Did we have the Tennessee WR's mixed up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Did we have the Tennessee WR's mixed up?

Postby hamburglar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:18 am

The worries were that Patterson was going to be the headcase or bad attitude player-- I haven't read any negative peeps about him out of Minny-- Luckily I only took Hunter in one league but the news on his hands and work ethic have been a daily suck fest.

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Re: Did we have the Tennessee WR's mixed up?

Postby Major_Loser » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 am

hamburglar wrote:The worries were that Patterson was going to be the headcase or bad attitude player-- I haven't read any negative peeps about him out of Minny-- Luckily I only took Hunter in one league but the news on his hands and work ethic have been a daily suck fest.
I don't recall reading much on Patterson in regards to character concern, just that he was going to be a very raw prospect due to his time at the D-1 level. So far he seems to be much more polished than we realized, its a small sample size though.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:31 am

im not gonna take too much stock in anything until i see what happens on the field. coach's are going to try to motivate their players. dont forget that the elite wr's tend to be diva's, this may be what we are looking at. i am by no means gonna call either of these guys elite, but im sure they have a swagger, that may not always come across the greatest. i feel both can be top 10 wr's in the league if they can put it all together. to me it looked like hunter was the better pure wr, but patterson was the freak athlete, we'll see how things play out the next few years. i think both will get their opportunity, hopefully they can take advantage of it.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 am

sloth8u wrote:hunter was the better pure wr, but patterson was the freak athlete
Hunter:
6'3 5/8, 196 lbs
40 time: 4.44
10 yd split: 1.54
Vertical: 39.5
Broad: 11.4

Patterson:
6'1 7/8, 216 lbs
40 time: 4.42
10 yd split: 1.55
Vertical: 37
Broad: 10.8

I am as big of a Patterson fan as there is, and I don't argue that Hunter was the better pure WR coming out, but Hunter may arguably be a better athlete. Their athletic measureables are very very similar. The only real difference is Cordarrelle has 20 lbs on Hunter

Also, to answer the OP, I don't know if we had it twisted. Most, if not all people had CP rated higher than Hunter.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 18
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 12
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:19 am

henry1jg wrote:
sloth8u wrote:hunter was the better pure wr, but patterson was the freak athlete
Hunter:
6'3 5/8, 196 lbs
40 time: 4.44
10 yd split: 1.54
Vertical: 39.5
Broad: 11.4

Patterson:
6'1 7/8, 216 lbs
40 time: 4.42
10 yd split: 1.55
Vertical: 37
Broad: 10.8

I am as big of a Patterson fan as there is, and I don't argue that Hunter was the better pure WR coming out, but Hunter may arguably be a better athlete. Their athletic measureables are very very similar. The only real difference is Cordarrelle has 20 lbs on Hunter

Also, to answer the OP, I don't know if we had it twisted. Most, if not all people had CP rated higher than Hunter.
I'm a measurable Junkie as well but I also trust my eyes. When I watch Patterson he moves with a suddenness that you don't see with guys that big. Love them both but I take Patterson.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 am

Patterson was a consensus top 6-7 pick. Hunter is falling in many/most drafts to the mid-late 2nd.

No, I'd say we had them pegged appropriately.

bob2005
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob2005 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 am

henry1jg wrote: I am as big of a Patterson fan as there is, and I don't argue that Hunter was the better pure WR coming out, but Hunter may arguably be a better athlete. Their athletic measureables are very very similar. The only real difference is Cordarrelle has 20 lbs on Hunter
What is genuinely impressive about Patterson is that he is as fast, quick, and explosive as a player who is 20 lbs lighter.

In response to the OP, the only concerns I heard expressed about Patterson was that he was raw and only had one season of Division I experience. He also had a low Wonderlic score so there was also some concern about his intelligence.

Patterson was in the mix with Austin and Hopkins as the best WR prospect in the draft. Hunter was in the tier below that. There were many concerns about Hunter's injury history, inconsistent hands and lack of physicality.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:24 am

Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying we had them mixed up as promising prospects-- but as having their heads screwed on right, that's what I was referring too.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:19 pm

hamburglar wrote:Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying we had them mixed up as promising prospects-- but as having their heads screwed on right, that's what I was referring too.
Neither Patterson or Hunter had any issues prior to the draft... The only Tennessee WR with issues was DaRick Rogers.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Most people ranked CP higher before the draft. After watching him in camp (live) and in the first preseason game where he saw a lot of PT, I am really high on him. The Vikes clearly recognize that he is a special player with the ball in his hands, and they have shown that they are willing to get the ball to their playmakers.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:49 pm

CP was my first draft crush this offseason and about the only 1st round rookie I didnt end up getting on ANY of my teams.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 pm

CP's tape just jumps off the screen to me. He isn't at all polished and is quite raw, but its raw skill. He moves like a jungle cat with the ball in his hands. Following his career will be fun. I don't know where the notion he was thought of as head case from.

Hunter will likely become a fine NFL WR. He's been in the NFL for 4 months, just be patient.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:57 pm

hamburglar wrote:CP was my first draft crush this offseason and about the only 1st round rookie I didnt end up getting on ANY of my teams.
Funny. Me too.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm 2/2 so far in getting CP! Took him at 1.05 in my main league, and 1.11 in another! Here's to hoping I get him in my draft next weekend!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 18
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 12
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 am

Being raw has never, ever been a concern or a red flag for me with prospects. It's something to keep in mind if you want early season production, but other then that it means very little in the grand scheme of things. You could bring up CP's stats, talk about his consistency in games, but everything he did translates to the NFL, guys who can score TD's from all over the place tend to get the same opportunities to do so. He's got a talent that even if he never became an elite route runner you find easy ways to get the ball into his hands and watch the rest happen.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)