Sankey Sighting

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Sankey Sighting

Postby evorzan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 am

I thought Sankey looked good when he touched the ball yesterday. Anyone else watch the game? Does he start pushing for a larger part of the timeshare soon?
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Sankey Sighting

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Absolutely he does. He should be getting a pretty consistent 15 touches/game soon. Maybe be a full go with 20+ touches by week ten, so long as he keeps the ball high & tight.

PapaBearsPlaybook
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PapaBearsPlaybook » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 am

Wisenhunt says that he needs to work on his "footwork" to get more playing time.

I don't know about you guys.. but watching the Titans it is ludicrous that he isn't seeing consistent playing time and taking the majority of carries in that offense. He'd take some pressure off of a struggling Locker as well. Greene is just... well... Shonn Greene.
12 Team, PPR, Start: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE. Keep 6.
QBs: Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Logan Thomas
RB: Bell, Vereen, Sankey, Greene, FJax
WR: Floyd, Cobb, Cooks, Hopkins, Jennings, Baldwin
TE: Reed, Walker
K: Crosby, Suisham

15 Team, Non-PPR, redraft, Start: 2QBs, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1 K, 1 D.
QB: Wilson, Ryan
RB: Joique Bell, Ellington
WR: White, Floyd, A. Johnson
TE: H. Miller
K: Gould DEF: NE Pats

12 Team, $500 Cap/Auction/Dynasty League, PPR, 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE.
QB: Brady ($92), Manziel ($16), Fitzpatrick ($10), Hoyer ($7), Savage ($2)
RB: Spiller ($85), Lynch ($60), Woodhead ($16), SJax ($19), Cunningham ($1), McKinnon ($1), CJ Anderson ($1)
WR: Garcon ($35), Hopkins ($19), Thompkins ($7), J. Hunter ($4), BMarsh ($65), Tate ($8), Marlon Brown ($1)
TE: D. Allen ($2), Ertz ($12), Reed ($5)
K: Vinatieri ($1), Suisham ($1)

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 am

PapaBearsPlaybook wrote:Wisenhunt says that he needs to work on his "footwork" to get more playing time.

I don't know about you guys.. but watching the Titans it is ludicrous that he isn't seeing consistent playing time and taking the majority of carries in that offense. He'd take some pressure off of a struggling Locker as well. Greene is just... well... Shonn Greene.
I agree. I watched the Titans pre-season games and at that point I agreed with Wis that Sankey just didn't quite look like "the guy" yet. Fast forward one month to the game against the Bengals on Sunday, and I thought that Sankey looked to be far and away the best option on the team. He was decisive and showed good burst through the holes once he found the one he wanted to go with - and patience to find the right one. My only complaint was that he didn't drive to finish runs, but that was never going to be his game as he is not a power back in the mold of AP, Lynch, Ivory, etc. On several occasions I noticed he would slip under would-be tacklers in order to avoid taking the hit, which I would think bodes well for his longevity.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 am

Titans look bad and I hope it puts pressure on the coaching staff to get the ball to Sankey and Hunter.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am

Watching it now, Sankey ran like 8 plays in a row in the 3rd and looked really good in that stretch ... a lot of his runs went 5-8 yrds a clip, caught the bell well out of the backfield, and blocked well in pass protection .. Locker also didn't look to check down to Sankey always pressed it down the field incomplete when Sankey was out in the flat, totally opposite when McCluster is in (meaning he was quick to check it down to him) .. I have no idea what their fascination is with McCluster ... he annoys me almost as much as Eddie Royal of the chargers :P ..

Taylor Thompson also had a chance to make a spectacular one handed grab on a 3rd and 11 at the top of the 4th ..
@PlankMelody

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:09 pm

The whole footwork thing is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "I'm sorry everyone, I know he's our best RB and Greene has looked terrible, but we're going to avoid giving him the ball since his footwork doesn't look right". Meanwhile Marshawn Lynch has "bad footwork" and it seems to be working out well for Seattle.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 pm

The more I watch the NFL the more I think the majority of coaches are actually stupid.

Watching Spiller, Miami Offense, Clevland QB situation/draft (drafting no WR), Oakland, Sankey.... and so on makes me just wonder.

I know that we are just fans but a lot of us are very knowledgeable and at the very least we can see when a team is being mismanaged.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Can someone please explain the difference between good "footwork" and bad "footwork" to me? I literally have no idea what Whisenhunt is even talking about.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."