What are your go to Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Azhais
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What are your go to Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby Azhais » Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 pm

I enjoy PFF's IDP podcast. Ross Miles and Jeff Ratcliffe do a good job. Its mostly redraft oriented, but they do touch on dynasty stashes quite often

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Wed May 28, 2014 4:17 am

Azhais wrote:I enjoy PFF's IDP podcast. Ross Miles and Jeff Ratcliffe do a good job. Its mostly redraft oriented, but they do touch on dynasty stashes quite often
Are they still uploading? I check the PFF youtube page periodically but there never seems to be anything there.

Azhais
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Azhais » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 am

WelkerTexasRanger wrote:
Azhais wrote:I enjoy PFF's IDP podcast. Ross Miles and Jeff Ratcliffe do a good job. Its mostly redraft oriented, but they do touch on dynasty stashes quite often
Are they still uploading? I check the PFF youtube page periodically but there never seems to be anything there.
They don't do a lot of offseason shows until preseason is nigh. iTunes does show an episode from 5/20 however, so somewhat recent.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 am

where do you guys get enough hours in the day to listen to all them?
during the season football guys has atleast 10 hours or so of podcasts
DFL also has a few hours worth.

Sometimes I'll listen to shutdown corner and ATL. and I am at a days worth of podcasts.

that said.. I'll need to check out these other podcasts for dynasty talk.
#cantgetenoughfootball

also are all the podcast mentioned above on itunes?

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Wed May 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Ross Tucker Football Podcast is easily my favorite podcast. For Fantasy, I like ESPN's Fantasy Focus and also The Fantasy Underground with Christopher Harris who is probably the most knowledgeable fantasy writer at ESPN. Writers like Matthew Berry, although I like him, are more entertainers than fantasy analysts IMO.

I'm glad I read this thread, I'm going to have to check out some of the other podcasts that were mentioned.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed May 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Ross Tucker is great for reality football talk or fantasy?

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed May 28, 2014 1:54 pm

ebsteelers wrote:Ross Tucker is great for reality football talk or fantasy?
Reality but he does a ton of draft stuff which obviously has merit for dynasty purposes. He has a guest each episode and they are all top notch. If you do nothing else just listen to the episodes with Gregg Cossell. Cossell is probably the most respected tape watcher in the game.

Also if you just want want fantasy talk Ross announced hes starting a weekly Fantasy podcast later this summer with Evan Silva of rotoworld.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed May 28, 2014 6:25 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
ebsteelers wrote:Ross Tucker is great for reality football talk or fantasy?
Reality but he does a ton of draft stuff which obviously has merit for dynasty purposes. He has a guest each episode and they are all top notch. If you do nothing else just listen to the episodes with Gregg Cossell. Cossell is probably the most respected tape watcher in the game.

Also if you just want want fantasy talk Ross announced hes starting a weekly Fantasy podcast later this summer with Evan Silva of rotoworld.

cool.. will have to check him out

I also listen to ATL (around the league) once in a while.. not a regular listen for me but they sometimes have some good stuff on there.

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Wed May 28, 2014 6:46 pm

ebsteelers wrote:where do you guys get enough hours in the day to listen to all them?

Sometimes I'll listen to shutdown corner and ATL. and I am at a days worth of podcasts.

#cantgetenoughfootball

My way into work and home, while doing house work, cutting the grass, painting, mindless tasks at work, after kids and wife go to bed I go for a walk around the block a few times, I set the sleep timer on my app and listen as I go to sleep.
Another thing that helps is using a pod manager. I use beyond pod for android. I set the playback speed to 1 5x so an hour pod is 45 minutes.

My pod manager reads from rss feeds. Anything with an rss feed can be added

bigmac9812
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bigmac9812 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Dynasty Nerds, UTH, Faked Goods
Twitter: @bigmac9812

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed May 28, 2014 7:53 pm

basilthesnake wrote:
ebsteelers wrote:where do you guys get enough hours in the day to listen to all them?

#cantgetenoughfootball

My way into work and home, while doing house work, cutting the grass, painting, mindless tasks at work, after kids and wife go to bed I go for a walk around the block a few times, I set the sleep timer on my app and listen as I go to sleep.
Another thing that helps is using a pod manager. I use beyond pod for android. I set the playback speed to 1 5x so an hour pod is 45 minutes.

My pod manager reads from rss feeds. Anything with an rss feed can be added

Cool yeah i usually get in about 2 hours or so between the ride 2 and from work as well.

the only ones I can really say I am not a fan of are the ESPN ones.. maybe its just me but the main stream podcasts, ESPN, and NFL.com ones are okay at best.. just not my style I guess. I am more into the off the beaten path ones that the really fantasy junkies are into. The ones that run podcast year round, and actually give you worth while information and not just some bs that espn throws out there

lot of good information in here. and podcasts I will start checking out on itunes.

good work guys

KardiacKid
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby KardiacKid » Thu May 29, 2014 4:29 am

UTH is good and I will be checking out Evan Silvas new one with Ross Tucker. My favorite podcast out right now is the Dynasty Nerds podcast.

ThatDude
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ThatDude » Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Two Mugs FF Podcast is really good in my opinion and they do talk plenty from a dynasty angle.

The DLF podcast is good though Tim gets a bit too locked in on his own guys sometimes. I think he spent as much time talking about Sammy Watkins in the last 4 months as he did the entire rest of the draft class after he made a trade to get Watkins.

Does anybody know a good IDP Dynasty podcast. That PFF one is the only IDP podcast I know of. That's a void that DLF should try to fill right now....the IDP content now doesn't get past the initial reports. I'd trade ten devy league articles and countdowns and whatever for one on IDP rookies.

rg

Cutlip9
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cutlip9 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:05 am

As mentioned already, Dynasty Nerds has a really good one. just seconding that notion.
10 team non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DL, LB, DB
22 man roster, 1 IR spot
The Lip's Edge:
QB's-Brees, Winston
RB's-Peterson, Ingram, Gore, Michael, Miller, Crowell, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Rawls
WR's-Julio, OBJ, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Brandon Coleman, Green-Beckham
TE's-Kelce
K-Catanzaro
DL-M. Wilkerson
LB-Bowman
DB-Berry

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm

how is uth insider on there site?

worth the buy?