WR: AJG, DT, Evans, ARob, Matthews, Parker, P. Cooper, Davis, M. Williams
TE: Eifert, Rudolph, Julius, Cook
IDP

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Re: TRich to the Colts!

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Unbelievable trade by the Browns. As if investing a Top 5 pick wasn't enough, they spent all off season preaching their commitment to building around Richardson. On sheer value, getting a 1st round draft pick for a RB with a bruising style is usually a smart move. For a 2nd year player who was everything the team hoped and from an organizational direction standpoint, it makes no sense.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:33 pm

How does this affect Gordon's value? I guess this year, they might throw 50 times a game. Hopefully they get Bridgewater in the future
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Gotta think this really helps Luck's value too!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I don't see this as a boon to Richardson or Luck. Coming into the season we expected them to be the absolute focal point of their respective offenses. If Richardson goes off for 150 and 2TDs what do you think Luck's line will look like? 200 and 1 or 2 TDs I'd guess.

Under Norv Turner I had Trent as the only RB with a legit shot at 20 TDs.

Meh, from a football standpoint this is pretty amazing. From a fantasy standpoint those who gained were: Cameron, Gordon, Cleveland RB and those who lost were: Luck, Hilton, Richardson, Wayne

RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RichDynastyFB » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Seventy5 wrote:
The1Rat wrote:
terryb24 wrote:Is Richardson the number 1 Dynasty RB after this trade or does Doug Martin still hold the number 1 spot?
hellno, he doesn't know the system,will take him 3-4 weeks to get up to speed
He said "dynasty RB" not "redraft RB"
What is ur problem? I simply commented on TRich short-term potential. I play in 6 dynasty leagues jerk
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

daz49ers
Starter
Starter

Postby daz49ers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Only the browns could do this, might lose a few weeks with T-Rich BUT in the long run, this could be massive for T-Rich owners and as owner in one league could be massive, just got to ride these few first weeks, it could look ugly

Bravo Indy :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bands & Booze, Brains Of Deliah - http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0008

Ultimate Pigskin Classic, Yo'da Man - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0012

DC vs Marvel, The Joker - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0001

X-Men Vs. Avengers Superflex, Deadpool - http://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0005

A League Of Thrones (Start up auction in July) Khaleesi, Mother Of Dragons http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0003

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:55 pm

It really makes me wonder what the Browns saw (or maybe didn't see) in Richardson that they were willing to give up on him this early in his career. He's young enough that they should have been able to rebuild around him. Something doesn't smell right...

Unless of course the Browns are just that foolish.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

The1Rat wrote:
Seventy5 wrote:
The1Rat wrote: hellno, he doesn't know the system,will take him 3-4 weeks to get up to speed
He said "dynasty RB" not "redraft RB"
What is ur problem? I simply commented on TRich short-term potential. I play in 6 dynasty leagues jerk
Chill out man.. all good, no problem here. Maybe I should have added "I don't think him needing 3-4 weeks to get up to speed with the playbook has any effect whatsoever on his dynasty value. Redraft maybe, but not dynasty."

From your response starting off with "hell no, he'll need 3-4 weeks to get up to speed" I'm guessing you think the next 3-4 weeks have a greater impact on his dynasty value than I do. If so, no worries, we all value players/time frames differently. I just don't think him needing 3-4 weeks to learn the Indy system is a knock on his dynasty value. I see this trade as a MASSIVE upgrade for him situationally.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I can't believe people that play dynasty football can't understand that this is a good trade for the Browns. The lack of understanding of such basic concepts as sunk costs (he was the #3 pick and they already spent money on him!) and replacement value (how on earth will the browns find a running back that can replace Trent's 3.5 career YPC??) is mind boggling. The fact that the LAST front office used the #3 pick does not factor in the analysis of this trade at all. It's completely irrelevant. This new regime has looked at Trent's talent on tape, throughout camp, and in a couple games, ad decided they can replace his value much cheaper than a first round pick is worth. And I agree wholeheartedly. We know how fungible rbs are in the NFL. There are only a couple who provide first round value, and I'm sorry, but Trent isn't one of them. Picking him 3 was the obvious mistake. You don't compound it by not trading him for value now.

I bet the Saints wish they tried this last year with Ingram.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RichDynastyFB » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:15 pm

He said "dynasty RB" not "redraft RB"[/quote]
What is ur problem? I simply commented on TRich short-term potential. I play in 6 dynasty leagues jerk[/quote]

Chill out man.. all good, no problem here. Maybe I should have added "I don't think him needing 3-4 weeks to get up to speed with the playbook has any effect whatsoever on his dynasty value. Redraft maybe, but not dynasty."

From your response starting off with "hell no, he'll need 3-4 weeks to get up to speed" I'm guessing you think the next 3-4 weeks have a greater impact on his dynasty value than I do. If so, no worries, we all value players/time frames differently. I just don't think him needing 3-4 weeks to learn the Indy system is a knock on his dynasty value. I see this trade as a MASSIVE upgrade for him situationally.[/quote]

I'm carrying Leveon Bell in 2 leagues, and you want to preach to me about dynasty vs redraft values. I agree that TRich going to Indy dramatically enhances his dynasty prospects. My prob with u is that u want to class me as a redraft player, wrong
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Drafting elite players in the draft to a team with no talent, then trading them away for future picks years away some 20 odd picks out from the pick they spent on said player isn't a smart football move on any football league, not just he NFL. Now if you traded him to a team likely to pick top 10, and get a conditional pick back(see: Vikings and they price they got for Harvin then drafted Patterson in the current draft) then you have a good chance to improve your team. Anyone bringing up anything to do with salary or cost has no idea what they are talking about. What high priced pro bowlers do the Browns have on their roster that makes the salary cap an issue? Joe Thomas makes 10 million, Haden makes 6, then what? Now a guy on his rookie contract somehow puts them in a spot to clear up space?

Let's see what his YPC is with a QB for the first time ever and Reggie Wayne/Hilton on the outside. Defenses were game planning against him to stop him and it wasn't just because he was a high draft pick. Trading him wasn't the issue, the issue was mis-evaluating your roster this entire summer(which is a fault of the current regime, not the old one) and thinking he was good enough of a fit and a player to be apart of the team. A well run team realizes it before the draft, generates some interest and takes the best deal with what could easily have been a pick last draft and the upcoming draft. Tanking isn't a reason either because the Browns are bad enough to get a top 5 pick with or without him. All I know is if it were me, and I was drafting a rookie QB, I'd prefer to have him come in with Joe Thomas, Trent Richardson, Josh Gordon, and Cameron Jordon. Might be a new regime but smells like the same old Brownies to me.
Last edited by Chris_R on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Why does everyone think the pick is going to be in the 20's? Indy isn't a very good team. Their D is horrible and they don't have the cupcake schedule that allowed them to sneak into the playoffs.

It was a good trade for both sides, Cleveland owns next years draft so they'll be able to move just about anywhere they want to grab the QB they want. They'll be able to grab a RB that will perform just as well as TRich with Indy's pick if they choose, but as mentioned many times above, you don't need a first rounder to get a good RB. It's going to help Indy's O, which desperately needed a run game to take some pressure off Luck, but it's probably going to hurt his stats, but be better for the team. Don't think they make the playoffs this year, I bet the pick comes in around 16.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:30 pm

If you guys want to bicker... Do it somewhere else. Lets get back on track.

I think this is a win win trade. Colts get a very talented RB, filling a need, and the Browns get some flexibility in the upcoming draft. I could see them drafting a QB and a RB with the two firsts. Bridgewater/Boyd and a guy like Lache Seastrunk would be a solid draft. Who knows, a lot can change from now to then, but the value is there.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 pm

The1Rat wrote:He said "dynasty RB" not "redraft RB"
What is ur problem? I simply commented on TRich short-term potential. I play in 6 dynasty leagues jerk[/quote]

From your response starting off with "hell no, he'll need 3-4 weeks to get up to speed" I'm guessing you think the next 3-4 weeks have a greater impact on his dynasty value than I do. If so, no worries, we all value players/time frames differently. I just don't think him needing 3-4 weeks to learn the Indy system is a knock on his dynasty value. I see this trade as a MASSIVE upgrade for him situationally.[/quote]

I'm carrying Leveon Bell in 2 leagues, and you want to preach to me about dynasty vs redraft values. I agree that TRich going to Indy dramatically enhances his dynasty prospects. My prob with u is that u want to class me as a redraft player, wrong[/quote]

You are pretty much the most obnoxious poster on these boards. You have no respect for anyone as evidenced by your thread where you preened about trading away David Wilson for Tom Brady straight up preseason in a 10 team league. When literally everyone posted that was a bad trade you threw a temper tantrum and called everyone "idiots" at least 5 times. I don't think you have any idea what your talking about so you just hurl insults at people instead.

On topic, I'm a little concerned that The Browns know something about Richardson that is not out there yet. I thought I heard a commentator on the NFL channel state that Jim Brown didn't think much of him.

On the other hand, it appears the Colts came knocking and I agree that these days a 1st is a high price to pay for any RB in the NFL. He will certainly help the Colts. I tend to think Michael Lombardi is pretty astute. We'll see, its a pretty bold move by both sides.