Latavius Murray Thread - Lands with Baltimore

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Re: whatever happened to Latavius Murray on Oakland?

Postby snitchinsider » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

If Murray doesn't get a look down the stretch, he needs to be traded by pretty much everyone before the draft next year. Hopefully someone will bite with news that McFadden and MJD or something won't be returning. Chances seem very good if they don't try to get a look at Murray down the stretch they have their hearts set on drafting someone to play in front of him.

Hopefully we all get a look at him though before then on the field.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm

By the time Murray gets a look, Gurley will be shaking the commissioner's hand.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:32 pm

They're prioritizing the acclimation of Carr. Putting in Murray to block for him is a good way to get Carr pounded and stunt his growth, so I actually agree with this move.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Coming from a Raiders fan..

Why should anything have happened? He has always been a nobody - and it was only fantasy hopefuls trying to grab him as a sleeper. He was a 6th round pick, incredibly athletic but not very good.

All Murray ever had going for him was having two "injury prone" backs in front of him - he is nothing special.

Raiders will have their new RB next year.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 am

ericanadian wrote:They're prioritizing the acclimation of Carr. Putting in Murray to block for him is a good way to get Carr pounded and stunt his growth, so I actually agree with this move.
Agree with this to an extent, but at the rate both DMC and MJD are running the ball, you would think the Raiders brass would at the VERY LEAST bring Murray in on obvious running downs, or draw him up some running plays to get him a taste of the field and see what he can do. Just because his blocking is still developing, doesn't mean he can't see some work as a runner.

It does mean he might just be terrible though, lol. Hoping that is not the case.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:18 pm

PhadedCN wrote:Coming from a Raiders fan..

Why should anything have happened? He has always been a nobody - and it was only fantasy hopefuls trying to grab him as a sleeper. He was a 6th round pick, incredibly athletic but not very good.

All Murray ever had going for him was having two "injury prone" backs in front of him - he is nothing special.

Thank you.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 pm

PhadedCN wrote:Coming from a Raiders fan..

But even at 0-8, what do they have to lose by giving him carries? Someone mentioned pass protection but the Rams are giving Mason carries despite that.

Murray may not be the answer but it doesn't hurt at this point to try. It's not like DMC and MJD are the future.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:33 pm

I've never understood why people beg for this guy to get playing time. It must be because rotopat and/or Evan Silva own him and talk him up on rotoworld. You guys really need to find a new sleeper to pine for because this one is dead. I just don't get it. List about ten 3rd string RBs and put their names into hat. Pick one and make that guy your new "what could be" player. Your odds of hitting are better than they would be with L. Murray.

I've always found it funny that we as joe blow people off the street think we know more than NFL coaches, scouts or decision makers. Did it ever occur to anyone that Murray doesn't play because he's a 3rd string talent? I hate to burst bubbles but it takes more than being big and being able to run fast in a straight line to be a productive RB in the NFL. I'm guessing that if Murray was showing flashes of greatness in practice his coaches would have given him some opportunities.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 pm

And after i post that rotoworld does their thing begging for the 3rd stringer....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/858 ... ius-murray

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I dont see why they wouldnt put him in. He cant make their running game worse, can he? Even if he does, it is a win-win. They get a higher pick if he stinks it up. So throw him out there and hope for the best or worst. Either way they come out on top.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm

I love all the Murray haters on this thread. Multiple respectable reporters/analysts said in training camp that Murray was the most impressive RB. He also looked pretty damn good in preseason. Now I know neither of those things is saying much, but the fact he hasn't gotten a chance yet is less about him being so much worse than MJD/DMC and more about why the Raiders are the Raiders.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:31 pm

How is he in pass pro? I know he can catch, but can he pick up a blitz or will he get his rookie qb killed?
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 pm

yooperbacker wrote:How is he in pass pro? I know he can catch, but can he pick up a blitz or will he get his rookie qb killed?
DA said he was doing well at pass protection last off-season (as in 2013). Nothing about it really this year that I heard. Aside from a couple buzz pieces of coach-speak, there really was nothing.

...then again, this is Dennis Allen - an incompetent defensive minded coach trying to analyze a running back. Take it for what you will.

libertyaz
Rookie
Rookie

Postby libertyaz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:44 am

It's cause the raiders are one of the worst run franchises in all of football. NO joke, but most of us here could do a better job with personnel decisions. If a guy who is 6'2, 230lbs can't pass block, then the world is coming to an end. What other horrible team overpays for aging vets to come in and produce mediocre results, while letting young talent waste away on the bench? Andre Holmes had to scratch his way back into the starting lineup, only got there due to injury, and anyone with eyes can see he is their best WR. Brice Butler is a big young fast WR who is developing nicely, but his story for playing time is the same as Holmes. It's just dumb people screwing with their dumb team.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:13 am

And people criticized Al Davis for losing it the last several years before he passed. At least he was desperately trying to make moves to see the team he created make one last run before he passed.

A lot of ignorant fans joked that it would be a good day when Al Davis stopped running the Raiders..

Enter Reggie McKenzie.

You know how it goes from there.