Demetrius Harris: The next big thing?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Demetrius Harris: The next big thing?

Postby DJB » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:01 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:I shrugged off the reports about Cameron/Julius last year, so I only ended up with Julius on 1 of my 8 teams I had going last yet. I won't make that mistake again. I stashed Harris in several leagues before the DLF article came out on him.

Of course now that I have him stashed in so many leagues, that means he'll never end up amounting to anything. lol
Great so it will be your fault! :ewink:
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:45 am

How does Harris compare to Erik Swoope IND TE?

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:05 am

An owner in my league dumped Kelce a few months after drafting him when the micro fracture surgery occurred. I've always had my eye on Kelce so I scooped him up right away as it was a poor week for my team and I had priority on waivers.

Anywho, I know what Microfracture surgery entails and how long it takes to recover from it so when I heard Travis was missing OTA's from lingering knee issues (sounded simple but what do we really know) it was coinciding around the same time Andy Reid was hyping up D.Harris, so I plucked Harris from waivers then.

Ideally, I do not want to go into the season with both Kelce and Harris, so I'm holding onto Harris up until the last possible minute. If Kelce breaks down, I have a contingency, but I'm rooting for Kelce to be the man to take the job, if not, I have Harris.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 am

Bulldogs wrote:How does Harris compare to Erik Swoope IND TE?
Harris is superior in regards to the measurable numbers. However, they are both genuinely unknown assets on the football field.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:41 am

Fun, useless fact: Warren Sapp at 300lbs ran a 40 as fast as Gronk & Thomas, and faster than Finley & Rudolph.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Aaron Donald ran 4.68 this year... Scary.

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm

As someone that knows Reid very well, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he had a plan to get Kelce on the field (Gronk) and another athletic TE to pair with him on the other side. Reids done decently well with TEs in the past and has gotten production out of average talents. Reid has a plan going in and wouldnt surprise me if he wants to adopt the 12 personal rather than getting 3 deep at WR. Harris is just a intriguing freak athlete flier, his career is in his hands. I'd roster him for a couple years and would rather not be the guy who dropped him too early.
30 man roster 10 team Dynasty- PPR, 6 point passing TDs 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE
QB: R. Wilson, Foles
RB: E. Lacy, C. Michael, J.Stewart, Bradshaw, L. Taliaferro, J. Starks, B. Cunningham
WR: J. Jones, R. Cobb, M. Evans, J. Blackmon, B. Quick, J. Gordon, Marlon Brown, A. Wilson, J. Janis, M. Wilson, J. Huff, J Wright
TE: Kelce, Bennett

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:38 pm

DynastyZ33 wrote:As someone that knows Reid very well, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he had a plan to get Kelce on the field (Gronk) and another athletic TE to pair with him on the other side. Reids done decently well with TEs in the past and has gotten production out of average talents. Reid has a plan going in and wouldnt surprise me if he wants to adopt the 12 personal rather than getting 3 deep at WR. Harris is just a intriguing freak athlete flier, his career is in his hands. I'd roster him for a couple years and would rather not be the guy who dropped him too early.
The 12 personnel is a popular trend right now for sure. I read that in OTAs he was often used in the slot instead of an inline TE, which is another way he could see the field quite often (since KC has jack for slot receivers, or receivers period).

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Matticus wrote:
DynastyZ33 wrote:As someone that knows Reid very well, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he had a plan to get Kelce on the field (Gronk) and another athletic TE to pair with him on the other side. Reids done decently well with TEs in the past and has gotten production out of average talents. Reid has a plan going in and wouldnt surprise me if he wants to adopt the 12 personal rather than getting 3 deep at WR. Harris is just a intriguing freak athlete flier, his career is in his hands. I'd roster him for a couple years and would rather not be the guy who dropped him too early.
The 12 personnel is a popular trend right now for sure. I read that in OTAs he was often used in the slot instead of an inline TE, which is another way he could see the field quite often (since KC has jack for slot receivers, or receivers period).
Also, when you look at the KC WRs it's easy to see why they'd prefer to put Kelce and Harris on the field.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Matticus wrote:
Dammit. After your comment about Harris behing lined up in the slot, I've really got to follow this closely. I'm chasing too many athletic TEs as it is!
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Too much smoke coming out of KC on a weekly basis now to leave this guy on the WW if you have any end of the bench spots open.

I usually try to keep 1-2 spots open to rotate between WW players throughout the offseason until one gets to a point where they receive enough hype to stick, and Demetrius is closing in on that point.

He could be something, or he could be nothing...but his measurables and amount of hype so far are too much to ignore when the price is $Free.Thirty.Free off the WW.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

BloodThirstyOj's
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BloodThirstyOj's » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Don't forget that KC was 2nd in the NFL throwing to TE...... They didn't get any WR's during free agency or draft any WR's. Andy Reids team never really have WR1 consistency fantasy production except for when they had Terrell Owens. I would only have a QB,RB or TE in fantasy when it comes to Reids offense. I have both Kelce and Harris due to the fact Micro-fracture surgery is no joke. Just my .02
Team 1
12 Team PPR
Foles, Roethlisberger, Garoppolo
Charles,Peterson,JBell,KDavis,Helu,Freeman,Carey,Asiata,
ABrown,TY,DJackson,ShortsIII,Cruz,AHolmes,Streater,Janis,Boykins
Olsen,,TKelce
Buffalo
Picks

Team 2
Rodgers,Cutler,Flacco
McCoy,Morris,Jennings,Shoelace,Gerhart,Storm,CjAnderson,Polk,Helu
ABrown,Nelson,Hopkins,Stills,Boldin,Baldwin,AHolmes,Boykin,Huff
VDavis,Gates,Wright,Lewis,Celek
KC,
Picks
1.2, 3.4

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
Bulldogs wrote:How does Harris compare to Erik Swoope IND TE?
Harris is superior in regards to the measurable numbers. However, they are both genuinely unknown assets on the football field.
Harris much moreso than Kelce. At least Kelce actually had an elite year of college production at the position. His dominator rating was better than Eifert's.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Matticus wrote:
This.

Kelce has to be considered a near-lock for in-line duties going forward, health providing. He compares well to Heath Miller and even Gronk.

If Harris is going to make it, it's going to be as a move-TE. That being said, analysts seem to think De'Anthony Thomas is going to be developed for slot duties.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Demetrius Harris' main competition for the 3rd TE roster spot retired (Sean McGrath), so he should definitely make the 53 man roster in KC.