Oakland backfield

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thaniz
Role Player
Role Player

Oakland backfield

Postby thaniz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:39 am

I doubt MJD and McFadden will be in Oakland next year. Well maybe McFadden. What do you think?

I've been offered Murray for a third round pick. Pull the trigger and hope he gets a shot next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lost Boys Dynasty League - https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/25061#0
QB: Jackson, Herbert, Cousins, Newton
RB: Cook, Howard, Michel, McKissic, Hyde, Mack, Mattsson, Mostert
WR: Julio, D. Johnson, Cooks, Hardman, Cobb, M.Jones, Hamler, Hilton, Bourne, Harris, Pringle, Toney, Washington, M.Johnson
TE: Kelce, Cook,

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Re: Oakland backfield

Postby vflgladiators » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:17 am

I mean a third round pick is a risk anyway so I guess why not. I'm a Raiders fan and watch every game and I just honestly don't see them giving the kid a shot. They have had many chances to let the kids get some reps and he never gets the opportunity. In a pinch they give carries to Reece over him which makes me believe they will look to free agency or the draft for their future rb. Especially considering it'll be a new HC and he won't be invested in Murray
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 am

There starting running back next year is probably not on the roster right now.

I would rather have a third round flier than Murray.

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajb3313 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:14 am

Tony Sparano actually said this week that they need to find more carries for MJD. That's probably just coach speak nonsense, but just saying it gives a small hint that this old, bad team has no real interest in giving reps to young players with an eye to the future.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:31 am

In a 16 team I'd rather have him than a 3rd but agree, you should keep your expectations low. I would guess the Raiders draft a RB in the top 40 next year, maybe even trade back in the 1st and get Gurley, but there's still a chance that whatever guy they draft fails/gets hurt and Latavius gets a shot. With a pick in the 33-48 range you're not gonna get anything that's much better and Murray could get a chance to play this year so why not go for it?
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 am

I would take that deal for Murray even if it's Oakland. Murray is a size/speed weapon and his talent definitely jumps off the page. Oakland just seems too inept and stubborn to run him. McFadden and MJD have done nothing.

I hope Murray gets a shot but I agree that they'll likely draft or sign an RB or 2.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 am

I also would like my 3rd round flier over Murray .. I cannot understand why he hasn't seen the field at all this year, especially considering their RB situation going into next year, get the man some reps.
@PlankMelody

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 am

Keep your pick. There's a reason his coaches who see him practice every day aren't getting him any game reps. No matter what us "fantasy owners" think about a guy given the limited tape we're able to watch, those coaches see him every day. You honestly think they wouldn't give a guy a chance who's head and shoulders better than MJD/DMC? They are 0-6, they would do whatever they can if it helped them win (see starting Carr over high-priced Schaub).

Murray isn't getting a chance, and there is probably a reason they just aren't telling us about.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17 am

KCLep20 wrote:Keep your pick. There's a reason his coaches who see him practice every day aren't getting him any game reps. No matter what us "fantasy owners" think about a guy given the limited tape we're able to watch, those coaches see him every day. You honestly think they wouldn't give a guy a chance who's head and shoulders better than MJD/DMC? They are 0-6, they would do whatever they can if it helped them win (see starting Carr over high-priced Schaub).

Murray isn't getting a chance, and there is probably a reason they just aren't telling us about.
If it were any team other than the Raiders I would say that is perfect logic. But the freakin' Raiders give new meaning to the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face"! :wall:

I'm still holding Murray in about 3 leagues, hoping he eventually gets a shot somewhere. From my perspective, I'd view a 3rd as about the right value for Murray. I certainly wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd for him, but I would give a 4th or lower in a heartbeat. At a 3rd I'd probably just flip a coin.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:20 am

The Raiders probably sign MJD DMC and Spiller!

Falim
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Falim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:23 am

Yea, I worry there's a reason the coaches aren't giving him any touches. I'd probably move him for a 3rd.
12 team startup, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 2FLEX, DST, K
Scoring: 1pt PPR, 6pt TD passing, 1pt per 20yd passing
QB - Brees, Glennon, Manuel, Garoppola
RB - AP, Ball, Gore, L. Murray, Bolden, Asiata, C.J. Anderson, LaMichael James, K. Carey, McKinnon
WR - DT, Garcon, R. White, Wayne, Baldwin, Cooper, Boykin, J. Matthews, Gallon
TE - J. Thomas, Ertz, Lyerla
DST- Seattle

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I wouldn't trade a 3rd for him. Neither is going to do anything for you this year and they'll have about the same value in the offseason, so why waste a roster spot on the unlikely chance he gets significant carries and boosts his value with those carries?

As for why he's not seeing the field, Oakland has prioritized seeing what they have in Carr over Murray and my guess is that Murray is awful in pass protection and he's not good enough to warrant the risk of getting Carr hammered. Additionally, Sparano is coaching for continued employment at this point, and he seems rather risk averse.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pancakes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pancakes » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Keep your pick. There's a reason his coaches who see him practice every day aren't getting him any game reps. No matter what us "fantasy owners" think about a guy given the limited tape we're able to watch, those coaches see him every day. You honestly think they wouldn't give a guy a chance who's head and shoulders better than MJD/DMC? They are 0-6, they would do whatever they can if it helped them win (see starting Carr over high-priced Schaub).

And it's this specific thinking that gives us too much faith in NFL coaching and organizations. Some organizations and coaches are just bad and don't know what they have sitting right in front of them (Antone Smith, Cordarelle Patterson, Ladarius Green). Its this mode of thinking that makes FANTASY owners miss out on guys like Foles who get forced in because the coaches have no other choice (vick's injury). It's clear at this point the Foles was better but it wasn't clear "every day" that there was something there? Some teams fall bleep backwards to a guy who has real talent through injury (Foles) other organizations choose a guy and stick with him (Russell Wilson). I wouldn't just assume everyone in the NFL is intelligent. Most are just vain and stubborn. Everyone in OAK knows they're fired this off season so right now their goal is to simply not eff things up and look bad for their next jobs. Just like any other industry, there is incompetency and ego.
The Wildcards est. 2010 (2016 Champs)
12-team Non-PPR, standard scoring
Starts QB, QB/TE, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST
Rodgers, Dak, Tyrod, Trubisky, JimmyG, Savage
Latavius, Perine, JHoward, Gore, Skittles Lynch,Zenner, Ivory, Michael
Adams, Tyreek, Tyrell, Diggs, Rishard Matthews, J Matthews, Gabriel, Meredith, Enunwa
Eifert, JThomas, macdonald
Kicker
Defense

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 am

x2.

As a Raidera fan, Iv never understood the dynasty hype surrounding Latavius. He doesn't get much local hype/coach speak at all, and seems to be a dynasty media/forum driven prospect mostly because of his size/speed. I mean, I read all the articles and can't remember things ever going in depth any further than "size/speed, plays behind Darren McFragile"

Heck, Kory Sheets had much more local hype than Latavius during the offaeason.

*CP cannot get open (to the poster above). His problem is his actual WIDE RECEIVER skills don't come anywhere close to his physical capabilities (at least not yet).
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:54 am

Pancakes wrote:

And it's this specific thinking that gives us too much faith in NFL coaching and organizations. Some organizations and coaches are just bad and don't know what they have sitting right in front of them (Antone Smith, Cordarelle Patterson, Ladarius Green). Its this mode of thinking that makes FANTASY owners miss out on guys like Foles who get forced in because the coaches have no other choice (vick's injury). It's clear at this point the Foles was better but it wasn't clear "every day" that there was something there? Some teams fall bleep backwards to a guy who has real talent through injury (Foles) other organizations choose a guy and stick with him (Russell Wilson). I wouldn't just assume everyone in the NFL is intelligent. Most are just vain and stubborn. Everyone in OAK knows they're fired this off season so right now their goal is to simply not eff things up and look bad for their next jobs. Just like any other industry, there is incompetency and ego.
Foles is once again looking pretty mediocre.

Foles rookie season he put up 60.8% completion, 6-5 TD-Int, 6.4 YPA & 79.1 QB rating.
Foles this season has put up 59.5% completion, 10-7 TD-Int, 6.9 YPA & 82.0 QB rating.

His second season is looking like an aberration brought upon by a new offensive scheme teams weren't ready for. He's not bad, but he's more Josh Freeman than he is Tom Brady.

Also, the Seahawks were very close to replacing Wilson at points in his rookie campaign and he performed much better than Foles did.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker