what is SJax value this off-season?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
carmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

what is SJax value this off-season?

Postby carmo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:43 pm

I cant see letting him go for a 3rd or 4th or am I asking too much for a 2nd? just seems like I would rather ride him out then let him go for a 3rd or 4th.. team below
(Entering 3rd season)12 team (6playoff) (.5 ppr), dec scoring, WR=TE's (1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex, 1d,1k) --20 regular season roster + 2 practice squad spots reserved for rookies only
2012 Runner-Up
QBs- Brady, Cutler
RBs- Charles, Forte, SJAX, D. Brown, B. Bolden
WRs- Gronkowski, Cobb, Nelson, Patterson, J. Cameron, J. Reed, T. Wright, Gonzo* (retired)
PICKS 2014 - 1.6, 3.4, 4.3, 4.4
PICKS 2015-- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Re: what is SJax value this off-season?

Postby Scorpio78 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Got to ride him out at this point I would think. He should still be the lead back in a committee and get the goal-line carries for an offense that figures to rebound. He's valuable insurance for Charles and Forte...and could produce serviceable low end RB2 numbers...you're more than likely not going to find a guy like that with a 3rd or 4th round pick...or even a 2nd. If Gronk and Reed are able to stay healthy, you're team will be in the hunt...so you don't want to give away a guy who could provide valuable depth during the regular season.

carmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby carmo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Scorpio78 wrote:Got to ride him out at this point I would think. He should still be the lead back in a committee and get the goal-line carries for an offense that figures to rebound. He's valuable insurance for Charles and Forte...and could produce serviceable low end RB2 numbers...you're more than likely not going to find a guy like that with a 3rd or 4th round pick...or even a 2nd. If Gronk and Reed are able to stay healthy, you're team will be in the hunt...so you don't want to give away a guy who could provide valuable depth during the regular season.

Ya i agree he will be a good complement to those guys or at least can be for half the season and with those guys Im def n Win now and with 30+ yr old QBs lol... he def will be TD dependent however.
(Entering 3rd season)12 team (6playoff) (.5 ppr), dec scoring, WR=TE's (1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex, 1d,1k) --20 regular season roster + 2 practice squad spots reserved for rookies only
2012 Runner-Up
QBs- Brady, Cutler
WRs- Gronkowski, Cobb, Nelson, Patterson, J. Cameron, J. Reed, T. Wright, Gonzo* (retired)

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:39 pm

carmo wrote:
Scorpio78 wrote:Got to ride him out at this point I would think. He should still be the lead back in a committee and get the goal-line carries for an offense that figures to rebound. He's valuable insurance for Charles and Forte...and could produce serviceable low end RB2 numbers...you're more than likely not going to find a guy like that with a 3rd or 4th round pick...or even a 2nd. If Gronk and Reed are able to stay healthy, you're team will be in the hunt...so you don't want to give away a guy who could provide valuable depth during the regular season.

Ya i agree he will be a good complement to those guys or at least can be for half the season and with those guys Im def n Win now and with 30+ yr old QBs lol... he def will be TD dependent however.
I agree with all of this. I put SJax in the same boat as guys like Ray Rice. The value is just not there right now, and most owners are going crazy for rookie and youth. RB's like SJax will have their time (assuming they produce). I don't think you have much of a choice other than to hold and hope you can flip them during the season. Somebody always needs a RB during the season.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tackling dummies » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 am

Slim right now and after the draft (or in FA), closer to a part-of-a-rotation-time-sharing-nothing. He's inching closer to roster clutter, injury/bye week filler in 12 team leagues.

Jynxed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jynxed » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am

Start up 32 team league I got him in the 6th round after practically every rb under contract was gone so I guess his value is pretty low although I think he was a steal where I got him.
24 teams, 40 roster spot/40 Keeper, PPR, QB passing td's 4pts all other td's 6
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 4DB, 3LB, 3DL
QB:R.Wilson,Tannehill, M.Moore
RB: D.Martin, M. Lynch, M.Ball, L. Dunbar, M.James
WR:E.Sanders, TY Hilton, V. Cruz, R. Woods, J. Kearse, J. Brown(PIT)
TE: E. Ebron, L. Willson,
DB: M. Mitchell, B. Grimes, D. Trufant, L. Ryan, A. Talib, M.Wright, E.J. Gaines
DL: J.Smith K. Williams, J. Hankins C. Mcdonald, W.Sutton, R.Hageman
LB: N. Bowman, D. Johnson, R. Kerrigan, P. Worrilow, J. Bostic, J. Sheard, M.Smith(PHI), L.Foote, R.Mcclain, C. Jones

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 am

I love the guy, but I honestly forgot Sjax even played football anymore... so that's about where his value is right now haha

If I had a very strong team but needed RB2-3 help.. I MIGHT give up an early-mid 3rd? Even then I'd be hesitant. I do think he could be a nice buy low/rental player for the year though.. so he's likely one of those players you're holding if you own and not going to be able to buy if you don't (because his owners wont see value in a 3rd/4th and would rather just hold for the off chance he pieces together a decent season)
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 am

Age doesn't matter;

He's locked and loaded as a high-end RB1, just like he was going into last season...ya know, because age doesn't matter.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:51 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Age doesn't matter;

He's locked and loaded as a high-end RB1, just like he was going into last season...ya know, because age doesn't matter.
Working on a blockbuster deal that will send me Fred Jackson, Willis McGahee, and SJax for the 1.02 and 1.04. Proven studs!!!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm

georg013 wrote:

Working on a blockbuster deal that will send me Fred Jackson, Willis McGahee, and SJax for the 1.02 and 1.04. Proven studs!!!
Pull the trigger, you can't pass up that kind of proven talent for complete powerball lottery tickets. Id say there is about a 1 in 100 million chance you get a stud from one of those picks.

I may try to squeeze Michael Turner out of the guy before you finalize the deal.

carmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby carmo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

georg013 wrote:

McGahee will be out of football , Fjax and Sjax are risky 1 year rentals, wouldnt be giving up a 1st or 2 of them for that matter for these guys
2012 Runner-Up
QBs- Brady, Cutler

princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby princey98 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 pm

I knew somebody would totally miss the sarcasm

carmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby carmo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:29 pm

princey98 wrote:I knew somebody would totally miss the sarcasm
i got owned :) lol
2012 Runner-Up
QBs- Brady, Cutler

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:58 pm

If u target other old guys you can probably get value out of him. I just sold him for R. Wayne, 3.04, 2015 3rd. Find someone that's a contender and needs a RB3/insurance policy and you may get something decent for him. Maybe Welker? Boldin and a 2nd? Maybe you could swing an A. Johnson even.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
georg013 wrote:

Pull the trigger, you can't pass up that kind of proven talent for complete powerball lottery tickets. Id say there is about a 1 in 100 million chance you get a stud from one of those picks.

I may try to squeeze Michael Turner out of the guy before you finalize the deal.
I thought about asking for Turner as a throw in but I got shot down. He then offered TRich as part of the package at which point I shot HIM down.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry