Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

Postby snitchinsider » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Massive holes for Tate and West late in this third quarter. O-line starting to get it together. That Cowell non-fumble may have ruined his opportunity to steal the job this week after an otherwise impressive performance tonight. Whatever the final YPC shakes up to be isn't going to be representative of how well he played.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:21 pm

So true, disgustingly massive holes for tate and west. If Crowell got those carries and amazing blocking his line would have looked like 18/456/7 considering he is the most talented player in the history of the sport.

Everytime Crowell came into the game they stacked the box with 11men.

The blind Crowell bias in this thread literally blows my mind.

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:So true, disgustingly massive holes for tate and west. If Crowell got those carries and amazing blocking his line would have looked like 18/456/7 considering he is the most talented player in the history of the sport.

Who needs bias? Crowell looked like the best back on the field when all three were involved. Any of the good work West did came at the end of the game grinding out the clock. Excuses are for when someone doesn't play well, not when they do.

If you can't see that Crowell ignited the running game this week then you're lost completely.

P.S. If you don't like people talking about Crowell in a Crowell thread, perhaps you should revive one of the many dead West threads.
Last edited by snitchinsider on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:07 am

so much of rb value is opportunity. until anyone gets major touches, its still a mess so tamper expectations.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am

Crowell looks like a decent back, but he certainly didn't look like the best back on the field. West had a very good game against a tough divisional opponent. He was a workhorse in college, amassing 364 carries his senior year, while Crowell has never had more than 185 carries in a season. That is probably why they never give him more than 12 carries. From what I can tell, Terrance West is a much more well rounded back. He will be the lead back in Cleveland, Crowell will spell him, and Tate will be kicked to the curb ASAP. I have just read some posts in this thread, and while Crowell does have some talent, I really don't see him as a better back than West. West has much better vision, and last night showed exactly where the two stand to the ones that matter: The coaches. A West/Crowell backfield looks to be the future of this team, but West will be the lead dog. Those who invested heavily in Crowell should definitely try and pick up West.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:38 am

Kinda funny...

The former West owner impatiently dropped him a few weeks ago when West was a healthy scratch... I picked him up off waivers... Fast forward to this week, I'm playing the former owner, and have West filling in for an injured Gio... And West drops 15 points on him for me... lol Impatience is amusing to me! heh
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 am

snitchinsider wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:So true, disgustingly massive holes for tate and west. If Crowell got those carries and amazing blocking his line would have looked like 18/456/7 considering he is the most talented player in the history of the sport.

Who needs bias? Crowell looked like the best back on the field when all three were involved. Any of the good work West did came at the end of the game grinding out the clock. Excuses are for when someone doesn't play well, not when they do.

If you can't see that Crowell ignited the running game this week then you're lost completely.

P.S. If you don't like people talking about Crowell in a Crowell thread, perhaps you should revive one of the many dead West threads.
Crowell and his blistering 3.4 YPC? Come on. What ignited the run game was spelling 3 different backs, all with different styles, (being kept fresh, but not getting cold on the bench) coming in and wearing down their opponent. Then they put in the player who they deem the best to come in and eat up the clock. That would be West. Crowell is a good back, but West is clearly going to be "the guy" in Cleveland.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:52 am

Since opening the season against Pittsburgh with a 16/100/0 stat line, West has averaged 3.24 ypc. Meanwhile, Crowell has averaged 4.49 ypc since week 1. Watching West play, he is the personification of "Just Another Guy". Crowell appears to be much more explosive and a decidedly better runner than West, however his issue is ball security. If Crowell can correct his fumbling, he has the potential to be very good. If he cannot improve his ball security, then it's anybody's guess how this backfield will evolve. In any case, the Cleveland run offense could be potent next year with the return of Gordon and Mack.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 am

I am buying this backfield everywhere. Lets not forget they have 2 first rounders too. I would wan't both West + Crowell because this team is actually turning it around and may be a monster rushing team for years to come.

fellner593
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fellner593 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 am

I like Crowell...a lot. He runs angry and cuts hard for a big guy.

West has a motor and I like how he keeps his legs pumping when moving through a group of defenders. He looked hard to tackle last night.

But it seems like the Browns are really going to have a true RBBC. With my being a Browns fan that is awesome. As a Crowell owner not so much. I look for all three backs to get ample playing time in the future. I think they all have a chance to be productive. Sadly there are going to be weeks where somebody doesn't get their run and that will be unpredictable. Tate won't be around forever. Soon enough it will be strictly the West/Crowell show...or vice versa.
12 Team PPR 3rd Year Dynasty (flex 1 RB,WR or TE)
QB: Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Carlos Hyde,, Ryan Mathews, Rashad Jennings, Darren Sproles, Robert Turbin, Kerwynn Williams Marion Grice (taxi)
WR: Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Mohammad Sanu, Josh Gordon
TE: Martellus Bennett, Vernon Davis, Troy Niklas (taxi)
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Minnesota

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

For a guy that "runs angry" he sure goes down on first contact A LOT. It almost looked like he gets creamed every time he's hit for some reason, even had a friend text me that during the game too. That doesn't have much to do with going down on first contact, but it's odd.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 am

Recent TL tweets from 4for4_Josh about the Browns RB situation.
Josh Moore @4for4_Josh
So we got #Browns RB #fantasyfootball rank correct last night, West > Tate > Crow, but the touch distribution appears to be entirely random.

Josh Moore @4for4_Josh
Crow & Tate reached double digit touches before West. Not clear at all. RT @mstrbass2000: west clearly the #1 back with 24+ carries

Josh Moore @4for4_Josh
West 3.6, Crow & Tate 3.4, so the same. RT @mstrbass2000: do you know what the break down was on yds per carry for all 3 ???

Josh Moore @4for4_Josh
CLE RB touches by Q
1Q: West 7, Tate 1+TD, Crow 0
2Q: West 2, Tate 3, Crow 8+TD
3Q: West 6+TD, Tate 5, Crow 4
4Q: West 11, Tate 3, Crow 0

Josh Moore @4for4_Josh
Crowell didn’t get a touch after his fumble that was clearly not a fumble and reversed. West non-fumble had no impact.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Things can change, but a few weeks ago, Kyle Shanahan said that he wanted someone to separate themselves. Then, after Sunday's game, Pettine said that when you watch the film of all 3, and the way they practice, he felt West deserved the most carries. Over the last 2 games the carries look like this.

West- 41
Tate-20
Crowell-12

It appears that this coaching staff believe that West is deserving of the most carries by quite a large margin, at least for now. I still believe that Crowell will bypass Tate, and the two rookies will be featured more often in the future, BUT, I believe West is much more likely to be the lead back. He does not run as "angry" as Crowell, but is much more fluid and has very good vision and sets up blocks better IMO. He seems to have much more trust from the coaches, as exemplified by his near fumble on the TD not affecting the fact that in the late part of the game it was him getting the rock to wear down the clock. West definitely looks more than "just another guy", as someone stated. He is a bell cow type back who has proven in college to be able to rack up the carries and keep on ticking, and 26 carries in a big divisional game shows how much the coaches like/trust him already. He is built to be an AFC North running back, and playing his college ball at Townson (Baltimore) in bad weather definitely helps his cause.

fellner593
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fellner593 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:25 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:For a guy that "runs angry" he sure goes down on first contact A LOT. It almost looked like he gets creamed every time he's hit for some reason, even had a friend text me that during the game too. That doesn't have much to do with going down on first contact, but it's odd.
I don't disagree. I think sometimes he tries to make himself small by running low to the ground. The benefit being that he sometimes is able to make some sneaky cuts and evade defenders. I think the consequence tends to be that when he does get hit he goes down quicker.
12 Team PPR 3rd Year Dynasty (flex 1 RB,WR or TE)
QB: Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Carlos Hyde,, Ryan Mathews, Rashad Jennings, Darren Sproles, Robert Turbin, Kerwynn Williams Marion Grice (taxi)
WR: Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Mohammad Sanu, Josh Gordon
TE: Martellus Bennett, Vernon Davis, Troy Niklas (taxi)
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Minnesota

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:00 pm

NanceUSMC wrote:Kinda funny...

The former West owner impatiently dropped him a few weeks ago when West was a healthy scratch... I picked him up off waivers... Fast forward to this week, I'm playing the former owner, and have West filling in for an injured Gio... And West drops 15 points on him for me... lol Impatience is amusing to me! heh
Obviously exciting to add West through waivers, however I'd be more concerned with the ineptitude of the owner...