Anyone Selling Sims?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Anyone Selling Sims?

Postby philosophy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

I just think his value can rise especially in PPR leagues. Plus consider this is his first year and TB should have a better OL next year through the draft and FAcy.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:16 pm

I plucked Sims off waivers three weeks ago after hearing he would be coming off IR soon. All of the ingredients for a breakout player are there:

Guys in front of him underperforming
Regime not really tied to the guys in front of him
Coaches really excited to see him play
Team not playing for anything but pride so he can get valuable reps
Drafted by current regime
Hands an asset
Fresh legs

If you are looking to sell, by al means do so. Personally, I am holding. Like many others here, I didn't know much about his talent. The Forte comparisons have me intrigued. If Lovie can figure out what to do with Forte, I am sure he can use Sims. As for finding room to run, Rainey looked solid yesterday. Well, if you don't consider the fact that he was only able to secure one of his three targets in the pass game. Open door? Hopefully. Couldn't ask for much more out of a lottey ticket. You make much more selling the flowers than you do the seeds. I plan to let this kid grow so I can see what I have. Didn't need anything to get him. Only patience.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:22 pm

He's not really anything like Forte though - only lazy analysts were saying that. The more studious scouts out there saw a RB w/ limited vision who can't work within the tight confines of the NFL. He goes down too easily at 1st contact and he's already 24 years old.

A lot of that crap mentioned above doesn't actually examine his talent, which is mediocre, at best.

You should definitely hold to see what you can get - but I'd sell easily if I got a high-ish 2nd or anything remotely of value.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:23 pm

georg013 wrote:I plucked Sims off waivers three weeks ago after hearing he would be coming off IR soon. All of the ingredients for a breakout player are there:

Except talent and vision.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Ya i like sitting on assets too but with eifert coming back I feel like it's good value. The longer I wait eifert has just as much opportunity to have a nice game and have his value spike.

I got him as a throw in so flipping him for a need was worth it in my mind.