Sell
29%

Total votes: 95

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Poll: Josh Gordon Hold or Sell

Postby captain_insano » Wed May 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Just curious how many Gordon owners out there have decided to hold or sell.

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Poll: Josh Gordon Hold or Sell

Postby MrBalloonHands » Wed May 28, 2014 7:52 pm

In my opinion, he is a must-hold.

Unless you own him in a salary league that has escalating contracts the cost to hold is too low for his talent. Selling now would earn you cents on the potential dollar.

For me, the question is when do you draft him in start-up leagues? in non-salary leagues I think he is absolutely worth a late pick but the timing will be tough.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 28, 2014 8:02 pm

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Josh Gordon was in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program at the time of his latest alleged positive test.
It's a crucial distinction because a violation in Stage 3 carries a minimum suspension of one year. Afterward, players must apply for reinstatement to the NFL. Meanwhile, both Gordon and the league have maintained complete silence since the story broke in early May. Gordon's camp is appealing on unknown grounds. Even if the league's archaic marijuana punishments are on the verge of being modernized, we doubt Roger Goodell is going to show leniency to a Stage 3 offender.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Angus Osborne
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Angus Osborne » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

I don't have him anymore, but I'd sell him if I could get a decent trade.

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Easy hold for me. What's the alternative? Take a loss on a player because you are afraid of the possible end effect? No guts no glory.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed May 28, 2014 9:01 pm

whatever you do, you have to be able to live with the consequences. im holding, but i have a very bad feeling about it. i wouldnt be suprised if we dont see him play another snap if he actually gets suspended. a suspension would mean that he has to apply to be reinstated after a year, this guy isnt going to do that. he's gonna take the money he's already made and go catch a buzz. his history has shown where his priorities are.

im holding unless i get a solid offer, but dont feel good about it at all.

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Wed May 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Surprised there aren't any sells yet. Maybe I should make one of the options "I tried to sell but they didn't want him".

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 pm

I own Gordon nowhere, but I believe he's both a "hold" and a "sell" depending on situation. It just depends on your roster, the type of value you can get for him, your confidence in him regaining his value, and how much risk you are comfortable taking on with the value that he still currently holds. 75 cents on the dollar and I sell Gordon, 40-50 cents on the dollar and I hold.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Unless Josh a Gordon dies, there will always be someone in your league willing to trade for him, especially when playoff time rolls around and people can't contend anymore, they'll want to stash him for the next year and make a comeback. I'd like to buy him. Thinking of offering Crabtree.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed May 28, 2014 9:47 pm

He's a hold. Otherwise you are selling lower than the possible future production. The return in trade value right now isn't good enough to stop you from holding him and just hoping he gets his crap together. I sell players before I think they are going to decline in value. If a player surprises me with a decline in value, then they just get buried at the bottom of the roster. I don't sell to cut my loses. I sell for profit or there is no point in selling.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 am

I have no idea what any of you are talking about, I never see any of these "pennies on the dollar" scenarios. I do, however see tons of scenarios where he is still being valued like a monster stud. He is a must sell if you get any kind of semi-decent value for him, because most idiots out there still think he's only going to get a 4-6 game suspension and his value will tank once he gets the boot for a full season.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67897&start=75

Look at page 6 of this thread (very recent), people are still getting massive hauls for Josh Gordon for some unknown reason.

Victor Cruz, Christine Michael, and the 1.07 for Josh Gordon. Are you kidding?

Ryan Matthews and Victor Cruz? another auto-accept.

Trade him right now if you get any offers anywhere close to these. I would trade him for a late 1st rounder right now.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu May 29, 2014 8:47 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I have no idea what any of you are talking about, I never see any of these "pennies on the dollar" scenarios. I do, however see tons of scenarios where he is still being valued like a monster stud. He is a must sell if you get any kind of semi-decent value for him, because most idiots out there still think he's only going to get a 4-6 game suspension and his value will tank once he gets the boot for a full season.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67897&start=75

Look at page 6 of this thread (very recent), people are still getting massive hauls for Josh Gordon for some unknown reason.

Victor Cruz, Christine Michael, and the 1.07 for Josh Gordon. Are you kidding?

Ryan Matthews and Victor Cruz? another auto-accept.

Trade him right now if you get any offers anywhere close to these. I would trade him for a late 1st rounder right now.
I guess it depends on your league. Maybe these are yahoo public league or an office league, that might be easier to move Gordon in for good value due to the league makeup. All my leagues have members that are pretty serious about ff, so there are no "idiots" (as you call them) to take advantage of and exploit for my own gain like some might.

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 am

I will buy him all day for a major discount. An owner panicking in one of my dynasty leagues just sent me Gordon for my 2.07 in a rookie draft.
I will gladly assume the risk at that price.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu May 29, 2014 9:29 am

Typhus wrote:I will buy him all day for a major discount. An owner panicking in one of my dynasty leagues just sent me Gordon for my 2.07 in a rookie draft.
I will gladly assume the risk at that price.
nice

Wicked Cool Dude
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wicked Cool Dude » Thu May 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I own him in two leagues and would easily buy him in another if I could get him for my 1.10. Maybe I'm an optimist but to me he has upside to be the next Megatron or downside to be the next Blackmon but if you have a competitive team like I do you aren't getting a player of his stature in the draft so you have to roll the dice. Call me a Belichick disciple but I would rather take a chance on getting a game changer and miss out on guy who will most likely be a JAG or at best a 2nd tier talent. Could that pick turn into this year's Keenan Allen, sure, but odds are more likely that pick will be a mid tier player or a roster clogging bust in 2-3 years while Gordon will either be a stud and one of the top dynasty assets around if he gets his stuff together or will be off my team and out of the NFL.
American Mojo - Dynasty League, 6 PT TDs for all, Mandatory BUs
QBs - Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill
RBs - Doug Martin, Demarco , Ridley, Vereen, Christine Michael, Rainey
WRs - Demaryius, Fitz, Roddy, C Shorts, Da'Rick, Davante
TEs - Gronk, C Clay
K - Graham, Walsh
D - Seattle, NE

Doll Faced Killers - 35 Man Roster Die-nasty League, Superflex, 6 PT TDs for all, No Ks
QBs - Brees, Brady, Vick, Henne, Dysert, Garropolo, Savage, Aaron Murray
RBs - Ball, S-Jax, L Miller, McFadden, Latavius, Khiry, Hillman, Sankey
WRs - J Gordon, Fitz, James Jones, C Shorts, Hartline, Dobson, Quick, Davante Adams, John Brown, TJ Jones, Charles Johnson
TEs - Gronk, Gates, Fauria, Toilolo, AC Leonard, Erik Swoope
Ds - San Fran, NO