Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Re: Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

Postby TurtleBK » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:04 pm

I love how 49ers is gonna stalk this thread to page 69 2 years from now when Crowell busts an ankle and say "I TOLD YOU SO!! SEE! NEVER WORTH DRAFTING OMG UDFA" as if Crowell hasn't already shown legit 2nd Rd rookie draft or better talent on the NFL field with a handfull of touchdowns from a reserve role halfway through the year and looking clearly better already than the guy they took in the 3rd. Because that's already happened and been mentally processed by anyone not clinging to stereotyped opinions given months ago in too public a place to admit the obvious misappraisal.

See you at page 35 ;-)
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 am

Cleveland Browns' Kyle Shanahan on the three-back rotation: 'I'd love for one of them to separate from the others'

Retrieved from: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -from-pack

"If they want to be out there more, they need to separate themselves and show that they're obviously better than the other guy and we'll keep them out there more," Shanahan said Thursday, per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer."

Here's Mary Kay's article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... han_1.html

Game on. Wally pipe time?
@PlankMelody

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 am

Jules wrote:
snitchinsider wrote:Fair enough. I stand by my instincts however that this is the work of a coach trying to juggle the emotions, egos and talents of two young backs that they anticipate are a part of their future.
That's fair too. In such a muddled situation, instincts may be the best way to go. If I had to make a 50/50 bet on one of Crowell or West right now, I'd bet Crowell. But if I were going to buy one at current market price (and I'm not -- I sold my only shares, and I'm happy sitting this one out), it'd probably be West.
You're probably right about that. Not sure what West's price is but can't be too high.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:54 am

He was dropped in my league after his inactive game, the price is low. I'm considering moving the entire trio to someone to offload the headache.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 am

TurtleBK wrote:I love how 49ers is gonna stalk this thread to page 69 2 years from now when Crowell busts an ankle and say "I TOLD YOU SO!! SEE! NEVER WORTH DRAFTING OMG UDFA" as if Crowell hasn't already shown legit 2nd Rd rookie draft or better talent on the NFL field with a handfull of touchdowns from a reserve role halfway through the year and looking clearly better already than the guy they took in the 3rd. Because that's already happened and been mentally processed by anyone not clinging to stereotyped opinions given months ago in too public a place to admit the obvious misappraisal.

See you at page 35 ;-)
I prefer Crowell over West at this point, he's performed a bit better (although I don't see how short TD runs mean he is performing well). Most importantly the coaching staff seems to prefer him now.

HOWEVER, West got more touches last week than Crowell. If you think this was because of any other reason then the coach making what he thinks was the best decision you are an idiot. At no point did he promise West touches as repayment for being inactive.

Crowell's value/hype is still way out of control though.

You know how I know that? Some guy said a couple pages back that he would need Sammy Watkins for Crowell :wtf:

Hawk's Nest, why are you ignoring this thread now?

I'm curious why you value Crowell as highly as a player that most people would think is 10x more valuable. Any rationale?

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 am

I will just say that Crowell and McKinnon are the two most overhyped rbs in football right now.

I really wish I had them in every league so I could deal them for Sammy Watkins LOL.

I don't like personal attacks and this particular topic is full of them but I will say in defense of 49ers faithful it sounds like he is just telling people to R-E-L-A-X on Crowell at this point
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:53 am

schiewerma21 wrote:I will just say that Crowell and McKinnon are the two most overhyped rbs in football right now.

I really wish I had them in every league so I could deal them for Sammy Watkins LOL.

I don't like personal attacks and this particular topic is full of them but I will say in defense of 49ers faithful it sounds like he is just telling people to R-E-L-A-X on Crowell at this point
This thread is for "being super pumped" about how amazing Crowell is only, talk of "relaxing" on Crowell's value is not welcome here. Go F@uck yourself bub.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Plank wrote:Cleveland Browns' Kyle Shanahan on the three-back rotation: 'I'd love for one of them to separate from the others'

"If they want to be out there more, they need to separate themselves and show that they're obviously better than the other guy and we'll keep them out there more," Shanahan said Thursday, per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer."

Here's Mary Kay's article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... han_1.html

Wait one second. I thought the job was unquestionably Tate's. West has forced an open competition? Am I reading this correctly or is there someone else on the roster forcing the team to rethink things? I mean, Tate isn't even injured. I thought he was the guy.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 pm

georg013 wrote:
Plank wrote:Cleveland Browns' Kyle Shanahan on the three-back rotation: 'I'd love for one of them to separate from the others'

Wait one second. I thought the job was unquestionably Tate's. West has forced an open competition? Am I reading this correctly or is there someone else on the roster forcing the team to rethink things? I mean, Tate isn't even injured. I thought he was the guy.
Firstly, Tate hasn't been very good the last 2 weeks and there's 2 guys waiting in the wings. They also have very little money in Tate. Secondly, the offense was horrible last week and when that happens, coaches look to make changes. If Tate struggles again this week I would expect either West or Crowell (or both) to get a shot to be the lead guy.

MelsPersianTail
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MelsPersianTail » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Isiah Crowell, what a beast.
2 QB PPR 10 Team Flex
QB Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, RG3, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet, EJ Manuel
RB Todd Gurley, Latavious Murray, Darren McFadden, DeAngelo Williams, Tre Mason, Orleans Darkwa, Rashad Jennings.
WR Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey, Julian Edelman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Mike Wallace, Mike Crabtree, Willie Snead, Percy Harvin, Danny Amendola
TE Antonio Gates, Martellus Bennett, LaDarius Green
IR LeVeon Bell

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm confused... :think:

Crowell is way better than West and has clearly for a 100% fact passed West on the depth chart.

So why did West get 7 times the amount of carries than Crowell.

Must have been more "repayment" from Pettine because he was inactive that one week right?

Someone help me out with this, Crowell is a super beast why would they not play him?

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:25 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I'm confused... :think:

Crowell is way better than West and has clearly for a 100% fact passed West on the depth chart.

Must have been more "repayment" from Pettine because he was inactive that one week right?

Someone help me out with this, Crowell is a super beast why would they not play him?
You realize that while Crowell hasn't played much the last 2 weeks that West has been awful? Clearly great news for West owners. Another well thought out post.

You've been confused for years, admitting it is the first step.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:38 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:I'm confused... :think:

You realize that while Crowell hasn't played much the last 2 weeks that West has been awful? Clearly great news for West owners. Another well thought out post.

You've been confused for years, admitting it is the first step.
The entire browns rushing attack has struggled the last couple weeks, West fared better than Tate did. IMO even looking at YPC metrics on such ridiculously small sample sizes makes no sense.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 am

Yeah terrible week for the Browns run game. Obviously they should have given more touches to the CROW...

But since we all know that, I digress... ;-)
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 pm

TurtleBK wrote:Yeah terrible week for the Browns run game. Obviously they should have given more touches to the CROW...

But since we all know that, I digress... ;-)
Tell me about it, if only the Browns had 1% of the insight into who's better as the geniuses in this thread.

Crow the monster beast would have ran wild out there.

Why isn't this thread buzzing with life like it normally is on Monday's with another game to analyze?