Todd Gurley Injured. Possible ACL.

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Did not look good.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Re: Todd Gurley Injured. Possible ACL.

Postby vflgladiators » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Gurley could have a tear in his ACL and be drafted to a team to split carries and Gordon, after his 408 yd performance, could get drafted by a team to be the starter and everyone will still be like, "You HAVE to take Gurley no matter what!"
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:29 am

Well, I have the 1.01 next year, and was thinking Gurley. After tonight's display by Gordon, even if Gurley was healthy, I would strongly consider Melvin. He does nothing but produce, and may have a better build to stay healthy, long term compared to Todd. Both great backs. Gurley is 15 months younger, but if it's an ACL tear, I think Gordon leapfrogs him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 am

FantasyFreak wrote:Well, I have the 1.01 next year, and was thinking Gurley. After tonight's display by Gordon, even if Gurley was healthy, I would strongly consider Melvin. He does nothing but produce, and may have a better build to stay healthy, long term compared to Todd. Both great backs. Gurley is 15 months younger, but if it's an ACL tear, I think Gordon leapfrogs him.
Modern medecine has come a long way. Ever since Peterson and Charles came back rejuvenated from their ACL tears, I think we can say that other than the missed time, ACL tears are usually just a bump in the road. The one thing that I would question though is whether college players are able to get the same quality doctors and surgeons that NFL players get.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:58 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:Well, I have the 1.01 next year, and was thinking Gurley. After tonight's display by Gordon, even if Gurley was healthy, I would strongly consider Melvin. He does nothing but produce, and may have a better build to stay healthy, long term compared to Todd. Both great backs. Gurley is 15 months younger, but if it's an ACL tear, I think Gordon leapfrogs him.
Modern medecine has come a long way. Ever since Peterson and Charles came back rejuvenated from their ACL tears, I think we can say that other than the missed time, ACL tears are usually just a bump in the road. The one thing that I would question though is whether college players are able to get the same quality doctors and surgeons that NFL players get.
I'm sure guys like Gurley have little problem getting quality medical attention. I suspect schools like
Georgia have insurance comparable to the NFL.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:13 am

I would still take him 1.01. A torn acl isn't that big of a deal anymore. If it's a Lattimore type injury, then I'd think differently

FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyBandit » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:26 am

Melvin Gordon is better then Gurley regardless so this possible injury doesn't change much for me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm

FantasyBandit wrote:Melvin Gordon is better then Gurley regardless so this possible injury doesn't change much for me.
Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:I would still take him 1.01. A torn acl isn't that big of a deal anymore. If it's a Lattimore type injury, then I'd think differently
I have the 1.01, and after doing some research, and even before the games on the weekend, I was starting to change my tune from Gurley to Gordon. Gurley's injury history, even before the ACL tear is significant enough to cast doubts on his overall durability. Last year he had ankle/hip problems that forced him to miss 3 games, and in pre-season this season he was dealing with a knee issue. Even when he came back Saturday night, he had an elbow brace on, because he was dealing with an elbow problem, even though he hasn't played in a month. Now he has torn his ACL. He is a big bodied back with speed and power, but his running style and the fact he runs a bit high, give me concerns about his durability at the next level. He has never made it through a full college season, and the injury history he has piled up, combined with Gordon's amazing performances all year have made the decision easy for me. Tack on the fact that Gordon doesn't have any of the character concerns that Gurley has, and provided Melvin stays healthy, he is the pick for me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick