Eddie Lacy/ what do you think now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Eddie Lacy/ what do you think now?

Postby cha » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:10 am

Traded up to 1.7 for him when he fell in our draft. Our draft was earlier in the summer before his stock started to really rise.

Feeling good about it now though!

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 am

I love these discussions, but I refuse to look into my crstal ball any more and say out loud what it tells me; the sob lies to me........

It will be interesting how Lacy & Franklin turn out in GB; and I sure we spend part of the off-season smacking each other up the side of the head with our pre-season comments again. So, I will stay on the sidelines and not be smacked this winter...............

I did draft Lacy @ 1.4 & picked up Franklin later in a trade for Lattimore, so I will be rooting for a rb to emerge.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

Rookie of the Year odds if anyone is interested...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ensive-roy
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jnormy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:06 am

ManuManu wrote:Rookie of the Year odds if anyone is interested...

Anyone else notice the HUGE oversight on this list? Um, Gio Bernard? Do they not think he has at least a better chance of winning ROY than Denard Robinson, Joseph Randle, and Mike Gillislee?

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 am

jnormy wrote:

Anyone else notice the HUGE oversight on this list? Um, Gio Bernard? Do they not think he has at least a better chance of winning ROY than Denard Robinson, Joseph Randle, and Mike Gillislee?
I wonder if the person who typed that chart into ESPN.com's web page simply missed him.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 am

jnormy wrote:

yea that's odd. also there is a place called Earth City..?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 pm

The GM wrote:The Seattle - GB game is on CBS Friday night so everyone should have the opportunity watch Lacy in extended action against a good D.
I haven't seen any of the game - just the stat line. Pretty rough. How bad has the line looked?
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:27 pm

jlasaf2007 wrote:
The GM wrote:The Seattle - GB game is on CBS Friday night so everyone should have the opportunity watch Lacy in extended action against a good D.
I haven't seen any of the game - just the stat line. Pretty rough. How bad has the line looked?
I didn't watch, but he played behind the Packers' No. 2 offensive line and with Graham Harrell.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:29 pm

he had a decent run called back by a questionable holding call but other than that the seahawks have allowed nothing on the ground, even without many of their top DLinemen.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:32 pm

jlasaf2007 wrote:
First team looked fine. Lacy looked like lacy behind 1st team line, but garbage behind the backups. Harrell tried to toss him a couple screens that he couldn't do anything with because there were a ton of guys there waiting. Harrell looks like he's trying to play himself off the team and Finley dropped at least 2 passes that hit him right in the hands. Before Christine Michael's TD the d line and defense as a whole looked pretty good outside of the first drive or two

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 pm

ManuManu wrote:
jlasaf2007 wrote:
I didn't watch, but he played behind the Packers' No. 2 offensive line and with Graham Harrell.
Second team O Line is brutal. Heck, even the starting O Line features a rookie LT and a second year UDFA RT. Plus Harrell looked just awful. Lacy had his first carry, an 11 yard gain called back due to a holding penalty.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 pm

jlasaf2007 wrote:
Pretty rough as a stat line is an understatement heh.

That said, the line has been pretty brutal. Then again, I'm not sure if you can even blame it on the line. See, the problem is that Rodgers only played 1 series and then they brought in Graham Harrell, and they didn't even use Lacy on the series that Rodgers played. Anyone who has ever watched even 1 down where Harrell has played knows that he probably shouldn't even be in the NFL at all. The dude is awful. If Rodgers goes down and they are counting on Harrell as a backup, the Packers are winning 1 game all year, maybe.

I guess my point is that Seattle was still using their starters and clearly not scared of Harrell at all (as they shouldn't be) so they appeared to be stacking the box and calling a fair amount of run blitzes the entire time Lacy was in there. Lacy did have 1 impressive 15 yard run called back due to penalty too. He also continues to look pretty good as a pass protector, which ultimately should be the most important thing to the Packers with Rodgers at the helm.

Harris got injured yet again too (who knows how severe, didn't look bad) so I'm still concerned the job is Lacy's to lose and he'll do well with it once he has something better than a JV QB running the offense. Vince Young looks 10x as good as Harrell.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm

In the event Rodgers goes down, Vince Young would keep GB competitive at least. If Harrell made starts, I'd be streaming weekly D's vs. the Packers.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:02 pm

MilwaukeesBest wrote:In the event Rodgers goes down, Vince Young would keep GB competitive at least. If Harrell made starts, I'd be streaming weekly D's vs. the Packers.
Hahaha. This. Young seems like a lock to make this team. Christine Michael has looked even better than advertised, even though he's running against backups

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Butt Liqueur wrote:
jlasaf2007 wrote:
First team looked fine. Lacy looked like lacy behind 1st team line, but garbage behind the backups. Harrell tried to toss him a couple screens that he couldn't do anything with because there were a ton of guys there waiting. Harrell looks like he's trying to play himself off the team and Finley dropped at least 2 passes that hit him right in the hands. Before Christine Michael's TD the d line and defense as a whole looked pretty good outside of the first drive or two
Pretty much, despite his terrible stat line i still liked what i saw, I saw a big powerful runner with good moves. He broke lot's of tackles just to get back to the line is scrimmage several times.