Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2117
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Boner.

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby Howat » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm


User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Honestly, this development should not come as a complete surprise to anyone. The new drug policy has been an ongoing negotiation for an extended period of time and the possibility of making the policy retroactive in some fashion should have been considered by fantasy owners. I have been saying all along that Gordon's future is far brighter than the sentiment displayed by the mass group-think/hate taking place. One of the main reasons for my view was I knew that this new policy was going to happen and it would result in ground breaking changes, I simply did not know when exactly. The reality is Gordon has one sample on one test 1ng/ml over the current threshold for marijuana in a little over a two year time span. It was reported awhile back that Gordon had past 70 tests. I don't know if that number represented tests taken before the test that was flagged in December, or if it was in total. In any case, he has likely been tested around 100 or more times at this point, with only the one ng/ml separating him from no positive tests for marijuana in over two years. Because of this testing procedure, I have never bought into the characterization of Gordon as an addict whose life is spinning out of control. I believe he has poor decision making which will likely improve as he matures. Is it possible he makes another mistake? Yes, but the reward is definitely worth it for me.

ThirdWW
Starter
Starter
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby ThirdWW » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
Jules wrote:Bovada's odds:
Will Josh Gordon play a game in the 2014 regular season?

Yes: -500
No: +300
Take from this what you will.

ETA: By my calculations, those lines indicate a 78% chance that Gordon will play this year. 49ersFaithful, I hope you have a foreign bank account so you can make some easy money.
Lol I certainly was not anticipating the NFL & NFLPA would come to an agreement on new drug testing policies and for some crazy reason think they should do away with 20 suspensions that have already been mandated.

I don't agree with it (Gordon deserves this suspension) but I would probably bet that Gordon sees the field at some point this season based off of what I've read. I just don't think it will move as quickly as a lot of people are suggesting.

I am very interested in seeing the details of this agreement. Does it really set a good precedent to let a player off scott free who has repetitively and deliberately broken the leagues rules over and over again?
Why do you give a bleep if Gordon smokes weed? It's amazing how much you root against a guy just so you think you can look cool on some website. He is on my team, yes. I took him in the 7th round of a start last summer so didn't mortgage my team for him, so don't think that is why I'm writing this. Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
.5 ppr, 4 QB td
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, Dwayne Haskins
RB - Joe Mixon,Todd Gurley, Rashaad Penny, Darrell Henderson, Chris Thompson, Rex Burkhead, Gio Bernard, Malcolm Brown
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Courtland Sutton, Devante Parker, Zach Pascal, Trey Quinn
TE - Travis Kelce, David Njoku, Tyler Eifert

K- Harrison Butler

DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Roquan Smith
DB - Landon Collins

User avatar
CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm

ThirdWW wrote: Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
Except that its illegal to buy in Ohio...and so he buys it from gangs, giving them money and profit...and unfortunately...they hurt people. So until it is legalized, by virtue of the fact that you buy dope, you are funding gang activity.

Your argument is invalid.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

ThirdWW
Starter
Starter
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby ThirdWW » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:31 pm

CrimsonKodiak wrote:
ThirdWW wrote: Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
Except that its illegal to buy in Ohio...and so he buys it from gangs, giving them money and profit...and unfortunately...they hurt people. So until it is legalized, by virtue of the fact that you buy dope, you are funding gang activity.

Your argument is invalid.
If you believe that's the only way to purchase weed you are much higher than Josh.
.5 ppr, 4 QB td
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, Dwayne Haskins
RB - Joe Mixon,Todd Gurley, Rashaad Penny, Darrell Henderson, Chris Thompson, Rex Burkhead, Gio Bernard, Malcolm Brown
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Courtland Sutton, Devante Parker, Zach Pascal, Trey Quinn
TE - Travis Kelce, David Njoku, Tyler Eifert

K- Harrison Butler

DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Roquan Smith
DB - Landon Collins

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby MrBalloonHands » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 pm

CrimsonKodiak wrote:
ThirdWW wrote: Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
Except that its illegal to buy in Ohio...and so he buys it from gangs, giving them money and profit...and unfortunately...they hurt people. So until it is legalized, by virtue of the fact that you buy dope, you are funding gang activity.

Your argument is invalid.
Or he could have bought it from someone who, you know, grows it themselves. Not every illegal activity that takes place in Ohio is run by scary gangs.

I have friends in the Cleveland area who are gainfully employed and have great family lives with their wives and kids who *gasp* break the law and grow weed. To my knowledge this is all for their personal use but it is hard to believe that there are not folks in that area growing pot and selling it to other smokers.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

User avatar
CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 pm

ThirdWW wrote:
CrimsonKodiak wrote:
ThirdWW wrote: Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
Except that its illegal to buy in Ohio...and so he buys it from gangs, giving them money and profit...and unfortunately...they hurt people. So until it is legalized, by virtue of the fact that you buy dope, you are funding gang activity.

Your argument is invalid.
If you believe that's the only way to purchase weed you are much higher than Josh.
Either way, selling it is illegal. people will do a lot of harm to others to protect themselves from the illegality of their situation and the law.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

User avatar
CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

MrBalloonHands wrote: Or he could have bought it from someone who, you know, grows it themselves. Not every illegal activity that takes place in Ohio is run by scary gangs.

I have friends in the Cleveland area who are gainfully employed and have great family lives with their wives and kids who *gasp* break the law and grow weed. To my knowledge this is all for their personal use but it is hard to believe that there are not folks in that area growing pot and selling it to other smokers.
So denying that selling drugs is a primary revenue and income source of every major gang in the USA?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I know there are people that grow weed. (I'm not here advocating the hideousness of pot.)
But until it is legalized I refuse to accept the statement "smoking dope doesn't hurt anyone" because it does! and until you have had someone you know killed because of it. its ignorant to say.

Anyways we are getting so far off topic.

I picked up Gordon in my redraft league of waivers I hope he pays this weekend :P
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2364
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm

MrBalloonHands wrote:Not every illegal activity that takes place in Ohio is run by scary gangs.
If it ain't gangs, it's Amish people. And don't get me started on Amish people.

User avatar
49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Why do you give a bleep if Gordon smokes weed? It's amazing how much you root against a guy just so you think you can look cool on some website. He is on my team, yes. I took him in the 7th round of a start last summer so didn't mortgage my team for him, so don't think that is why I'm writing this. Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
I don't care that he smokes weed. I care that he breaks the rules over and over again and will get away with it.

Secondly you are a bleep idiot if you think there are no victims involved in marijuana consumption. The vast majority of marijuana is produced and sold by cartels and their affiliates. That means murder, theft, violence, and everything else that goes along with gang activity.

Thirdly, you drafting Gordon in the 7th round is the only reason you are posting this. Every single word you speak about the guy is just blindly optimistic towards his situation.

So you "get a life" what does this even mean? Me thinking Gordon should be suspended means I don't have a life?

You keep your blindly optimistic thoughts to yourself.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Watch Goodell get turfed and the new guy force them to start the process anew.. :lol:
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I don't care that he smokes weed. I care that he breaks the rules over and over again and will get away with it.
You were one of those kids who enjoyed it when you got spanked, weren't you?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ThirdWW
Starter
Starter
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby ThirdWW » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
Why do you give a bleep if Gordon smokes weed? It's amazing how much you root against a guy just so you think you can look cool on some website. He is on my team, yes. I took him in the 7th round of a start last summer so didn't mortgage my team for him, so don't think that is why I'm writing this. Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
I don't care that he smokes weed. I care that he breaks the rules over and over again and will get away with it.

Secondly you are a bleeping idiot if you think there are no victims involved in marijuana consumption. The vast majority of marijuana is produced and sold by cartels and their affiliates. That means murder, theft, violence, and everything else that goes along with gang activity.

Thirdly, you drafting Gordon in the 7th round is the only reason you are posting this. Every single word you speak about the guy is just blindly optimistic towards his situation.

So you "get a life" what does this even mean? Me thinking Gordon should be suspended means I don't have a life?

You keep your blindly optimistic thoughts to yourself.
I was speaking to the marijuana rules, not Gordon in particular. I would venture to say most weed in Cleveland is locally supplied.
.5 ppr, 4 QB td
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, Dwayne Haskins
RB - Joe Mixon,Todd Gurley, Rashaad Penny, Darrell Henderson, Chris Thompson, Rex Burkhead, Gio Bernard, Malcolm Brown
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Courtland Sutton, Devante Parker, Zach Pascal, Trey Quinn
TE - Travis Kelce, David Njoku, Tyler Eifert

K- Harrison Butler

DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Roquan Smith
DB - Landon Collins

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Gordon suspended for 1 year.. What now?

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:22 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
Why do you give a bleep if Gordon smokes weed? It's amazing how much you root against a guy just so you think you can look cool on some website. He is on my team, yes. I took him in the 7th round of a start last summer so didn't mortgage my team for him, so don't think that is why I'm writing this. Gordon smoking weed harms not one single person and it's about time they fix the rules regarding this. Get a life man and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
I don't care that he smokes weed. I care that he breaks the rules over and over again and will get away with it.

Secondly you are a bleeping idiot if you think there are no victims involved in marijuana consumption. The vast majority of marijuana is produced and sold by cartels and their affiliates. That means murder, theft, violence, and everything else that goes along with gang activity.

Thirdly, you drafting Gordon in the 7th round is the only reason you are posting this. Every single word you speak about the guy is just blindly optimistic towards his situation.

So you "get a life" what does this even mean? Me thinking Gordon should be suspended means I don't have a life?

You keep your blindly optimistic thoughts to yourself.
The reason the majority of marijuana is produced by cartels is BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL, not because people use marijuana. Legalize it, and you gut the income of the cartels.....


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mjvb5 and 6 guests