH quality fell off a cliff. I actually tried the premium podcasts for a few months but they're kinda crap too. Or I just hate listening to Jordan Macnamara.)
any reason your not a fan of his?

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Mon May 13, 2019 7:31 am

I listen to UTH every other week, I just can't stand Katie Flowers at all

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 am

I always listen to:

Rotounderworld-the cackling and repetitive sound bites are annoying as hell. Not to mention the last few weeks has become a game of thrones podcast

UTH-the banana noises when chad talks is unsettling

Nerds-going behind the paywall, not sure if I’ll keep with them

Harris football-look forward to it more during the season
Dynasty blueprint
Dynasty happy hour
DTC

I have some others that I’ll download depending on the weekly show description or special guests. Pretty much just try and listen to anything that comes up, I like to get all the different perspectives on fantasy evaluations and mix and match.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 am

Roto Underground interesting I've never heard of that one. I know of Rotounderworld though. Agree on Mcdowell. If all the hosts represented different locations in Monopoly he would be Boardwalk lol.

Dynasty War Zone, Dynasty Happy Hour, Aussie Guys, Dynasty Trades HQ, Dynasty Dude, and The FF Dynasty are all fun listens. Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
Agree 100%. He loves bragging about being early to tout Corey Davis, Sutton, and Greg Dortch as devy darlings. But none of them have done anything yet at the pro level. His Devy Report is a waste of money. 2 years ago he left Bryan Edwards off it, and when questioned said it wasn't an oversight but rather he wasn't a fan. Fast forward 2 years and now he has Edwards in his top 10. So either he gravitates towards groupthink, or his "tape grinding" is pathetic. Compounded by having a phony holier-than-thou personality. Loved seeing Russell Clay call him out on Twitter several months ago for it.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am

ebsteelers wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 am
Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
I would say he's like a mean spirited Matt Kelley. DTC used to be my favorite listen but then they put Whalen on the show, and i think he's off the show now but they upload very sporadically.

Dynasty Nerds was my favorite format, they talked about all the interesting news and notes of the week. Now what they said about it is maybe a different story, but I like that they went over it all. However I think they are going with the paid stuff now so their weekly podcast will be a bunch of crap just like the other paid podcasts (UTH quality fell off a cliff. I actually tried the premium podcasts for a few months but they're kinda crap too. Or I just hate listening to Jordan Macnamara.)
I think he's just like all the other pod-casters out there which is fine, but I also hate how he talks, as in, how he sounds and his speech mannerisms really irritates me for some reason. Even leaving out my own personal quirks I didn't think paying the money was worth it at all.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 am

Go Bucks wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 am

Agree 100%. He loves bragging about being early to tout Corey Davis, Sutton, and Greg Dortch as devy darlings. But none of them have done anything yet at the pro level. His Devy Report is a waste of money. 2 years ago he left Bryan Edwards off it, and when questioned said it wasn't an oversight but rather he wasn't a fan. Fast forward 2 years and now he has Edwards in his top 10. So either he gravitates towards groupthink, or his "tape grinding" is pathetic. Compounded by having a phony holier-than-thou personality. Loved seeing Russell Clay call him out on Twitter several months ago for it.
Dont forget how he was slamming anyone who didny have Ronald Jones as their 1.02 in that rookie class...

DTC is a mixed bag for me. I like some of their family of podcasts and not others. Im not a fan of the Dynasty Dads or Dynasty Diagnostic that much. For the Dads their arguing goes from entertaining to annoying sometimes because it will have this awkward silence when it feels like its getting serious. For the Diagnostic I am not a big fan of Stompy. Anyone who bats for Hill after all thats come out is a moron. I even have him muted on Twitter. I dont want to read a word from him at this point.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am
ebsteelers wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 am

I think he's just like all the other pod-casters out there which is fine, but I also hate how he talks, as in, how he sounds and his speech mannerisms really irritates me for some reason. Even leaving out my own personal quirks I didn't think paying the money was worth it at all.
understood.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 13, 2019 11:35 am

When Doug Veetch left UTH, they lost their dynamic. He and Chad were equals, and had very different personalities, which worked. Now it's Katie and Tim treating Chad like he's some kind of tribal elder, and it's just a bit weird. Can't stand their voices, either, which doesn't help.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Some others I listen to that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet (but could very well have missed them):

The Dynasty Dude - Short podcast with no filler, but recently has put some stuff behind a paywall. Still decent, but I hate hearing "Patreon" in every episode now (goes for a lot of shows...).

Read & React - Awesome podcast if you play IDP. Or if you just want to hear Tom Kislingbury talk.

Zooperflex - New podcast (there's only been a few episodes released so far), but the animal comparisons and zoo stories are fun, and they're promoting a charitable/save-the-planet viewpoint.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 pm

really good thread.

Superflexology is another one I heard recently that I enjoyed

and not dynasty but football guys does a pretty good job I think
Last edited by ebsteelers on Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 pm

RotoUnderworld is both entertaining and helpful to listen to! I'm a big metrics guy so I gravitate towards podcasts that talk about the numbers a lot.
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 13, 2019 4:22 pm

I forgot about Harris Football. I think he's probably the best "tape guy" in the business.

Disagree with yall I really like Whalen and the banter he had on DTC even if I disagree with his takes.

I used to like Kelley when he would appear on other pods but now he's just too much. He always appears in my twitter feed patting himself on the back about something and all I can think about is him cackling about how good Nathan Peterman is last summer.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon May 13, 2019 4:35 pm

We have a page for this, btw. It needs some updating, I just haven't had time lately. But suggested additions or changes would be welcomed.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/best- ... -podcasts/