Offseason free agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Offseason free agency

Postby Yung Don » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:17 am

In dynasty leagues, how do you guys set up offseason player drops and pickups? Originally I was thinking of locking all rosters from the superbowl until the rookie draft, and then piling all unrostered players with rookies for an annual draft every may. Does anybody use FCFS all offseason, and then only draft rookies in the spring? I'm curious because FCFS seems a little intense during the NFL free agency period, where players values can skyrocket or plunge depending on their new situation. Perhaps a system with more checks and balances will ensure that one team can't just snag as many players as possible before a weaker team can during NFL free agency. What works for you guys?
The Yung Don Soda Boy's 2014 Champions, 2015 Champions, 2016 3rd Place, 2020 3rd Place, 2021 2nd Place
12 Team, .5 PPR, 35 man roster, IDP: 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
QB: Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Rhamondre Stevenson, Brian Robinson Jr., Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Pierre Strong, Israel Abanikanda, Damien Harris, Deuce Vaughn
WR: Rashee Rice, Jayden Reed, Calvin Ridley,, Jerry Jeudy, Juju Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Kyle Phillips, A.T. Perry, Dyami Brown, Xavier Hutchinson, Charlie Jones, Kayshon Boutte
TE: TJ Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry, Harrison Bryant
DL: Deforest Buckner, Cameron Jordan
LB: Devin White, Fred Warner, Robert Spillane
DB: Jeremy Chinn, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamal Adams

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Offseason free agency

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:02 am

In my league FA locks following fantasy season, the rookie/FA draft occurs in late May, then blind bid waivers open and clear right before preseason. They then lock again during preseason, with blind bid waivers again processing once preseason ends. This ensures everyone gets a chance at all the guys depending on their willing to bid price instead of 'I got here 10 seconds before you when the news broke'.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Offseason free agency

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 am

I am happy with how my league works:

Adds are locked after the fantasy season ends. They are locked until after the rookie/FA draft which takes place after the third week of pre-season games. Drops and trades are open all year.