Adrian Peterson court case update

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Derekrussell99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Adrian Peterson court case update

Postby Derekrussell99 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 am

It appears All Day may plea down to a misdemeanor, what are the thoughts if this happens? Does he have any chance of seeing the field with the Vikings approaching 500?

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Adrian Peterson court case update

Postby NanceUSMC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:09 am

I think AP is a PR nightmare right now... It's anyone's guess at this point what the team will do with him... I know for my $$, I'm not buying...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 am

Price Check: 16 team league, 1/3 PPR.

Another owner is interested in my Shane Vereen or Denard Robinson. If he bites, would it be worth it to swap one of them (or both) for Peterson?

I don't know that he'll be activated any more this season, so I'm thinking long-term. Does he have a better 2015 in him than either of these other guys have long term value?

-oo-

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:43 pm

He plead to reckless assault misdemeanor. No mention of child abuse or any wording of domestic abuse on the plea deal. So the outlook on him returning is good. I dont think hes a pr nightmare at all america is split half and half i think on the merit of spanking or tough love.
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:30 pm

kiddragonsoft wrote:He plead to reckless assault misdemeanor. No mention of child abuse or any wording of domestic abuse on the plea deal. So the outlook on him returning is good. I dont think hes a pr nightmare at all america is split half and half i think on the merit of spanking or tough love.
Says the AP owner......
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Don't own AP, but I don't see the sort of backlash here that we saw with Rice or Vick. They may be pushing it to bring him back this year, but give the guy some councilling and a year off and he'll be fine.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:08 pm

Breezy12 wrote: Says the AP owner......
Even if I didn't own AP, I'd have the same opinion of him. And in the league I owned him I acquire him for cheap. I think it was DMC and Fitz.
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 pm

He doesn't step foot on an NFL field for the rest of the season in my opinion. I think he's more of a PR nightmare for the Vikings than he is for the NFL. Advertisers/Endorsers were pulling their money from the Vikings due to this situation. This is a business, and the Vikings aren't going to risk losing that corporate money so AP can step back on the field in a Vikings uniform. Especially when their team isn't going anywhere this season.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:55 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:He doesn't step foot on an NFL field for the rest of the season in my opinion. I think he's more of a PR nightmare for the Vikings than he is for the NFL. Advertisers/Endorsers were pulling their money from the Vikings due to this situation. This is a business, and the Vikings aren't going to risk losing that corporate money so AP can step back on the field in a Vikings uniform. Especially when their team isn't going anywhere this season.

They said that about Vick too, and he was the Eagles "savior" for a bit. I'm sure advertisers told every team with a domestic issue they're gonna pull money (half the league) but the NFL is a cash cow for them. You really mean to tell me Budweiser wouldnt have a Superbowl ad because of AP? If Budweiser wont, they know another endorser will and swoop in. I say AP plays now, and his pricetag is about to go up. If he rushes for a 200 yd game and 2 tds after he apologizes publicly, you know everyone will forgive and forget in NFL/advertiser land.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:00 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:He doesn't step foot on an NFL field for the rest of the season in my opinion. I think he's more of a PR nightmare for the Vikings than he is for the NFL. Advertisers/Endorsers were pulling their money from the Vikings due to this situation. This is a business, and the Vikings aren't going to risk losing that corporate money so AP can step back on the field in a Vikings uniform. Especially when their team isn't going anywhere this season.

They said that about Vick too, and he was the Eagles "savior" for a bit. I'm sure advertisers told every team with a domestic issue they're gonna pull money (half the league) but the NFL is a cash cow for them. You really mean to tell me Budweiser wouldnt have a Superbowl ad because of AP? If Budweiser wont, they know another endorser will and swoop in. I say AP plays now, and his pricetag is about to go up. If he rushes for a 200 yd game and 2 tds after he apologizes publicly, you know everyone will forgive and forget in NFL/advertiser land.
I'm not sure how the Vick comparison is even relevant. Did Vick go back and put a Falcons uniform on during the SAME season? No he didn't. It took time for the situation to calm down, and it took Vick going to a new city and playing for a new team. I never said AP wouldn't ever play again, I said I don't think he suits up THIS season and plays for the Vikings again. Your comparison is apples to oranges here.

As far as the money issue goes, this is more about Vikings franchise endorsements than it is the NFL brand. Sponsorships were pulled from the Vikings as soon as they said they were going to allow AP to play after only missing one game. That's a HUGE reason why the wheels were put into motion on him going to the commissioner's exempt list to begin with.

And to the point of his price going up if he gets back on the field. Yeah it will, but only moderately. AP owners/fans don't like to hear it, but his trade value had already been trending down in dynasty for 2 years. I would only have given a mid 1st for him before this incident. If he plays week 11, then I'd probably give that same 1st for him now, but by no means does he become a top 20 dynasty player again to me. Yeah, I know, the greatest RB of this generation. He's also a RB going on 30 with a ton of wear on his tires. He may be a RB1 for 3 more years, but I'm not taking the risk at a high price. I took a stab on him for a 2nd about a month ago and I feel safe investing at that price. Not much more than that though.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

King Arthur
Rookie
Rookie

Postby King Arthur » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:44 am

I can guarantee that the Vikings have vetted bringing AP back in the fold with their major stakeholders, ie the advertisers. No idea what the answer is... But my gut feeling is that AP doesn't see the field until 2015.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:03 am

The Vikings have a bye this week. Next week is already week 11. If I had to make a bet I would say he doesn't play till next year. Is the blow back worth 7 games max? More than likely if the Vikes do allow him back it will be another few weeks so how many would he play... 2-3 games? Sitting him out an entire year seems like a much bigger punishment than less than a full season. The offseason is long. People will forgive and forgot. But bringing him back this year is risky.

I used to be a waiter and I compare this to getting a $10 tip compared to a $8 tip. It's only $2. But it feels like so much more when you hit double digits (aka a full season compared to bringing him back this year)
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 am

What does this do for McKinnon's value? I was looking to potentially keep him through next year, but now I'm worried

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:20 pm

jubben wrote:What does this do for McKinnon's value? I was looking to potentially keep him through next year, but now I'm worried
McKinnon future outlook doesn't change because Peterson will be 30 years old and he was already rumored to be on his was out of Minneapolis even before hitting his child with a stick.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Hasn't effected McKinnon's value at all so far, I've traded him away in a couple leagues with no problems (only reason I traded him away was to get a better RB for this year in leagues I'm making a run at it). So he still has good value. At least so far I don't think anyone believes AP will get out of at least a 6 game suspension plus the fact he's 30 next year and probably no longer a Viking anyway. In the end it's all a crapshoot anyway.