Steven Jackon-Reportedly to Falcons

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Steven Jackon-Reportedly to Falcons

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Did not hear anything about him today.
Last edited by voiceofunreason on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingsKing
Starter
Starter
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby KingsKing » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:41 pm

still hearing packers are in play, possible 3 year contract being discussed. Atlanta is also said to have him on the radar.

joshnco
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 am
Location: Denver, CO now live in Dallas

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby joshnco » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:56 pm

http://lombardiave.com/2013/03/13/adam- ... -retracts/

Hopefully the Broncos are still in play!
14 Team PPR Dynasty - Red Dynasty 2nd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's


10 Team PPR Dynasty - Chosen Ones 3rd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D

2013 Champs; 2012 Runner-up **BEST DYNASTY TEAM OF ALL-TIME!! Well, its' a 10 teamer :)

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby IronSkull » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Adam Schefter tweeted earlier in the day that he signed a 3 year deal with the Packers, but deleted the tweet like 30 seconds later. With that information I'm almost positive he is going to end up signing with the Packers and that Schefter prematurely jumped the gun a little by not getting the go ahead yet to tweet that. Also, since free agency started I haven't heard any news about Denver or Atlanta relating to SJax. Either way all 3 teams are the perfect landing spots for SJax and his fantasy value/production, so if you own him its a slam dunk no matter what. I'm really excited to finally be able to see him get a chance to run behind a good offensive line in an elite offense. IMO I could see him posting rock solid RB1 numbers for the next 2 years or so as long as he stays healthy. Its a well known fact that SJax is a gym rat and takes really good care of his body so I think he will be able to perform at a high level into his 30's.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

FFDerek
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby FFDerek » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

IronSkull wrote:Adam Schefter tweeted earlier in the day that he signed a 3 year deal with the Packers, but deleted the tweet like 30 seconds later. With that information I'm almost positive he is going to end up signing with the Packers and that Schefter prematurely jumped the gun a little by not getting the go ahead yet to tweet that. Also, since free agency started I haven't heard any news about Denver or Atlanta relating to SJax. Either way all 3 teams are the perfect landing spots for SJax and his fantasy value/production, so if you own him its a slam dunk no matter what. I'm really excited to finally be able to see him get a chance to run behind a good offensive line in an elite offense. IMO I could see him posting rock solid RB1 numbers for the next 2 years or so as long as he stays healthy. Its a well known fact that SJax is a gym rat and takes really good care of his body so I think he will be able to perform at a high level into his 30's.
I doubt he puts up RB1 #'s in pass happy GB!
Flash Gordon
10 Team PPR Dynasty 27 man roster (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3flex, Superflex, IDP)
QB- Romo, Foles, A Smith, McCown, Manziel,
RB- Forte, Bell, Forsett, Jennings, Freeman, West, Khiry
WR- Julio, Calvin, Jordy, Edlman, Gordon, Decker, Shorts, A Holmes
TE- J Thomas, J Reed, Kelce, Allen
IDP- L Kuechly


Hell's Bells
10 Team PPR Dynasty 28 man roster (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, SprFlx)
QB- A-Rod, Romo, Locker, Fitz, McCown, Henne, Garoppolo
RB- L Bell, Spiller J Bell, Freeman, Ivory, Quizz, K Robinson, McKinnon, Carey
WR- Calvin, Decker, V Jax, Wright, Randle, Boykin, Sanu, A Holmes, M Wilson, Ch Johnson, Huff
TE- Witten, Cameron, Rodgers

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Vero Beach, FL

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah he won't be a RB1 in Green Bay - way too much passing and TD vulturing by Rodgers/Kuhn for any 1 RB to be productive.

User avatar
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3548
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yeah he won't be a RB1 in Green Bay - way too much passing and TD vulturing by Rodgers/Kuhn for any 1 RB to be productive.
I believe Kuhn and Rodgers vultured touchdowns because there was no Steven Jackson. You bring a guy like him in so they dont have to rely on Rodgers and Kuhn in goalline situations. Imagine taking SJax out in that situation. Really? There are many RB1s in pass happy offenses. Sproles, McCoy, Rice to name a few. This would be no different.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

User avatar
Spinkso
Captain
Captain
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx
Contact:

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby Spinkso » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Kuhn and Rodgers had to vulture those TDs because Starks and Green are dumpster fires.

For Graham Cracker saying Jackson couldn't be a RB1 in the packers system because they're too pass heavy...
Ryan Grant 2009 RB8 307 touches
Ryan Grant 2008 330 touches
Ryan Grant 2007 207 touches in ten games as a starter. Projects out to 331 touches in 16 games.
Pass heavy not by design, but from necessity.

Mike McCarthy wants to run it more, but he's lacked a capable back since Ryan Grant broke his leg week one of the 2010 season. McCarthy has had to use a committee because he hasn't had multi-deminsional backs that are capable of staying on the field and being fed the ball. The last time he had one, he gave him the ball 300+ times.
If Steven Jackson does indeed sign with the Packers, Mike McCarthy will run him into retirement.

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby IronSkull » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 pm

georg013 wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yeah he won't be a RB1 in Green Bay - way too much passing and TD vulturing by Rodgers/Kuhn for any 1 RB to be productive.
I believe Kuhn and Rodgers vultured touchdowns because there was no Steven Jackson. You bring a guy like him in so they dont have to rely on Rodgers and Kuhn in goalline situations. Imagine taking SJax out in that situation. Really? There are many RB1s in pass happy offenses. Sproles, McCoy, Rice to name a few. This would be no different.
I agree with this completely. Elite pass happy offenses = alot of points scored = alot of scoring opportunities for SJax. I think he is going to be a lock for double digit touchdowns and he is also a very good receivier out of the backfield with excellent hands. I could see him reeling in 50+ catches next year.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby IronSkull » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 pm

He also finished as the 12th and 16th running back in scoring the past 2 seasons. All while being in STL's terrible offensive that had no oline and no semblence of a passing attack to keep defenses from stacking the box with defenders.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

User avatar
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3548
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:32 pm

If he signs with GB I move him up to around 14 or 15. Short term. Here are Cedric Benson's numbers in GB before he went down.

20 carries 81 yards 4 receptions 35 yards
17 carries 45 yards 1TD 4 receptions 19 yards
18 carries 84 yards 4 receptions 22 yards

3 games/12 receptions. 17+ carries per game. SJax > Benson. You think GB would run more if they could? I do. I really hope this deal gets done. It is a match made in heaven.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Chris_R
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2790
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby Chris_R » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 am

IronSkull wrote:
georg013 wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yeah he won't be a RB1 in Green Bay - way too much passing and TD vulturing by Rodgers/Kuhn for any 1 RB to be productive.
I believe Kuhn and Rodgers vultured touchdowns because there was no Steven Jackson. You bring a guy like him in so they dont have to rely on Rodgers and Kuhn in goalline situations. Imagine taking SJax out in that situation. Really? There are many RB1s in pass happy offenses. Sproles, McCoy, Rice to name a few. This would be no different.
I agree with this completely. Elite pass happy offenses = alot of points scored = alot of scoring opportunities for SJax. I think he is going to be a lock for double digit touchdowns and he is also a very good receivier out of the backfield with excellent hands. I could see him reeling in 50+ catches next year.

Not just this, but Jackson is still an excellent receiver, in ppr leagues he has value. But this is a prime example of why I don't see why people are so afraid of Arian Foster. People are saying Steven Jackson has maybe 2 years of RB1 ability but talk about Arian Foster like he's about to break down right now.


That said, if you were not an owner of S Jax, what is the highest pick you would give up for a 2 year rental? Late 1st? Mid 2nd?
Last edited by Chris_R on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Andrew Luck/
RB: Nick Chubb/Josh Jacobs/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Warren
WR: Odell Beckham/Juju Smith-Schuster/Sammy Watkins/Michael Gallup/Kenny Stills/Antonio Calloway/Marques Valdes Scantling/Dante Pettis/Trequan Smith/Eq St Brown/J'Mon Moore
TE: Trey Burton/Dallas Goedert/Gerald Everett

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson


Picks: 1.1, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:55 am

I'd love to see SJax go someplace where they will make use of his receiving skills. Early in his career he was nearly as solid there as Marshall Faulk. Lately the Rams didn't even try.

If I was a playoff team, I'd easily trade a late first round pick for Jackson. I think he's got two years minimum of nice production. If he tapers down for a couple more years, that's still a flex start.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 am

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I imagine there haven't been many "RB 1" seasons delivered by a player with 2,800 career touches. He'll be 30 before the season starts, and while he's tough as nails, he's only played a full season 3 times in his 10-year career. I don't really expect his 11th season to produce just the 4th 16-game season, especially if you guys are projecting another 350 touches.

I do think he can be a high RB2 who can produce like a low-mid RB1 for some stretches of 2013. But the more touches he gets, the more likely he gets banged up at this age. I'd expect him to play 14 games, get 210 carries, 40 catches, 1200 total yards and 7-9 TD's. I also can't see him being the lead back in any offense for another 3 years. 2014 might even be asking for a bit too much.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: K. Murray, B. Mayfield, K. Cousins
RB: D Johnson, M. Mack, P. Lindsay, C. Edmonds, M. Walton, G. Bernard, D. Thompson, T. Pollard, M. Davis, R. Bonnafan
WR: O. Beckham Jr., K. Allen, C. Godwin, A. Robinson, C. Kirk, D. Johnson, A. Wilson, R. Higgins, D. Robinson
TE: E. Engram, D. Waller, I. Smith Jr.

2020 Picks: (2x) 1, (2x) 3, 4
2021 Picks: (2x) 1, 3, 4

Big Al
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3933
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Steven Jackon-any news

Postby Big Al » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 am

Is SJax worth a 2014 1st round pick (likely mid to late) if he signs with the Pack?
Faith: That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion
Theory: A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nathanq42 and 4 guests