Value of Randall Cobb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade Cobb?

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:39 am

yo gabba gabbert wrote:cbssports currently has Cobb listed as a wr1 (#10), but look at his career stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... ndall-cobb

in 3 years he has yet to eclipse 1000 yards rec. - his perceived value is > his on-field value. sure he has the potential to a stud. but if you can trade him right now for a more proven talent, then i would definitely take that deal
I think his value is so high because he's so efficient with his touches and catches 75% of the passes thrown his way. He averages 13 yds/rec, 9.7 yds/target, and a TD every 10 receptions. It's just a matter of volume (as is often the case with any team's WR2, especially in Green Bay). I think he has the talent to succeed anywhere and believe he will be in Green Bay next year

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 am

you've been reading cbs fantasy football havent you

mikemar
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mikemar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 am

I traded Cobb for 1.1 yesterday in a 2PPR league

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

yo gabba gabbert wrote:cbssports currently has Cobb listed as a wr1 (#10), but look at his career stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... ndall-cobb

in 3 years he has yet to eclipse 1000 yards rec. - his perceived value is > his on-field value. sure he has the potential to a stud. but if you can trade him right now for a more proven talent, then i would definitely take that deal
this will be his 4th year as a WR. He is 23 years old coming into the season--young by WR standards.

if you were to extrapolate his numbers from last year, he would have averaged 4 receptions a game, 80 all-purpose yards, and .5 TDs a game.

Go ahead and panic sell. I wish i was in one of your leagues.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 am

thebeast wrote:What I do know is that Cobb is extremely talented - he has more natural talent than Jordy
Why do you say this?

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:48 am

mikemar wrote:I traded Cobb for 1.1 yesterday in a 2PPR league
:shock:
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 am

Poor contract situation, average talent, mediocre practice performance, poor health, complete dependency on his QB, has never had 1,000 yard season.

Saying that he's more "naturally talented" than Nelson means 1 of 3 things (or possibly all 3):

1 - you don't know much about football
2 - you think Cobb is more naturally talented b/c he is black and Jordy is white
3 - you don't know anything about how GMs do contracts (HERE'S A CLUE - the GB GM wanted to make sure the team gave Nelson a contract first - he knows that Nelson is more talented and beneficial to the team than Cobb. Last I heard, they haven't even talked with Cobb regarding his contract.

I'd be looking to sell - not sure he's offered a new contract and reports are that Adams has been looking great.

If you can get the 1.1 or 1.2 + a player with a high ceiling (i.e. a WR like Justin Hunter) I'd pull the trigger.

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 am

DLFiend wrote:Poor contract situation, average talent, mediocre practice performance, poor health, complete dependency on his QB

I'd be looking to sell - not sure he's offered a new contract and reports are that Adams has been looking great.

If you can get the 1.1 or 1.2 + a player with a high ceiling (i.e. a WR like Justin Hunter) I'd pull the trigger.
Pretty much this. I don't see why you'd want him when you can sell him at his overinflated value to get assets that will have a better chance at actually living up to the value he is given at this point in time.
Last edited by evorzan on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

yo gabba gabbert
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby yo gabba gabbert » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 am

zfifelski wrote:

this will be his 4th year as a WR. He is 23 years old coming into the season--young by WR standards.

if you were to extrapolate his numbers from last year, he would have averaged 4 receptions a game, 80 all-purpose yards, and .5 TDs a game.

Go ahead and panic sell. I wish i was in one of your leagues.
you're completely ignoring the fact that he gets hurt. if all we had to do was extrapolate numbers based on games players would have played had they not been injured, then jonathan stewart would be having a hall of fame career. i'm not saying trade him away for some scrub, but if you can get great value on him, why wouldn't you? if your player value is based on if's and buts then i wish you were in my league, too.
24 team non ppr
QB - fitzpatrick, gabbert
RB - lamar miller, BJGE, SJAX, Gaffney, RIP David Wilson
WR - floyd (malcom, not micheal), cruz, tedd ginn jr, jacoby jones
TE - cook

yo gabba gabbert
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby yo gabba gabbert » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:56 am

that's what I consider great value, esp in a draft when you could take sammy watkins at 1.1
24 team non ppr
QB - fitzpatrick, gabbert
RB - lamar miller, BJGE, SJAX, Gaffney, RIP David Wilson
WR - floyd (malcom, not micheal), cruz, tedd ginn jr, jacoby jones
TE - cook

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm

DLFiend wrote:Poor contract situation, average talent, mediocre practice performance, poor health, complete dependency on his QB, has never had 1,000 yard season.

Saying that he's more "naturally talented" than Nelson means 1 of 3 things (or possibly all 3):

2 - you think Cobb is more naturally talented b/c he is black and Jordy is white
3 - you don't know anything about how GMs do contracts (HERE'S A CLUE - the GB GM wanted to make sure the team gave Nelson a contract first - he knows that Nelson is more talented and beneficial to the team than Cobb. Last I heard, they haven't even talked with Cobb regarding his contract.

Actually you're wrong - Cobb had over 1000 yards in 2012 (you're probably not smart enough to figure that out though) his sophomore season and was on a better pace across all categories in 2013.

1. 'Dur.. this is my comment to everyone who doesn't agree with me... you don't know much about football'
Get a new line, you're such a tool.

2. 'Dur.. let me make this a race issue where there isn't one'.
Let's see of the DLF staff who actually get paid for their analyses 7 out of 8 have Cobb ranked well ahead of Nelson in their rankings and the only one who has Nelson ranked ahead hasn't submitted rankings since June. So I must not be the only who thinks Cobb is more talented. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but clearly mine isn't the outlier here.

I can't even believe you brought race into this - damn, you are such a tool. Actually I'm guessing you're a teenager, all your posts would make sense if we found out you're just a 17 year old with an acne problem.

3. 'Dur.. I'm an internet GM so I know exactly what's going on and how real life GMs work'
There could be many reasons why the Packers signed Jordy first. Maybe they figured he would be cheaper and his contract could be used as a baseline for Cobb. Perhaps Cobb and his agent have stuck to the 'I haven't done enough yet to earn my contract' and they don't want to discuss a new contract as they feel Cobb will earn more by playing out the season. Citing that they gave Jordy a new contract as to how they value their respective talents is so short sighted but that's what I'd expect from a 17 year old internet GM.

And it's actually laughable that you're discussing rookie hype roto posts in your valuation of Cobb... Respond all you like but I'm done with you, I've now already spent too much time arguing with a tool who's best argument is sadly to create a race issue where there isn't one.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm

yo gabba gabbert wrote:
that's what I consider great value, esp in a draft when you could take sammy watkins at 1.1
I disagree with you here as well.

According to ADP data, Cobb's position is 14.5, whereas Watkins (the 1.1) is 21.5. It would seem the fellow that traded Cobb for the 1.1 could have and should have aimed for a bit more. =\\

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:32 pm

thebeast wrote:
DLFiend wrote:Poor contract situation, average talent, mediocre practice performance, poor health, complete dependency on his QB, has never had 1,000 yard season.

Actually you're wrong - Cobb had over 1000 yards in 2012 (you're probably not smart enough to figure that out though) his sophomore season and was on a better pace across all categories in 2013.

1. 'Dur.. this is my comment to everyone who doesn't agree with me... you don't know much about football'
Get a new line, you're such a tool.

2. 'Dur.. let me make this a race issue where there isn't one'.
Let's see of the DLF staff who actually get paid for their analyses 7 out of 8 have Cobb ranked well ahead of Nelson in their rankings and the only one who has Nelson ranked ahead hasn't submitted rankings since June. So I must not be the only who thinks Cobb is more talented. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but clearly mine isn't the outlier here.

I can't even believe you brought race into this - damn, you are such a tool. Actually I'm guessing you're a teenager, all your posts would make sense if we found out you're just a 17 year old with an acne problem.

3. 'Dur.. I'm an internet GM so I know exactly what's going on and how real life GMs work'
There could be many reasons why the Packers signed Jordy first. Maybe they figured he would be cheaper and his contract could be used as a baseline for Cobb. Perhaps Cobb and his agent have stuck to the 'I haven't done enough yet to earn my contract' and they don't want to discuss a new contract as they feel Cobb will earn more by playing out the season. Citing that they gave Jordy a new contract as to how they value their respective talents is so short sighted but that's what I'd expect from a 17 year old internet GM.

And it's actually laughable that you're discussing rookie hype roto posts in your valuation of Cobb... Respond all you like but I'm done with you, I've now already spent too much time arguing with a tool who's best argument is sadly to create a race issue where there isn't one.

:lol: Wow, you call me a tool but probably spent 20 minutes writing that. Calling people names is a quick way to lose credibility. In fact, I was laughing so hard I just stopped reading anything you had to say. Enjoy your admin warning for name-calling - it's not welcome on these boards.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:10 pm

thebeast wrote:Actually you're wrong - Cobb had over 1000 yards in 2012 (you're probably not smart enough to figure that out though) his sophomore season and was on a better pace across all categories in 2013.
No, he's right, his highest receiving yards is 954, which is definitely under 1000. The rest of the stuff is between you guys.
Year Team
2011 GB 15 25 31 375 15.0 61 1 15 0 0
2012 GB 15 80 104 954 11.9 39 8 45 0 0
2013 GB 6 31 46 433 14.0 48 4 18 0 0
Total Total 36 136 181 1,762 13.0 61 13 78 0 0

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:
thebeast wrote:Actually you're wrong - Cobb had over 1000 yards in 2012 (you're probably not smart enough to figure that out though) his sophomore season and was on a better pace across all categories in 2013.
No, he's right, his highest receiving yards is 954, which is definitely under 1000. The rest of the stuff is between you guys.
Year Team
2011 GB 15 25 31 375 15.0 61 1 15 0 0
2012 GB 15 80 104 954 11.9 39 8 45 0 0
2013 GB 6 31 46 433 14.0 48 4 18 0 0
Total Total 36 136 181 1,762 13.0 61 13 78 0 0
Me thinks he may have been referring to adding in his rushing yards (132) from 2012

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th