Marquess Wilson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Marquess Wilson

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:19 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:I almost want to say that you're better served letting someone else burn a roster spot on a multiple year stash like Wilson and then pay a little more a year or two down the road then to give up value now and have to hold him on your roster for years. Especially when you consider the fact that he may never pan out.
this exactly ^^^^^ I pick up guys like wilson off the wire wait for some good news flip them for future picks and keep him on my watch list for future reference
.... for the most part chasing guys like wilson make dynasty more interesting but win you few titles . add the fact that the owners that love chasing players like wilson will have some other bright butterfly that catches their eye in a few weeks and lack the patience to hold until he develops - you know the guys I mean the perpetual rebuild guys .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:37 am

This is a 16 team full idp league with 40 man rosters and 13 man taxi squad. Should I still wait on Wilson or stash him on my taxi squad for 2 more years?
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:33 am

clarion contrarion wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:I almost want to say that you're better served letting someone else burn a roster spot on a multiple year stash like Wilson and then pay a little more a year or two down the road then to give up value now and have to hold him on your roster for years. Especially when you consider the fact that he may never pan out.
this exactly ^^^^^ I pick up guys like wilson off the wire wait for some good news flip them for future picks and keep him on my watch list for future reference
.... for the most part chasing guys like wilson make dynasty more interesting but win you few titles . add the fact that the owners that love chasing players like wilson will have some other bright butterfly that catches their eye in a few weeks and lack the patience to hold until he develops - you know the guys I mean the perpetual rebuild guys .
Yup, if you're assuming he's not going to contribute until 2016 there's a lot than can happen between now and then. And we're not talking about a guy with top 10 upside. We're talking WR 2/3 upside at best. If you can get a 2nd in a 16 teamer or a 3rd in a 12 teamer I'd jump at it and use that roster space for another prospect.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Chicago Bears activate receiver Marquess Wilson
Kevin Patra wrote: The Chicago Bears will get another tall, playmaking receiver on the field Sunday.

The team announced it placed wideout Marquess Wilson on their 53-man roster on Friday, and he is expected to play this week versus the Minnesota Vikings.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:57 pm

I just quickly looked through this thread so i apologize if somebody else already brought this up.:

The people who are saying wait a year are two are missing a very important factor imo. Wilson may be a great long term stash but also has immediate value to a Marshall/Jeffery owner. If one of those two guys went down with injury Wilson would most likely be very startable considering how much the Bears pass. When you factor in Marshall's physical play an injury is a very real possibility so why not have Wilson as insurance? I realize a handcuff for WRs is very rare but i think this one case where it could make sense. Especially if you play in deep leagues like I do.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:03 pm

MARKinMI wrote:I just quickly looked through this thread so i apologize if somebody else already brought this up.:

The people who are saying wait a year are two are missing a very important factor imo. Wilson may be a great long term stash but also has immediate value to a Marshall/Jeffery owner. If one of those two guys went down with injury Wilson would most likely be very startable considering how much the Bears pass. When you factor in Marshall's physical play an injury is a very real possibility so why not have Wilson as insurance? I realize a handcuff for WRs is very rare but i think this one case where it could make sense. Especially if you play in deep leagues like I do.
I own him in every league I can, I've already traded for him twice this year. Unfortunate situation but that can turn around very quickly, and the kid has talent.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:11 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:I just quickly looked through this thread so i apologize if somebody else already brought this up.:

I own him in every league I can, I've already traded for him twice this year. Unfortunate situation but that can turn around very quickly, and the kid has talent.
Agreed I got him as a throw in last week in a deal and wish i had targeted him more while he was out. But i went after him to cover my B-Marsh rear-endus. The long term upside is just a bonus

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Drop Paul Richardson for him?

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:49 pm

balaberda wrote:Drop Paul Richardson for him?
I would but I'm in no way a Paul Richardson believer.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:58 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
balaberda wrote:Drop Paul Richardson for him?
I would but I'm in no way a Paul Richardson believer.
Ditto. Seahawks messed that one up BADLY.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Again, would not be shocked if Marshall is cut by Chicago in the off-season because of locker room problems. If that happens, Alshon and Wilson get a big lift in value

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:36 pm

I like Wilson in theory, but the way everyone is treating him right now like he's a locked-in dynasty stash seems a little naive to me.

Week-to-week, Cutler can barely manage to feed two wide-receivers enough to make them both fantasy viable; people expect him to be able to do it with three in the future? I just don't see it.

Wilson's a dubious handcuff (remember, guys, he hasn't done jack in the NFL yet!) for a Marshall or Jeffery owner, if your league has ample bench-space. Beyond that, his dynasty hype seems suspiciously like a mirage to me.
Prime Lark Voorhies wrote: Again, would not be shocked if Marshall is cut by Chicago in the off-season because of locker room problems.
I would be. Why do you assume Marshall is the problem? He just has enough seniority in the room to call out Cutler for being... well, Jay Cutler. I doubt the coaches or front-office hold it against him; more likely, they're sympathizing.

As a Jeffery owner, I'd be delighted if Marshall left Chicago. But they just extended his contract for a million years for a reason; the Bears love the guy. Barring health problems, he's gonna be around for a long while, I suspect.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:55 am

ninotoreS wrote:I like Wilson in theory, but the way everyone is treating him right now like he's a locked-in dynasty stash seems a little naive to me.

Week-to-week, Cutler can barely manage to feed two wide-receivers enough to make them both fantasy viable; people expect him to be able to do it with three in the future? I just don't see it.

Wilson's a dubious handcuff (remember, guys, he hasn't done jack in the NFL yet!) for a Marshall or Jeffery owner, if your league has ample bench-space. Beyond that, his dynasty hype seems suspiciously like a mirage to me.
Prime Lark Voorhies wrote: Again, would not be shocked if Marshall is cut by Chicago in the off-season because of locker room problems.
I would be. Why do you assume Marshall is the problem? He just has enough seniority in the room to call out Cutler for being... well, Jay Cutler. I doubt the coaches or front-office hold it against him; more likely, they're sympathizing.

As a Jeffery owner, I'd be delighted if Marshall left Chicago. But they just extended his contract for a million years for a reason; the Bears love the guy. Barring health problems, he's gonna be around for a long while, I suspect.
They're a train wreck. Aside from a few games, Marshall hasn't been good this season and hes doing his off the field act that got him the boot from Denver and Miami. It would be addition by subtraction.

Wilson should be stashed in every league. His talent was very clear in college and he played on a good amount of snaps yesterday. His opportunity will come sooner than you think.

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 am

Looks like Marshall might be out a bit. Might get a good look at Wilson now. How has he looked the last few weeks?
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:10 am

ckbeav wrote:Looks like Marshall might be out a bit. Might get a good look at Wilson now. How has he looked the last few weeks?
I didn't get to see much, but he was in on 90% of offensive snaps last night. 2 catches on 5 targets, including 0/2 on deep targets.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!