Foles: Getting the hook

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

Re: Foles: Getting the hook

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 am

Where do you guys value Foles draft pick wise?
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Ya I am contemplating if I should offer my next years first for him.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I had my own doubts but I remained hopeful. Looks to be the real deal to be honest. I was a big supporter of his and for a spell I felt I probably jumped the gun and was off in my opinion. As it turns out - he is all that I thought he'd be and more.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Kaz wrote:Where do you guys value Foles draft pick wise?
I turned down a mid-late (9-16) 1st rd pick for him

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 pm

As an Eagles fan and with a dynasty team that lost A. Rodgers, Foles has been like fantasy manna. A gift from the gods when I needed it most! I plan to stick with Foles for the playoffs even if Rodgers comes back to start. Foles is a legit high end QB1 rest of the year and anyone still arguing against that just isn't paying attention or being bull headed. And for me he is already in the elite tier of Dynasty QB rankings, but I am a bit biased. Though by this time next year I suspect I won't be the only one ranking him there.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Where would you guys rank Foles value wise compared to Luck?
I'm in full win - now mode, entering my playoffs at #1 with a bye, but my team has been tanking as of late mainly due to weak QB performance (and only Manuel as backup) and some minor injuries elsewhere. The Foles owner in my league has approached me about a trade, but I honestly haven't followed him closely enough to know whether he will be a good add for more than this season.

What else would it take for you guys to give up Luck for Foles?
Is Foles going to be legit for years to come, or is this year an anomaly?
(I could also probably acquire somebody like Roethlisberger on the cheap just for the playoffs, or run with Luck of course)

Thanks

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:10 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote:Where would you guys rank Foles value wise compared to Luck?
I'm in full win - now mode, entering my playoffs at #1 with a bye, but my team has been tanking as of late mainly due to weak QB performance (and only Manuel as backup) and some minor injuries elsewhere. The Foles owner in my league has approached me about a trade, but I honestly haven't followed him closely enough to know whether he will be a good add for more than this season.

(I could also probably acquire somebody like Roethlisberger on the cheap just for the playoffs, or run with Luck of course)

Thanks
I'm not touching this question, but I will say that Foles has a much more favorable schedule through the rest of the season

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:46 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote:Where would you guys rank Foles value wise compared to Luck?

Thanks
I fully appreciate wanting to win this year, however I would not trade away Luck. Imagine you do trade him away, Foles could possibly have a terrible game and you are out of the playoffs. You could be regretting this short-term decision for many years....

Maybe look at another trade option with a different team.