Starter

Jimmy graham dissapears

Postby buck6380 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Whats going on today?

Get injured?
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

railers3
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Jimmy graham dissapears

Postby railers3 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Not even on the field for the Colston TD... anybody have any insight?
14-team, 0.5 ppr, superflex, 40-man rosters, 1 pt per 20 kr/pr yards

QB-Mahomes, Dak, Cam, Tannehill, Mullens
RB- Zeke, Guice, J. White Duke, Lesean, L. Miller
WR- MT,D. Adams, Godwin, DJ Moore, C. Davis, Kumerow, Isabella
TE- Andrews, Herndon, Knox, Warring
DL- JJ Watt LB- D. Jones DB- Derwin James, D. King

steeltown75
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby steeltown75 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 pm

He's injured. They've been saying for weeks that he's hurting. He's obviously hurting more than most of us realize.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:35 pm

He's always banged up, just part of owning him.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 pm

But Jimmy>>>>>>>>>>>Gronk

How can this be????????
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

steeltown75
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby steeltown75 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:08 pm

badnewsbarrett wrote:But Jimmy>>>>>>>>>>>Gronk

How can this be????????
I'm not going to lie, I bumped Gronk down to #3, but watching him play fully healthy, that guy is just a monster. When fully healthy, I think Gronk is better than Graham. The issue of course is health, but Graham seems to get banged up a lot too the last 2 years. If NO gets a big lead in any of their games, there's a very good chance they're going to sit him down more than they'll play him to get him healthy in case they make the playoffs. That could hurt some people over the next few weeks

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:35 pm

There's no indication that he was injured. The Saints have been pretty terrible in their Jimmy usage this year. Every time I watch I'm left scratching my head wondering why they have him on the sidelines.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:54 pm

He was being doubled and even sometimes tripled just about everytime he was on the field.

Decoy. There's a reason the average receiving corps ate the Steelers secondary alive. The gameplan was to stop Graham. Which they did.

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:09 pm

PhadedCN wrote:He was being doubled and even sometimes tripled just about everytime he was on the field.

Decoy. There's a reason the average receiving corps ate the Steelers secondary alive. The gameplan was to stop Graham. Which they did.
^^This. Was about to post similar response. Graham was doubled, tripled and bracket covered all game. If guys like Toon and Stills keep performing the way they did today things will loosen up for Graham. The Steelers had a game plan to stop Graham at all cost.... even if it cost them a win. This is the part of fantasy you can't control. If a team decides they're going to stop one player at all costs no matter what it can be done.
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

steeltown75
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby steeltown75 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:25 pm

dynastyninja wrote:There's no indication that he was injured. The Saints have been pretty terrible in their Jimmy usage this year. Every time I watch I'm left scratching my head wondering why they have him on the sidelines.
A couple days ago the guys on SiriusXM NFL channel were saying how Graham is hurt. They mentioned his shoulder is really bothering him. Now that's not to say those guys are always correct, but they do have a lot of inside information that isn't shared with the media.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:53 am

steeltown75 wrote:
badnewsbarrett wrote:But Jimmy>>>>>>>>>>>Gronk

How can this be????????
I'm not going to lie, I bumped Gronk down to #3, but watching him play fully healthy, that guy is just a monster. When fully healthy, I think Gronk is better than Graham. The issue of course is health, but Graham seems to get banged up a lot too the last 2 years. If NO gets a big lead in any of their games, there's a very good chance they're going to sit him down more than they'll play him to get him healthy in case they make the playoffs. That could hurt some people over the next few weeks
Watching Gronk play give me a heart attack. He keeps moving the football forward from odd angles taking big hits. I know he is not made of glass but he takes some big awkward hits. I cannot see how he is going to have a long career or how he is going to walk up stairs when he is in his 40's.

As for Graham, I think the Saints are done. The franchise is trending down IMHO. Brees wil be able to string together some good games but I am not looking to invest in those players long term.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:07 am

I really used to think Sean Payton was a good coach but I have my doubts anymore. He does a lot of stupid things.

I'm also wondering if Brees has been healthy. He's looked better lately but he hasn't looked like the same player to me.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:He was being doubled and even sometimes tripled just about everytime he was on the field.

^^This. Was about to post similar response. Graham was doubled, tripled and bracket covered all game. If guys like Toon and Stills keep performing the way they did today things will loosen up for Graham. The Steelers had a game plan to stop Graham at all cost.... even if it cost them a win. This is the part of fantasy you can't control. If a team decides they're going to stop one player at all costs no matter what it can be done.
The Packers didn't do the same for Gronk?
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 am

voiceofunreason wrote:I'm also wondering if Brees has been healthy. He's looked better lately but he hasn't looked like the same player to me.
I remember in the off-season he injured his... oblique? I wanna say that is what the injury is.

I feel like it is still lingering. I said it at the beginning of the season and I continue to say it now, I think it's still lingering.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks Jimmy and OBJ.

Last week you scored 42 for me to lose by 1 point. This week I needed you to score to beat the guy I was chasing. And you both don't come close.

I was eliminated because of this crap shoot.

He scores a garbage TD and then chokes the next week so I can't catch the guy ahead of me.

Team 1 in sig just finished 3rd last.