Brandon Bostick

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JohnDoe
Role Player
Role Player

Brandon Bostick

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 am

Is this guy worth an add? Anyone know much about him?
Last edited by JohnDoe on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Re: Brandon Bostic

Postby Denver724 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 pm

I have him in two leagues with large rosters. Former BB player who was tied to trade rumors at end of preseason.

The B&G
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The B&G » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Anymore info on him? I'm assuming if he's a former BB player he's a TE?

JohnDoe
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah he is a TE in green bay... I was just curious about him after the wr injuries. I think hes the third TE but there. Ould be so.e opportunities to showcase his talent now. Finley is a fa after this season right?

YODA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby YODA » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:39 pm

GB Sleeper TE?
Postby YODA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

There have been many posts and questions on who will be "The Next GB WR" because of James Jones being a FA next year, and Jordy Nelson being 28 already and a FA in 2015. We are trying to find that next target for Aaron Rodgers before the masses do. With so much talk about the receivers I feel there is an opportunity at the TE position in GB. Here are the TE that are currently on their roster Jermichael Finley is a FA in 2014, Andrew Quarless is a FA in 2014, Ryan Taylor( SP Teams Guy) is a FA in 2015, and Brandon Bostic is a RFA in 2016. So my question is who will be "The Next GB TE"? I would like to suggest taking a closer look at Brandon Bostick if you are in a league with deep rosters. Reading thru some reports, Rotoworld says "Bostic is a former basketball player who has drawn raves for his athleticism", "was a wr and basketball player who possesses eye-opening potential as a downfield weapon", while others have said "keep an eye on him", "he could be an x-factor for there plans at TE". A Packers.com reports says "he looks the part, he's tall and lean with a build and speed similar to Jermichael Finley", "And can jump out of the gym" He has put on 15 pounds and spent the offseason training with Finley. According to NFLDRAFTSCOUT his pro day numbers were 6'3 243lbs 4.59 (40) 36 (vert) 10'1 (broad). I believe when the Packers let DJ Williams (the only TE under contract for 2014) go and kept Bostic, they are sending a small signal out there for dynasty leaguers to keep in the back of there minds for the future. So what says you?

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Good info YODA, nice reading!

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 pm

YODA wrote:GB Sleeper TE?
Postby YODA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

There have been many posts and questions on who will be "The Next GB WR" because of James Jones being a FA next year, and Jordy Nelson being 28 already and a FA in 2015. We are trying to find that next target for Aaron Rodgers before the masses do. With so much talk about the receivers I feel there is an opportunity at the TE position in GB. Here are the TE that are currently on their roster Jermichael Finley is a FA in 2014, Andrew Quarless is a FA in 2014, Ryan Taylor( SP Teams Guy) is a FA in 2015, and Brandon Bostic is a RFA in 2016. So my question is who will be "The Next GB TE"? I would like to suggest taking a closer look at Brandon Bostick if you are in a league with deep rosters. Reading thru some reports, Rotoworld says "Bostic is a former basketball player who has drawn raves for his athleticism", "was a wr and basketball player who possesses eye-opening potential as a downfield weapon", while others have said "keep an eye on him", "he could be an x-factor for there plans at TE". A Packers.com reports says "he looks the part, he's tall and lean with a build and speed similar to Jermichael Finley", "And can jump out of the gym" He has put on 15 pounds and spent the offseason training with Finley. According to NFLDRAFTSCOUT his pro day numbers were 6'3 243lbs 4.59 (40) 36 (vert) 10'1 (broad). I believe when the Packers let DJ Williams (the only TE under contract for 2014) go and kept Bostic, they are sending a small signal out there for dynasty leaguers to keep in the back of there minds for the future. So what says you?
Bang on Yoda. Quarless is nothing more than a blocking TE so he isn't any threat for receptions. Bostic is the guy to own outside of Finley of course. He sounds similiar to Thomas this offseason. If Finley walks and they don't draft anyone, the hype train will pick up steam for sure. I will be adding him to my roster at the end of the season and hope to score with Finley hopefully walking.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Just picked him up! So stoked about his potential!
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

JohnDoe
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JohnDoe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah I went ahead and added him last night. Now how long of a contract do I give him??? I dont want to get farked if he blows but I dont wanna lose him to soon if he blows up.

2 years or 3 years... What do you guys think?

JohnDoe
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JohnDoe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:44 am

LMAO I went to youtube and all I can find are videos of him running hill sprints... And there are like 30 of them... nothing but hill sprints...

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:37 am

Thinking about adding him or Luke Willson. My roster is at a point where I can only go after one based on roster size and my current roster quality.

JohnDoe
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JohnDoe » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 am

I dont know much about luke wilson but hes already getting some play and has looked good when I have seen him. I would have to say Wilson just because he is already on the radar. Bostick could very well just fall back into obscurity and its not even a sure thing that he does anything in the next few weeks.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:09 am

JohnDoe wrote:I dont know much about luke wilson but hes already getting some play and has looked good when I have seen him. I would have to say Wilson just because he is already on the radar. Bostick could very well just fall back into obscurity and its not even a sure thing that he does anything in the next few weeks.
I should have mentioned that Willson is the obvious choice, but because Seattle played Thursday night I can't pick him up until next week.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:55 pm

With Finley hurt, great chance for Bostic t o show what he can do next week!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:37 pm

DJB wrote:With Finley hurt, great chance for Bostic t o show what he can do next week!
How do we know Bostic is the next man up?