Who is your off season #1 Buy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Who is your off season #1 Buy?

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:03 am

I would like this list to be shorter but more detailed. I don't want guys you want to buy for 2nd or 3rd picks. I want guys you are willing to overpay for now. Thinking that they will be untouchable in the future. Nuk comes to mind as a candidate. If he finishes so so he is gettable still but not for cheap.

My #1 buy is Russell Wilson. I feel like he is about to take an even bigger step in the right direction. Lynch is probably gone and they will sign or draft another WR and he will start to pass it more. He is already a beast in the run game and very efficient passing the ball.

I am going to try and shop Stafford plus something because I think he makes that step to untouchable next year.

Please share 1 or 2 players and explain why you like them and what you think it would take to get them.

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Who is your off season #1 Buy?

Postby Rye300 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:12 am

Donte Moncrief. I like his skill set and I believe Luck will be come the fantasy QB Manning is. Where best WR in their offense get major points. I think Wayne is done and Nicks is a shell. Leaving Moncrief and Hilton.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:15 am

Rye300 wrote:Donte Moncrief. I like his skill set and I believe Luck will be come the fantasy QB Manning is. Where best WR in their offense get major points. I think Wayne is done and Nicks is a shell. Leaving Moncrief and Hilton.
What type of package are you willing to send for him? People have been saying they won't move him for anything less than a top3 pick. I think this is insane and as a Moncrief owner I love his possible upside but some people are a little too Patterson for him.

What are you hoping to go after him with?

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:31 am

jordan mathews is a guy that i will be targeting. perhaps maclin leaves, leaving mathews as the guy to own there. if you wait to see if maclin leaves, its going to be too late. i would trade sammy/benjamin/cooks straight up for him today if i owned them. i would trade several vet wr's for him if im not a major contender. we are talking cobb, jordy, allen, floyd...pretty much the low1's through the high 2's. i also like adams, and the same applies here..perhaps cobb leaves, but if you wait to find out, its going to be too late.

tmacdaman1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tmacdaman1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:32 am

Mike Evans comes to mind. Obviously far from a buy low, but if he even slightly improves and the Bucs bring in Mariota who is at least serviceable in year 1, there's a chance you won't be able to acquire him again even if you are willing to overpay.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:35 am

QB:
- Dalton
- Bortles
- Bridgewater

RB:
- Bernard
- Spiller

WR:
- Moncrief
- D. Adams
- Sammy
- CPatt

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:48 am

QB:
Ryan (with decent O-line and Julio healthy he is top 6)
Brees (people are scared of his age. Still a top 5 QB next 2-3 years)

RB:
Ridley and Vereen (hopefully no longer under the hoodies control)
Only reason I like these two above is because they are dirt cheap right now. I'm not looking to acquire any RBs that cost a decent amount regardless if you think they will get a bump in value or not. Look what happened last year to Stacy and Gio after the draft.....This year's RB Class is about to sink a lot of current RBs value regardless if it is warranted or not.

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: ASJ
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

I already shot my wad this year overpaying for Julio, so I don't think I'm going to be making any large acquisitions this offseason. All of the guys I'd want to swing for the fences for, won't be moved. My league values productive rookies extremely highly because of our salary cap structure. It would probably cost less for me to get Dez than to get Evans or OBJ, and I'm not even kidding.

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rye300 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am

balaberda wrote:
Rye300 wrote:Donte Moncrief. I like his skill set and I believe Luck will be come the fantasy QB Manning is. Where best WR in their offense get major points. I think Wayne is done and Nicks is a shell. Leaving Moncrief and Hilton.
What type of package are you willing to send for him? People have been saying they won't move him for anything less than a top3 pick. I think this is insane and as a Moncrief owner I love his possible upside but some people are a little too Patterson for him.

I'm hoping to overwhelm with a package of picks. I'd like to get him for a late first and a 2nd. The guy has no picks and no RBs so I got some room to play.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

Poindexter
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Poindexter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Rye300 wrote:
balaberda wrote:

I'm hoping to overwhelm with a package of picks. I'd like to get him for a late first and a 2nd. The guy has no picks and no RBs so I got some room to play.
Would it be too much/too little to offer the 1.01 for Moncrief and 1.08 to a RB needy team? :think:

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 pm

I like Moncrief... but this love is getting insane. No way I am giving away more than a late first for a totally unproven asset.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Poindexter wrote:Would it be too much/too little to offer the 1.01 for Moncrief and 1.08 to a RB needy team? :think:
I think you'd be nuts to give up 1.01 for that... personally.

Poindexter
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Poindexter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
Poindexter wrote:Would it be too much/too little to offer the 1.01 for Moncrief and 1.08 to a RB needy team? :think:
Thanks. You're probably right.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:15 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
I agree, come draft time you should be able to get way more for the #1
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:32 pm

justinkilmer wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:
I agree, come draft time you should be able to get way more for the #1
Also agree that 1.01 is going to be worth a ton when you're on the clock. If I was selling it would be no sooner then when I was standing there about to pick Gurley.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."