Rueben Randle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rueben Randle

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:57 pm

That's my major issue. You have all these people who say "Calm down. Give him time. He is still young" when just a few weeks ago, some were saying he was better than Nicks and ready to assume WR1 status. You can't have it both ways! You are right Henry, the hype train is going to span the circumference of the globe. I haven't been "blown away" at all by Rueben. Guess we will see. Not writing him off, just slamming on the brakes before we drive off the cliff here!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 pm

One thing that worries me is that as Eli gets older and more terrible, I worry that the New York Giants will no longer be considered as desirable of a team for fantasy purposes. It seem that only Victor Cruz has been truly dependable enough. Outside of that? I guess recently you can say Andre Brown, but who knows 1) if he stays healthy rest of the year, and 2) whatever happens with Wilson or a new RB next year.

If there is anything we should pump the brakes on, it's the Giants' fantasy relevance starting next year. I think Randle can be a top 20 WR as a full-time starter as long as the offense doesn't regress any further next year, but that will be hard to determine until we see how Reese addresses the numerous holes.

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:22 pm

I can't wait for Nicks to move on this offseason so I can sell high on Randle. Got him in the 3rd round of a rookie/FA draft this offseason. Can't wait to flip him a lot more and then watch him disappoint his new owner.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:24 pm

WelkerTexasRanger wrote:I can't wait for Nicks to move on this offseason so I can sell high on Randle. Got him in the 3rd round of a rookie/FA draft this offseason. Can't wait to flip him a lot more and then watch him disappoint his new owner.
LOL

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Clearly the issues in New York run deeper than Randle but he's been pretty disappointing lately, including the doughnut today.
Rock bottom or reason to worry long term?
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 am

I'm not worried. Best thing that can happen for Randle is they shake-up the coaching staff and bring in a pass happy offense.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I'm not worried. Best thing that can happen for Randle is they shake-up the coaching staff and bring in a pass happy offense.
They would be ok as is if the line was playing above average. For whatever reason, Coughlin or Eli, the primary receivers tend to get fed.

I agree though, at this point I just want a coaching change and philosophy change. I'm not sure Eli is the guy you want for a pass happy offense though. He's a very solid all around QB where you take into account leadership, reliability, and toughness. I'm not sure he's accurate enough, makes quick enough decisions, or reads the defense well enough to lead a passing team.

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm

I still believe Eli can support two viable fantasy WR in the right offensive system.
I see NYG as similar to SD last year. Things got stale and the entire staff failed to adapt, but the talent is still buried somewhere waiting for a new coaching staff to tap into it in innovative ways.

Those three closing remarks about Eli, right or wrong, could be carbon copied from a post on Rivers 12 months ago.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Mike_Blahnik wrote:I still believe Eli can support two viable fantasy WR in the right offensive system.
I see NYG as similar to SD last year. Things got stale and the entire staff failed to adapt, but the talent is still buried somewhere waiting for a new coaching staff to tap into it in innovative ways.

Those three closing remarks about Eli, right or wrong, could be carbon copied from a post on Rivers 12 months ago.
I was just thinking this the other day. I think Rivers is a little more talented but Eli is a little more clutch. Either way I definitely could see a rebound there with a new coach. Spice things up with a new scheme and get rid of the stupid dog house..the talent is there.
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Randle's not really that great - he's got good size and good enough speed.

But he has no vertical leaping ability whatsoever and almost no agility.

He's really just another Stevie Johnson. Not that there's much wrong with Johnson or his type of production, but those of you who expect Randle to be a WR1 are going to be sad.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 am

For better or worse, Randle may get a chance to show more of what he can do if the G-men shut down Cruz for the rest of the year after the blow he took this week. Personally I like the kid and have him as a "hold" on a couple of teams but I'm not going out of my way to get him on others

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 pm

So Ben McAdoo is the guy. What do we think? Does his scheme fit better with the G-Men's talent? More importantly to his owners, does this help Rueben Randle?

The Newark Star-Ledger envisions Rueben Randle being one of the main beneficiaries of OC Ben McAdoo's offense.
The Giants are going to run more of a traditional West Coast offense under McAdoo, which should employ many three-wide sets. So, even if Hakeem Nicks re-signs, which we don't think he will, Randle will still have a large role. Randle will be able to use his 6-foot-2, 208-pound frame to "box out" cornerbacks on quick slants and back-shoulder fades. He has monster upside for 2014. Jan 17 - 12:27 PM
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

- roto
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 am

I will believe it when I see it.

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 am

Weight georg on this one. For the most part I wasn't concerned with Randle's opportunities, I was concerned that he seemed to blow way too many plays and make way too many mental mistakes when given the opportunities.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am

Yeah, and there's a part of me that believes that the WR situation with the Giants is going to be a matter of who is put in the position to succeed, and who Eli is comfortable with.... As a Randle "supporter", I have to say that the emergence of Jerrell Jernigan in the last couple of weeks gave me pause...
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…