Graphics for MFL site

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Graphics for MFL site

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:07 pm

oh and this is one of my favs... It was a redraft auction league i ran last year with an Entourage theme!

http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/63849#0

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:00 pm

I have experience with creating graphics using both photoshop at work and gimp at home. Are you saying you did all of these sites with no css manipulations?

hooked82
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hooked82 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
Dingram wrote:
basilthesnake wrote:http://nitrografixx.com/

http://www.dagrafixdesigns.com/09-templates.html

This stuff is not necessarily cheap, but mostly the one time cost, then some maintenance from year to year. I have looked into using templates from these site, but have opted instead to just keep using the default look. My leaguemates like to change team names and logos often. These templates are set up to not allow that so easily.
Holy cow not cheap is right. After seeing some of the super awesome layouts, I decided I wanted one. Went to nitro website, um $280 for a homepage? Wow, didn't think it would be nearly that much. That's crazy. Is it really that much work that they have to charge nearly $300? That's crazy
It is a lot of work. I spend any where from 30 minutes to 2 hours when i make a banner or team icon. BUT the crap they are selling is a template, meaning they just add your info. So no it takes them a few minutes to tweak their templates.
If you think about it, let's say Professional Web/Graphics Design would cost you $100/hour, that's 3 hours worth of work. I would say that at least 30-40 hours go into each template originally. Then you get custom team logos, banner, etc. which is a few hours to do so.

It's quite a bit of time, so you gotta make your time/money back somehow. Being in the industry, I think it's priced pretty well. Just hard to take the hit when that money can go towards winnings.
12-Team PPR, IDP (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1PK, 2LB, 2DB, 1DL)
QB - R. Wilson, Manuel, S. Bradford(IR)
RB - D. Martin, B. Tate, Ivory, Knile Davis, CJ Anderson, B.Cunningham, Taliaferro
WR - Julio, AJG, Harvin, Watkins, Blackmon, D.Moore, Stills, J.Hunter, M.Jones, Thompkins, D.Baldwin, S.Bailey, D. Adams, P.Rich
TE - Cameron, Rudolph, Cook, T. Wright, L. Willson
PK - R. Gould
DL - J. Allen, D. Poe, JPP, M. Johnson
LB - L. David, R. Mathis, P. Worrilow, C. Lofton, P. Riley, S. Tulloch, Telvin Smith
DB - T.J. Ward, B. Pollard, H. Smith, B. Skrine, S. Gilmore, M. Mitchell, C. Hayward

16-Team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1PK)
QB - Cutler, Freeman
RB - B.Powell, Starks, Todman, CJ.Anderson, C.Sims
WR - Hopkins, Evans, Beckham, Moncrief, P.Richardson, D.Baldwin, H.Douglas, Jernigan, Burleson, S.Holmes, R.Matthews, A.Holmes
TE - ASJ, Amaro, B.Celek, L.Willson, T.Wright
PK - M.Prater

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:50 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:Hey MARKinMI -

How do you get the actual champions to show up on the League Plaques?

I've got that Icon on the Home Page, but it isn't showing any champion, yet I've defined the Awards/Champions.
I dont use MFL's champions' plaques I make my own. But when i did use them, they updated the plaque at the league page changeover.

Can u expand on this?

This is a new 2014 league site that I've already rolled over from my 2013 league. They are linked and everything, I even named/made the awards/champions.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

basilthesnake wrote:
I have experience with creating graphics using both photoshop at work and gimp at home. Are you saying you did all of these sites with no css manipulations?
That's exactly what I'm saying

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:Hey MARKinMI -

How do you get the actual champions to show up on the League Plaques?

I've got that Icon on the Home Page, but it isn't showing any champion, yet I've defined the Awards/Champions.
I dont use MFL's champions' plaques I make my own. But when i did use them, they updated the plaque at the league page changeover.

Can u expand on this?

This is a new 2014 league site that I've already rolled over from my 2013 league. They are linked and everything, I even named/made the awards/champions.
I'm not sure what to tell you. There's really nothing you have to do if the leagues are linked from one year to the next. As i said I make my own now but that sounds like a question for the MFL help center. They are usually very helpful and get back to you in 24 hours

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:57 am

For instance, I just spruced up DLF member Dingram's league page for his local league in about 3 days using no CSS whatsoever. Here's a link: http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/49859#0

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:00 am

Very cool, I've been trying to do it for my league but I can't figure out how to make anything custom that doesn't look like crap. Is there a tutorial on youtube or something to get started?

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:50 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:Very cool, I've been trying to do it for my league but I can't figure out how to make anything custom that doesn't look like crap. Is there a tutorial on youtube or something to get started?
Honestly I don't know. I taught myself over the last few years by trial and error. The stuff I make now is at a totally different level than i made the first year i did these.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:23 pm

MARKinMI wrote:For instance, I just spruced up DLF member Dingram's league page for his local league in about 3 days using no CSS whatsoever. Here's a link: http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/49859#0
And I'm very happy with the work! Awesome job & thanks again!!

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:Very cool, I've been trying to do it for my league but I can't figure out how to make anything custom that doesn't look like crap. Is there a tutorial on youtube or something to get started?
Honestly I don't know. I taught myself over the last few years by trial and error. The stuff I make now is at a totally different level than i made the first year i did these.
Cool, I'll give it a shot. Cheers!

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 pm

I dabble around with MFL. I use this design for the three dynasty leagues I commish.

http://www25.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/18960#0

I've hooked up a few others as well for a small fee.
Sir Peyton 12 Team • 5th Year • Non PPR
2010: 8th | 2011: 11th | 2012: 2nd | 2013: 4th | 2014: 1st

QB1 Peyton RB1 Miller RB2 Ellington WR1 Thomas WR2 Hopkins WR3 Watkins TE1 Gronk
Reserves QB Someone Shitty RB Spiller, Mathews, Sankey WR Marshall, Fitz, Nicks, Landry, Richardson, Randle TE Walker

tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tackling dummies » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 am

For team icons, here's my process:

Using no more than 3 colors, 2 if possible.

To reduce gradient banding in the background, I choose two colors similar to each other. I go to the center of the image and use the eye dropper tool for the outer stoke of the image for a consistent look.

All of the guides are set for the content and there is enough white space for the logo and text.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm

I am learning how to use Gimp slowly but surely ..

But I also find you really can do a lot with Microsoft PowerPoint and One Note...

Like you you can remove background on pics in PowerPoint (similar to making an alpha background, cut out players etc..)

also can rearrange things easily, insert text boxes, word art, etc.. Then I will play from current slide then you use the Screen clipping option in One Note ... crop what you like and it goes right into One Note, then right click and save as .png etc..

Where is the setting to insert a head banner for the League on the home page on MFL?
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:11 pm

@PlankMelody