Is there a public dlf league to follow?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Is there a public dlf league to follow?

Postby DJB » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:35 pm

If you guys still need a GM I might be interested. Please let me know.
:D
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Looks like the DLF team is on winter vacation or something.

If I'm eligible (and I do be premium member), is there a way to prove I'm a Premium member and suscribe anyway ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:17 pm

ajmyk wrote:Looks like the DLF team is on winter vacation or something.

If I'm eligible (and I do be premium member), is there a way to prove I'm a Premium member and suscribe anyway ?
I've had similar problems. I did get an initial response from the DLF team, but still don't "look" premium, and I can't access the war room forum. I can read premium articles just fine, at least! I'm hoping I didn't miss out on a spot in what sounds like a possibly great league, but if I did I'll still enjoy watching it happen from the sidelines.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:10 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:I also like the idea of doing small points for returns (1 every 25 or 50) in deep leagues since it can give rookies a little bit of a boost while they are still climbing the depth chart. Also, I would really like to do -.5 points per sack for QB's if you guys are interested. It's a loss of yards and should be negative points. I know a lot of people say it's more of a result of a bad line but you can say that about RB's who get blown up behind the LOS too. Just my idea, take it with a grain.

Also, has anybody considered team wins for QB's? I was trying to come up with a QB structure that would pay off for playing well vs playing like crap and throwing up an extra 10-20 garbage time points..
We were talking about team win points for QBs in one of my leagues. I like it, since being a good game manager is a main functon of a good QB.

That said, I also like all the arguments to keep this league as close to standard scoring as possible, in order to be useful for the rest of the community, so I don't think we should do it here.

Likewise, .5 PPR, small or no points for returns, and nothing creative like first down points and such. Also in favor of no kickers, and could take or leave team defense.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:02 am

To echo some earlier comments,

The buy in should be low. This is for bragging rights, not $$$. Also, given that the participants are experienced dedicated DLFers, I would hope that inactivity and attrition are low to nonexistent. Leaguesafe also charges a small commission, so we may want to avoid them. Have an early fee payment deadline and make sure the guy collecting has already paid the MFL fee.

Playoffs should be late and limited to few teams. If it's two 12 team leagues, each could have two conferences (play your entire conference twice and 4 of the 6 non-conference teams once) with the conference champs facing off in week 15 and the overall championship in week 16. This ain't Pop Warner, the NBA or bingo night, only the best of the best should have a shot at the title.

Lastly, I would vote in favor of Victory Points, no Kickers and draft picks included in the startup draft.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:50 am

As for draft date, I'd vote early March.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 am

Jules wrote:As for draft date, I'd vote early March.
Shouldn't we do it after the NFL draft since all those rookie RB's are going to change a lot of the team situations?
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:50 am

I'd be in for something like this if space is still available. Not a hall of famer but on my way. I am premium, but my premium name is different than my forum name for whatever reason.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:Shouldn't we do it after the NFL draft since all those rookie RB's are going to change a lot of the team situations?
I believe that's exactly the point. in theory, drafting before the NFL draft places a higher premium on the fantasy football players' talent evaluation as you are forced to make decisions without the benefit of NFL teams having showed their hands yet.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:35 am

Goirish374 wrote:
Jimmy Jones wrote:Shouldn't we do it after the NFL draft since all those rookie RB's are going to change a lot of the team situations?
I believe that's exactly the point. in theory, drafting before the NFL draft places a higher premium on the fantasy football players' talent evaluation as you are forced to make decisions without the benefit of NFL teams having showed their hands yet.
That's a good theory, I was never a fan of it. Like it or not, situation DOES make a difference, especially with RB. Having the rookie draft before the NFL draft makes it a bit more of a crapshoot, since a talented player could end up getting buried in a bad situation. It just introduces more luck into the draft.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:48 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:
Jules wrote:As for draft date, I'd vote early March.
Shouldn't we do it after the NFL draft since all those rookie RB's are going to change a lot of the team situations?
I think we should be drafting rookie picks, not rookies themselves. The purported point of this league is to be public and informative. For that reason, I think there should be a separate rookie draft. The fairest way to assign picks in the rookie draft is by including them in the startup.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:49 am

Agreed. I think that item should be closed off with that established.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:51 am

Goirish374 wrote:
I was referring to drafting vets in March. I don't think anyone is planning on drafting rookies before the draft unless it's a devy league.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 am

Goirish374 wrote:
I see it working the same way the combine works for nfl teams. Many "sure fire" guys have bad combine or pro days and drop in value prior to the draft, and many surprise guys rise and get drafted early on draft day. I like the risk involved.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:09 am

Jimmy Jones wrote: I was referring to drafting vets in March. I don't think anyone is planning on drafting rookies before the draft unless it's a devy league.
Ah, I see. In that case, I agree that there's some extra guessing/luck built into the works if we draft earlier, but I think the tradeoff of having the draft early enough to make it useful to the boards is more important.