Rotoworld Analysis is a Joke

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rotoworld Analysis is a Joke

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm They are far less frequent than Rotoviz's, but hopefully they are better. We produce dynasty focused Player News items as well. It's not easy, you may not always agree, but we do at least genuinely care and try.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/player-news/
Sorry Ken, as much as I love DLF and all that you do do, it's just not as timely and comprehensive as I need. But thanks anyway.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm They are far less frequent than Rotoviz's, but hopefully they are better. We produce dynasty focused Player News items as well. It's not easy, you may not always agree, but we do at least genuinely care and try.

This is the first I've seen of it. I appreciated the first page of them alone, thanks!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Sorry Ken, as much as I love DLF and all that you do do, it's just not as timely and comprehensive as I need. But thanks anyway.
Genuinely wanting to know how we can do better.

When you say timely, what exactly are you looking for?

And by more comprehensive, do you mean more players or more analysis in the write up?

Is there an example you can point to from some other site that we should try to emulate?

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated!

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 am

This is the first I've seen of it. I appreciated the first page of them alone, thanks!
I'm finding that a lot of what we offer is not always well known. We do so much stuff, it's difficult to get all of it in front of everyone.

One other resource you all might want to check out (if you did not already know about it) is the NFL News Source.

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/nflnews/

We scrape news and analysis forma wide variety of fantasy and NFL sites. You can search for players, teams, filter by type of news, etc.

Thanks

KM

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:30 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 pm

And by more comprehensive, do you mean more players or more analysis in the write up?

Is there an example you can point to from some other site that we should try to emulate?

I can't really expect for you guys too give this the time and energy I'm looking for, but I'd like the news as it's breaking and not hours later. When I say comprehensive, I mean every small and seemingly insignificant little tidbit and not just the two or three top stories per day. Thanks for your effort but I really don't look for analysis in my news feed; that's my job.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm

OK good to know, thanks.

And yeah, I don't think what we are trying to do with that player news feed is going to fill that need for you. You may want to check out that NFL News Source I mentioned above. There is a bit of a delay as the data gets scraped by a script, but it is pretty comprehensive.

In part its a decision about how and what should be reported. Like the breaking news about AB - we held off last night doing anything because it was still uncertain. Even once it becomes confirmed, we want to produce some thoughtful commentary on it, not just be the first site to twitch-react to the news. Plenty of other sources out there for that.

Given that our focus is on the dynasty implications, we feel like a few hours delay is not a deal breaker. Is there really some missed opportunity there in that window? Are you really trying to pull a trade seconds after news begins to break?

For better or worse, we're erring on the side of taking a little more time and trying to provide quality analysis. Not jokes, memes and hot takes. It's dynasty. Like you, we try to think long term.

As for comprehensive, there too we feel like you can really go down a rabbit hole. Every time a player stubs a toe, gets a dui, tweets something silly.. what's really dynasty news worthy? But I hear you, I'd feel better if we could post 6-10 quality news updates a day, minimum. Just as long as what we are posting is genuinely useful and worth your time, and not just posting to be posting.

The area where I feel like we do need to do better is providing IDP coverage. We're still looking for the right solution there.

Thanks again for the feedback and please keep it coming. We can't get better without knowing what you and others are looking for. We love to hear this stuff.

Thanks

KM

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Oh, and if you are mostly looking for the fastest breaking news without regard for quality analysis... nothing beats twitter, imo. Again, just as long as all you are looking for is the fastest breaking news while tuning out the 'analysis'.

And just half a heartbeat behind twitter, this here forum isn't so bad either. A little bit longer delay, but still very fast, and definitely better analysis.

Oh also, almost forgot. A really nice app is Playerline. Aggregates news items from several sources, you can tag players, set up alerts, etc. Free and paid version. Highly recommended.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:49 pm

One of my favorites after the Bengals drafted Walton for some RB depth
"Ankle surgery derailed Walton's junior year at Miami. He flashed feature back traits when healthy, but failed the Combine (4.60 forty, 9-foot-10 broad jump). Walton doesn't have much in front of him in Cincinnati. He should open the season as a committee backup."

Uhuh sooo where did Joe Mixon go?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm

I totally understand why the DLF writer cant do what Rotoworld does and why they don't want to do it. But I trust the DLF writers a lot more than I trust rotoworld, that's why I crave more of the player news from DLF

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:05 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:47 pm if you are mostly looking for the fastest breaking news without regard for quality analysis... nothing beats twitter, imo
QFT. It's all I use twitter for. You kinda gotta fish with the search bar unless your following list is super on point, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:30 pm
dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 pm

I can't really expect for you guys too give this the time and energy I'm looking for, but I'd like the news as it's breaking and not hours later. When I say comprehensive, I mean every small and seemingly insignificant little tidbit and not just the two or three top stories per day. Thanks for your effort but I really don't look for analysis in my news feed; that's my job.
You need a life.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm I totally understand why the DLF writer cant do what Rotoworld does and why they don't want to do it. But I trust the DLF writers a lot more than I trust rotoworld, that's why I crave more of the player news from DLF
This. I use Rotoworld for the breaking news but I always defer to DLF for the analysis portion because it's more thoughtful and almost always more on point.