Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:22 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
Rye300 wrote:What from my roster would I need to trade for him? Would Kendall Wright and Darren McFadden be close or Wright and a 2nd?
As a Crowell owner I would want watkins or 1st and Beckham. DMC doesn't belong on a roster and Wright is capped at solid wr2 while Crowell has rb1 upside
That's ridiculously overvaluing Crowell.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am

pa rider wrote:
sct wrote:I acquired him with Julio for Calvin two weeks ago.
Nice trade. Julio has already pulled ahead of Calvin in my eyes.
Highway robbery
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Ioverpayforrookies
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ioverpayforrookies » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Pine Tree wrote:I understand he is very likely the #2, he's listed on the depth chart as #3. Replace what I said with 2nd string if you'd like and it still makes sense.
Yes it still makes sense, Watkins is way too much. But don't make it out to be like Crowell is in the same position as someone like DaJuan Harris. He's either 2nd on the depth chart or in a timeshare with Tate, he gets plenty of touches even with a healthy Tate. I don't know which outdated depth chart you're looking at, but he's clearly not 3rd when he's in reality 2nd, and your "2nd string" is a healthy inactive. Let's just keep things fair, you're trying to grossly undervalue him.
Team 1:
10 team, .5 ppr, 30 man roster - 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 W/R Flex
QB: Brees, Cousins,Winston, Foles, Finley
WR: Julio, Hilton, Edelman Woods, Landry, M. Williams, A. Robinson, Harmon, Meyers, Butler
RB: Gurley, D. Cook, Mack Lindsay, Mixon, Hines, Jon. Williams
TE: Hooper, Everett, Eifert, Irv, I. Thomas

Team 2:
10 team, .5 ppr, 45 man roster, 1QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE 1 W/R/T flex, 1 SF, 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DEF Flex
QB:Brady, Darnold Goff, Foles, Finley
WR: Godwin, Edelman, Kirk, Hilton, Landry, J. Brown A. Miller, MVS, Cobb, AB, Harmon
RB:Gurley, D. Freeman, A. Jones Sanders, Jon. Williams, L. Miller, Ajayi, K. Hunt
TE:Waller, Rudolph Graham, Fells
DT:Phillips
DE:Campbell, R. Quinnp
LB:Leonard, Deion Jones, Barrett, R. Evans/b]
CB:L. Ryan, Jenkins
S:D. James, Simmonsr

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 pm

This week will be interesting with Crowell and West Active.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:20 am

balaberda wrote:This week will be interesting with Crowell and West Active.
a pure mess with all 3 healthy. i own shares in all 3 and to this point i value them all the same. i really think it all comes down to who gets the touches and until there is a large touch discrepency, none are going to be worth the asking price. i guess maybe tate if he's going for the same price as the other 2 since he's the one getting the larger share of touches. i feel most crowell owners think that he is a bell cow back and im not so sure that would be the case now or in the future. very few teams dont use a rbbc approach these days.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:08 am

But most have a a depth chart for a reason. The touches today I think tell a lot.

If Crowell out touches West he's clearly jumped him. Some coaches do weird stuff. I will be interested with all 3 to see how the work is distributed.

Pine Tree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pine Tree » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:36 am

Ioverpayforrookies wrote:
Pine Tree wrote:I understand he is very likely the #2, he's listed on the depth chart as #3. Replace what I said with 2nd string if you'd like and it still makes sense.
Yes it still makes sense, Watkins is way too much. But don't make it out to be like Crowell is in the same position as someone like DaJuan Harris. He's either 2nd on the depth chart or in a timeshare with Tate, he gets plenty of touches even with a healthy Tate. I don't know which outdated depth chart you're looking at, but he's clearly not 3rd when he's in reality 2nd, and your "2nd string" is a healthy inactive. Let's just keep things fair, you're trying to grossly undervalue him.
It was the Browns depth chart from their website, then to be sure I checked the espn depth chat, then to be really sure I checked other websites such as ourlads.com and whatever else google would give me lol point me in the direction of whatever depth charts you know of that are more updated than these

MelsPersianTail
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MelsPersianTail » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Crowell is such a beast.
2 QB PPR 10 Team Flex
QB Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, RG3, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet, EJ Manuel
RB Todd Gurley, Latavious Murray, Darren McFadden, DeAngelo Williams, Tre Mason, Orleans Darkwa, Rashad Jennings.
WR Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey, Julian Edelman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Mike Wallace, Mike Crabtree, Willie Snead, Percy Harvin, Danny Amendola
TE Antonio Gates, Martellus Bennett, LaDarius Green
IR LeVeon Bell

cool_zapp
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cool_zapp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 am

mattvegas1975 wrote:Crowell is such a beast.
Not sure if this is genuine or just sarcasm...

I like Crowell and WHEN Tate gets hurt again I think he will take the starting role. In all honesty I was never a big fan of West.
12 team .5 PPR RB/WR; 1 PPR TE; IDP
Start: QB RB WRWR TE RB/WR/TE RB/WR

QB: Ryan, Prescott
RB: Charles, Forte, Gio, Gurley, Hyde, Perine, Carson, Rodgers, Foreman
WR: AJG, DT, Evans, ARob, Matthews, Parker, P. Cooper, Davis, M. Williams
TE: Eifert, Rudolph, Julius, Cook
IDP

uscman
Starter
Starter

Postby uscman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 am

I have someone strongly thinking about a trade of my Kendall Wright for his Crowell. Do you guys think this would be a win for my team in my sig? And btw, I like Crowell but saying he is worth Watkins or a good prospect and a 1st is outrageous, isn't it? Or is his value really that high now?
12 team 2QB/2TE Devy League

2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2FLEX
.5ppr

QB Murray, Daniels, Garopollo, Heinicke, Book, Rattler

RB Mixon, A Jones, Fournette, Damien Harris, Foreman, Tevin Coleman, J Patterson, Hilliard, Tank Bigsby (D)

WE Evans, Godwin, Kupp, Chark, G Davis, Cobb, T Marshall, Lazard, D Brown, D Bell, Eskridge, M Terrance, Cam Sims, Kayshon Boutte (D), Joe Ngata (D)

TE Everett, P Brown, I Thomas, Parham, Jaeden Graham, Ian Smith, Hunter Bryant

2022 Picks: 2.11, 3.07, 3.11
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 am

Pine Tree wrote:
Ioverpayforrookies wrote:
It was the Browns depth chart from their website, then to be sure I checked the espn depth chat, then to be really sure I checked other websites such as ourlads.com and whatever else google would give me lol point me in the direction of whatever depth charts you know of that are more updated than these
Crowell was the third RB to come into the game in week 7. He only got two carries and no targets in the first half; West got five carries and a catch in the first half, but was benched after failing to convert on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 1 late in the second quarter.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am

Hinting that Crowell is worth Watkins is simply silly talk and statements like that likely are based strongly in some type of irrational bias. There is no factual efidence to back up that nonsense. Not at the NFL level or the NCAA level. Not in their draft status or their depth charts. Nothing of the sort but an owner overvaluing a decent prospect.

Not saying I don't at times overvalue my players. I think we all do. The statement could be true in time but as it stands today - it is no more than wishfull thinking and a completely unsupported guess. That .... is a pet peeve of mine.

Lets think before we click submit people. And... more importantly - lets think things through when it comes to trade values. :wall: :crazy:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

stapel0
Starter
Starter

Postby stapel0 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:14 pm

I think I'd let Crowell go for Watkins. Like, instantly.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:50 pm

I'd estimate that just about 99 % of dynasty owners would.

Thinking otherwise is likely just going against the grain to - go against the grain. No real justifiable logic behind it at this point in time. Like I said - in a year or two or after an injury or something - who knows. But, today - suggesting Crowell is = Sammy is just flat out unrealistic.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:31 pm

stapel0 wrote:I think I'd let Crowell go for Watkins. Like, instantly.
Then I'd immediately begin drafting my message board response explaining that owners need to be accountable for accidental trade proposals and that vetoing this trade is a slipper slope, etc.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF