Charles Sims Early Return

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Charles Sims Early Return

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Following report is from the Pewter Plank: http://thepewterplank.com/2014/10/10/ch ... ly-return/

"In August, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were dealt a punishing blow to their backfield when their 2014 third-round pick Charles Sims broke his ankle during a team practice in the preseason. Initial reports indicated that Sims would stand to miss anywhere from 12-14 weeks after undergoing ankle surgery. At best, the Buccaneers were hoping to have their running back out of West Virginia anywhere from the second week of November to the end of the month, but it looks like he may be coming back sooner.

As spotted by Jenna Laine, Sims is already getting in some work on the field and cutting, which supports the claim made by Bucs general manager Jason Licht, who said that he was “way ahead of schedule” and could make his debut when the team takes on the Cleveland Browns on November 2.

Given the struggles of Doug Martin, who is averaging 2.5 yards per carry this season, Sims could make a case for the starting running back job in his debut game. After all, this is the same guy who received a comparison to the great Matt Forte by his own head coach. If that doesn’t get you excited about what this kid can potentially offer when he gets out on the field, we don’t know what will."
@PlankMelody

pa rider
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Charles Sims Early Return

Postby pa rider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks for this. I'm a Martin owner and have been holding Sims. I am excited to see him on the field.

Scooby1974
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Scooby1974 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:37 pm

As a Martin owner, I'm not sure we want to be too excited about Sims. It's more a feeling of terror given Dougie's average play. Is this the beginning of the end?

bill
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bill » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Would anyone drop jstew or DMC for sims? Non ppr, but am fed up with Stewart and DMC
12 team non-ppr, 4 pts passing TD, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 20 position players(non K, DST) roster spots

QB- Allen, Wilson
RB- Hall, Hunt, Sanders, Dobbins, Edmonds, Gainwell, Foreman
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, K. Allen, Julio, Diontae J, Sutton, Samuel, J Williams
TE-Gesicki, Smith

ChuckDiesel405
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ChuckDiesel405 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:13 pm

I could get Sims and Torrey Smith if I give up Rueben Randle. Should I pull the trigger?

Wuppervalley
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wuppervalley » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Instantly if you ask me.
TEAM - 13 team - ppr - full IDP, 2 TE
QB: Ryan, Dalton
WR: J.Jones, Beckham, Hopkins, Cooks, Watkins, A.Robinson, D.Moncrief, D. Adams, Coleman, K. White, Perriman, Dobson, A.Wilson, Waller
RB: Hyde, Michael, Woodhead,Mason, Matt Jones, Zenner, Varga, Watson, McKinnon
TE: Eifert, Green, Amaro, Carrier, Maxx Williams
K: Catanzaro, McManus
P: Allen, Quigley
LB: Bowman, Coples, Hitchens, Ingram, Kerrigan, Trevathan, S.Thompson, Kennard, Z.Brown, G.Hodges
DE: Campbell, Clayborn, Daniels, Ferguson, Hicks, J. Smith
DT: Bromley, Logan, M. Brown
S: Ishmael, Lewis, McDonald, Searcy, Tartt
CB: Amukamara, Cox, Culliver, Trufant

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 pm

ChuckDiesel405 wrote:I could get Sims and Torrey Smith if I give up Rueben Randle. Should I pull the trigger?
Tough because Randle has the highest ceiling, but that's exactly the kind of buy low I'd be looking for with Torrey Smith right now. Yes.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:01 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
ChuckDiesel405 wrote:I could get Sims and Torrey Smith if I give up Rueben Randle. Should I pull the trigger?
Tough because Randle has the highest ceiling, but that's exactly the kind of buy low I'd be looking for with Torrey Smith right now. Yes.
Randle clearly does not have a very high ceiling.

Not sure what the other owner is thinking but you should have accepted right away.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:01 pm

bill wrote:Would anyone drop jstew or DMC for sims? Non ppr, but am fed up with Stewart and DMC
..in a heart beat, I've dropped those two, well just to drop them .. and it felt good. (:

and Yes, I would trade for Sims and Torrey for Randle, however, Randle is the WR1 on the Giants right now and he leads all WR's in targets .. a clip from Evan Silva's match up column:

"Eli's Weeks 1-5 target distribution: Rueben Randle 40; Victor Cruz 38; Larry Donnell 32; Preston Parker 14; Jennings 13; Williams 8; Daniel Fells 6; Beckham 5. ... With three straight ten-target games, Randle has taken over as New York's 2014 target leader. His inefficiency is a definite concern -- Roob has secured only 17 of those targets for 149 yards and a touchdown -- but there are no signs of his usage decreasing. During last Sunday's game, the FOX crew noted Manning has made it a point to involve Randle early in games in order to get him zoned in. With at least 80 yards and/or a TD in three consecutive weeks, Randle is a WR2/3 in a game where he projects to run most of his routes at whipping-boy RCB Williams. ... "

Just to be clear on what you would be trading ... but yeah I would make the trade, I feel that great WR's don't need to be forced the ball to be great, they get open ..
Last edited by Plank on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@PlankMelody

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:02 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
How do you figure? The extra two inches and two years younger? I think their ceilings are similar and Randle is probably the least likely to reach his ceiling.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:52 pm

So, if you own Martin and don't want to sell him low; What are you willing to pay for Sims? Early 2nd? Mid-late 2nd? Something else entirely?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:04 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:So, if you own Martin and don't want to sell him low; What are you willing to pay for Sims? Early 2nd? Mid-late 2nd? Something else entirely?
If I owned Martin, I would ask what the Sims owner wants for him .. see what I get back ...
@PlankMelody

Pyro_6138
Starter
Starter

Postby Pyro_6138 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Glad I grabbed him and threw him on IR a week ago
10 team .5pt PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, 4DL, 4LB, 4DB

QB- Josh Allen, Garoppalo, Wentz, Pickett
RB- Swift, Josh Jacobs, CEH, Breece, Penny, Pacheco, Josh Kelley, Drake, Keontay Ingram, Hubbard
WR- Godwin, DJM, Cooks, Aiyuk Jeudy, Juju, Reynolds, Pickens,
TE- Andrews, Ertz, Jordan
DL- Leonard Williams, Payne, Ojulari, Franklin-Myers, Tuitt, Greenard,
LB- Shaq Thompson, Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, JOK, Kirksey, Oweh, Ernest Jones, Kyzir White
DB - Jessie Bates, Micah Hyde, Jalen Thompson, Quandre Diggs, Moehrig, Kareem Jackson, Gardner-Johnson

10 Team 4 Keepers IDP, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2WR/TE, 2IDP Flex, 2DL, 3LB 2DB

QB - Mayfield, Carr, Zach Wilson
RB - Chubb, Najee Harris, Ronald Jones, Michel
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Claypool, Pittman, Sutton, Chase, Rondale Moore
TE - Kittle, Higbee
DL/ LB - Bosa, Shaq Barrett, Reddick, Chubb, Jabril Peppers, Landry, Jaelan Phillips
DB - Byard, Bates, Horn

RossOfTheYear
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RossOfTheYear » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Pyro_6138 wrote:Glad I grabbed him and threw him on IR a week ago
same
Game of Jones
10 team Dynasty, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K
Ryan, Palmer, Wentz, Prescott
Gurley, Bell, Martin, Forte, Rawls, Henry, Don Jackson
Julio Jones, Evans, Benjamin, Crabtree, Watkins (IR), Diggs, Dorsett, Enunwa
Kelce, Henry
Carolina
Tucker

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Plank wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:So, if you own Martin and don't want to sell him low; What are you willing to pay for Sims? Early 2nd? Mid-late 2nd? Something else entirely?
If I owned Martin, I would ask what the Sims owner wants for him .. see what I get back ...
Sims owner asked for Jordan Matthews. I said no. Guess if martin flames out I go out with him. Oh well.