Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Post draft Antonio Brown value

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

I think WR3 on your FF is right where you want him. I wouldn't feel great about him as my WR#2, but he has upside games to really help you out at the WR3 or flex.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Why So Much Love for Antonio Brown?

Postby joeylitz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 am

I just don't get it. Most redraft and dynasty rankings have him somewhere between 22-26.

Last year should have been a great year for him. It was his 3rd year in the league; he had an amazing camp; he had Mike Wallace on the other side to draw coverage. He finished with mediocre stats. Also concerning is that he's averaged only 3.5 TDs over the last two years.

I like guys that know how to find the end zone and I'm not sure he will regularly find pay dirt.

So...where am I wrong? Like I said, he gets such a high ranking but are people still remembering his "breakout" 2 seasons ago?
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why So Much Love for Antonio Brown?

Postby sloth8u » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 am

people are remembering what they saw two years ago. he struggled last year with lingering injuries. if that happens again this year, it will be concerning to owners. i have heard him multiple times mentioned as the best route runner in the league. (ive tried to find it and post it on the forums, but it was in a radio interview on espn i believe) its obvious to me that the steelers believe he is their future wr1. if he and ben can get together, there are not alot of other guys there to steal targets. i dont think his ceiling is top 10, but somewhere around 15, which makes him a great wr2. im guessing in the fantasy community that he gets this year to prove he belongs in this range, if he cant do it this year, i imagine he start dropping down the rankings. i personally think he breaks through this year and see the wr 12-18 finish that some think he can have. solidifying him moving forward as a nice wr2 option on our fantasy teams.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13 am

How much love is he getting? I think he is solid WR3, and WR2 in PPR. The problem will probably be TDs...

To gauge, who would you take;

Brown vs Mike Wallace
Brown vs Amendola
Brown vs Torrey Smith
Brown vs Bowe

I can see a range of opinions on all these comparison. If you are banking on him as high-end WR2 I think you are looking best case (PPR only)

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm

I have had him rostered since his rookie year waiting for him to explode. Every yesr is supposed to be THE year...still waiting. However don't forget that he fields kicks too so potential TDs there.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm

I see you just joinedyea day ago. You shoulda been here a year ago. That was real love, of the Mary j blige variety. He was better than mike Wallace according to some.
Last edited by Mangelo on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm

I think Brown would be a more consistent player of the low WR2 variety. Wallace was more of a hit or miss/deep threat guy with WR1 potential, but just as good a chance to put up a goose egg.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 pm

FIRE UP CHIPS!!!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Besides Big Ben Brown is the only sure thing they have at any skill position, really. Who knows how Bell will do, if Sanders and Wheaton will step up- none of them have proven much at the NFL level yet. Brown is going to play the X receiver which in Haley's offense has always been pretty productive. Brown did reach 1100 yards a couple years ago so we know he's capable of being a nice PPR WR2, pretty much someone has to catch passes for Ben, and Brown is the WR1. Personally I think he's been undervalued this offseason and will be a solid WR2 option if he can stay healthy.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

PapaBearsPlaybook
Role Player
Role Player

Antonio Brown - Where Does He Rank?

Postby PapaBearsPlaybook » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi All,

Can he be a mid-high WR2 producer this year?

Thoughts?
12 Team, PPR, Start: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE. Keep 6.
QBs: Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Logan Thomas
RB: Bell, Vereen, Sankey, Greene, FJax
WR: Floyd, Cobb, Cooks, Hopkins, Jennings, Baldwin
TE: Reed, Walker
K: Crosby, Suisham

15 Team, Non-PPR, redraft, Start: 2QBs, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1 K, 1 D.
QB: Wilson, Ryan
RB: Joique Bell, Ellington
WR: White, Floyd, A. Johnson
TE: H. Miller
K: Gould DEF: NE Pats

12 Team, $500 Cap/Auction/Dynasty League, PPR, 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE.
QB: Brady ($92), Manziel ($16), Fitzpatrick ($10), Hoyer ($7), Savage ($2)
RB: Spiller ($85), Lynch ($60), Woodhead ($16), SJax ($19), Cunningham ($1), McKinnon ($1), CJ Anderson ($1)
WR: Garcon ($35), Hopkins ($19), Thompkins ($7), J. Hunter ($4), BMarsh ($65), Tate ($8), Marlon Brown ($1)
TE: D. Allen ($2), Ertz ($12), Reed ($5)
K: Vinatieri ($1), Suisham ($1)

RonW15
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Antonio Brown - Where Does He Rank?

Postby RonW15 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

yeah that seems about right..... somewhere in the top 20
12 Team 20 man Roster PPR League
QBs R. Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker
RBs A. Morris, Hunter, R. Williams
WRs AJ Green, D. Thomas, V. Jackson, V. Brown, K. Wright, Givens, A.J. Jenkins, Kerley, Quick, T.Young
TEs Fleener, Gonzalez
PK Barth
DEF Jets
2009 Champion, 2011 Champion, 2012 Runner Up

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Somewhere in Top 20 is too optimistic for me. 12-26 is more my range. Needs to do more than last year, and I don't know if the Wallace loss hurts or helps. I like the catches opportunity, but he needs more TDs to stick top 20.

bob2005
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob2005 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Brown is a difficult WR to forecast and he seems to have several things working against him.

He's still young so his body of work is small. There's the feeling that we don't quite know who he really is yet.

Perhaps more damaging is that he's small and not very tall. And he was drafted in the sixth round. So I think that lowers expectations further. If he was 6'2" and even a third round pick, more people would be more comfortable about Brown and there would be less of a sense that he could just be a mirage.

Even though he is less celebrated than his former teammate Mike Wallace, a case could be made that they are closer in quality than most people think. Brown is stepping into a new role so there is some risk there.

There's also the widespread perception that he doesn't score TDs. People seem to remember that he only scored 2 TDs two years ago and forget or minimize the fact that he caught four TD passes in the last four games to finish last season.

There seems to be a bias on the part of most people to possibly undervalue Brown rather than overestimate his worth. There should be more clarity after this season.

preeti222
Rookie
Rookie

Postby preeti222 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:38 am

Antonio Brown= no brainer. He's going to have a huge year.The Steelers offense has a few question marks, but he will be good this year.not #1 material but high end 2.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 am

I think Antonio (Fire Up Chips!) will be a low end WR2/high end WR3. Likely in the 22-28 range.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.