Duron Carter

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cutlip9
Rookie
Rookie

Duron Carter

Postby Cutlip9 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Is it too early to talk about this guy?? 6 5, 220. Playing in CFL and ripping it up. only 23. any thoughts??
anyone buying next year. was highly recruited and I've been keeping an eye on him. don't know if hell find
nil success though.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... -alouettes
10 team non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DL, LB, DB
22 man roster, 1 IR spot
The Lip's Edge:
QB's-Brees, Winston
RB's-Peterson, Ingram, Gore, Michael, Miller, Crowell, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Rawls
WR's-Julio, OBJ, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Brandon Coleman, Green-Beckham
TE's-Kelce
K-Catanzaro
DL-M. Wilkerson
LB-Bowman
DB-Berry

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Duron Carter

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Didn't he already have a shot in the NFL with the Vikings & Rams before the Canadian league? If this is the same guy I'm thinking of, not worth the effort...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:11 pm

He's not eligible for the NFL right now, but if he's putting it all together he might be an interesting add in the offseason.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't watch much CFL even being a Canadian, but he does just off the board a bit when watching him like Wake did a few years ago. If he lands in the right spot, he could be someone that might produce right away. I expect him to quickly sign an NFL contract.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

gi15
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gi15 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:56 pm

He's he a considered a free agent in your dynasties? Or will he only be allowed to be taken in a rookie draft? How would you guys legislate that?
12 Teams Superflex PPR - TE Premium
Québec City Hip Birds 2016-2017 CHAMPION
QB(1-2) - A.Luck - C.Newton - T.Brady - T.Bridgewater - J.Brissett
RB(2-3) - E.Elliot - S.Barkley - M.Gordon - A.Jones
WR(2-4) - M.Evans - O.Beckham- C.Davis - John Brown - C.Kupp - C.Godwin - K.Coutee - T.Smith
TE(1-3) - T.Kelce - C.Herndon- R.Seals-Jones

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:58 pm

DJB wrote:I don't watch much CFL even being a Canadian, but he does just off the board a bit when watching him like Wake did a few years ago. If he lands in the right spot, he could be someone that might produce right away. I expect him to quickly sign an NFL contract.
Won't be able to sign with anyone until teams start signing players to futures contracts after the season ends.

rewolf399
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rewolf399 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:13 am

gi15 wrote:He's he a considered a free agent in your dynasties? Or will he only be allowed to be taken in a rookie draft? How would you guys legislate that?
He is not listed as a FA on MFL but recently our commissioner picked up "Delone Carter" and said it was a placeholder for Duron Carter which I call BS, if he isn't on the FA list for all of us to pick, how are we supposed to know that we can make a placeholder? Since he is the commissioner, if this were going to be allowed, it should have been in the by laws or stated as such so that we all had a shot at him.

IMO he should be treated like a devy pick or wait until he signs with an nfl team and then is on the waiver list.

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:49 am

rewolf399 wrote:
gi15 wrote:He's he a considered a free agent in your dynasties? Or will he only be allowed to be taken in a rookie draft? How would you guys legislate that?
He is not listed as a FA on MFL but recently our commissioner picked up "Delone Carter" and said it was a placeholder for Duron Carter which I call BS, if he isn't on the FA list for all of us to pick, how are we supposed to know that we can make a placeholder? Since he is the commissioner, if this were going to be allowed, it should have been in the by laws or stated as such so that we all had a shot at him.

IMO he should be treated like a devy pick or wait until he signs with an nfl team and then is on the waiver list.
Yeah, that just sounds like he is making up rules as he goes. No way should that be allowed, unless he gave everyone a shot at that opportunity.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

rewolf399
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rewolf399 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 am

nabright wrote:
rewolf399 wrote:

Yeah, that just sounds like he is making up rules as he goes. No way should that be allowed, unless he gave everyone a shot at that opportunity.
It's a mid season startup league (so not like any of us have history with one another or the commish for that matter) and no, he didn't say that this was something that could be done before he did it. It is also a money league (though not a ton of money), but still, it's the principle of it. I'm asking him to put it up to a vote.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:44 am

yeah, the vote is a good idea, and when money is involved I would not just drop it either... its underhanded, everyone should be afforded the same opportunity to pick up the guy, way I see it, he has Delone Carter and I would add the real one as soon as he is added .. haha, no such thing as placeholders...
@PlankMelody

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDog » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm

We have a rule in our league that you may pick up a player not listed in the MFL database. We start a topic in the message board that you must state who you want to pick up and you must also drop a player at that time. Once that player is listed in the database the commish can add them to the owners team. It only happens about 2-3 times during the preseason.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:35 pm

DynastyDog31 wrote:We have a rule in our league that you may pick up a player not listed in the MFL database. We start a topic in the message board that you must state who you want to pick up and you must also drop a player at that time. Once that player is listed in the database the commish can add them to the owners team. It only happens about 2-3 times during the preseason.
Yes, that way there's a timestamp involved so to speak. Makes sense.
@PlankMelody

rewolf399
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rewolf399 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:40 pm

DynastyDog31 wrote:We have a rule in our league that you may pick up a player not listed in the MFL database. We start a topic in the message board that you must state who you want to pick up and you must also drop a player at that time. Once that player is listed in the database the commish can add them to the owners team. It only happens about 2-3 times during the preseason.
That's cool if it is a written or stated rule and all people in the league understand it. It was never stated nor even talked about, just out of the blue. He also was adamant that the bylaws state "no votes mid season" so at first he was going to hang his hat on keeping him and that since we can't vote on it, we would be schooled on how he runs his league. But after enough griping, he just dropped the player. It isn't the player, it's the BS way it went down. Not a great way to start off a dynasty season as a commish.

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Just noticed on CBS Sports that he can work out and negotiate with NFL teams starting Dec 1st, but can't sign a contract until Feb.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 am

Just a thought on this...what qualifications must that player meet in order to be picked up? Does he have to be in the NFL? Formerly in the NFL? I'm curious because what's to stop someone from picking up a college player? I mean it must be spelled out in the bylaws, I'm just curious as to how it all reads.