Victor Cruz

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Victor Cruz

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 am

Vikings made the playoffs last year.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 am

dm1129 wrote:
Chris_R wrote:What makes all you guys assume they will match any offer? If it was no big deal to just throw him a big contract he would have one already. I think it's a lot harder then you guys assume because Cruz wants paid like a big time WR and NYG aren't ready to commit to that. If another team wants to ante up the big dollars, I'm not sure why a majority of people just assume NY is going to pay it and not blink twice. If they were ready to give him 11-12 million per season he would have it already, but to assume it'd easily get done with Nicks contract still to go I'm not buying.
I have been thinking this as well. I am not an expert on the intricacies of NFL salary cap manipulation, but it seems Minnesota could possibly make a serious attempt to acquire Cruz. The only reason I think it might happen is because of Adrian Peterson. I think we all can agree that he is a special player, the type that does not come around very often. With that said, he is in his prime but the window for any RB is limited. The Vikings made the playoffs last year. If they were to draft a WR, it very likely would take a few years to develop under the best of circumstances as WR is a very difficult position to transition from college to the NFL. In essence, the Vikings would miss out on maximizing AP's peak years. So while I agree under normal circumstances that it would be unlikely that Cruz would be pried away from the Giants, I think there might be a surprise in this one unique case.
But wouldnt it make more sense to get Welker (probably cheaper) and keep your 1st if you want to maximize on APs peak years?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am

joeday wrote:
dm1129 wrote:
Chris_R wrote:What makes all you guys assume they will match any offer? If it was no big deal to just throw him a big contract he would have one already. I think it's a lot harder then you guys assume because Cruz wants paid like a big time WR and NYG aren't ready to commit to that. If another team wants to ante up the big dollars, I'm not sure why a majority of people just assume NY is going to pay it and not blink twice. If they were ready to give him 11-12 million per season he would have it already, but to assume it'd easily get done with Nicks contract still to go I'm not buying.
I have been thinking this as well. I am not an expert on the intricacies of NFL salary cap manipulation, but it seems Minnesota could possibly make a serious attempt to acquire Cruz. The only reason I think it might happen is because of Adrian Peterson. I think we all can agree that he is a special player, the type that does not come around very often. With that said, he is in his prime but the window for any RB is limited. The Vikings made the playoffs last year. If they were to draft a WR, it very likely would take a few years to develop under the best of circumstances as WR is a very difficult position to transition from college to the NFL. In essence, the Vikings would miss out on maximizing AP's peak years. So while I agree under normal circumstances that it would be unlikely that Cruz would be pried away from the Giants, I think there might be a surprise in this one unique case.
But wouldnt it make more sense to get Welker (probably cheaper) and keep your 1st if you want to maximize on APs peak years?
Welker is definitely a possibility, of course it would depend on the difference in price between the two. Cruz strikes me as much more of a playmaker than Welker who would help Ponder. Also, Cruz is entering his prime while Welker will be 32 when the season starts. Since there have been reports of the Vikings considering Cruz, I am simply guessing it is more plausible than many people may be thinking.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am

Even G.Jennings on a 2-3 year deal would be cheaper and you get to keep the draft pick.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 am

I actually don't many FA wr signing to play with Ponder unless they are desperate.

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 am

If we did the RFA tag deal it would be inessence trading Harvin for Cruz , 3rd and a 7th. On paper thats a decent deal. Signing Cruz to 11 mill which seems the going rate is fair. Cruz can definitely improve our WR core and would fit in.

Why i don't think it will happen is we just cleaned house. Cutting Winfield was a telling sign. Once we lost out on Wallace balking at the idea that 13-14 mill was to much. Selling our gained number #1 pick for 2-3 mill doesn't make sense. Vikings have started a youth movement. Its how the Bucs and the Hawks got back on there feet. We didn't extend Les but for 1 year. The Vikes are at this point making no long term commitments. We have been in rebuild and now we are about to go full on rebuild. 3-4 years down the road what ever FA we signed will most likely no longer be here. Fraizers job is tied in with Ponders development. If thats the case there is zero reason to spend high picks on a coach you haven't extended.

Love the idea but it will never happen. I expect the vikes to make small moves from here on out for WR's like DHB, Ted Ginn JR , Louis Murphy, Bring in a guy cheap and sign him for 3-4 years with no longer term contract obligations. I am betting we might draft in the first 3 picks 2 WR's. Warm bodies will be brought in until the draft picks are ready to roll.

Great time to buy AD in leagues. The next 2-3 years he might actually get his 2,105+. Rudolph just shot up in value as well. At this point he is our top WR.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm

allpurple wrote:If we did the RFA tag deal it would be inessence trading Harvin for Cruz , 3rd and a 7th. On paper thats a decent deal. Signing Cruz to 11 mill which seems the going rate is fair. Cruz can definitely improve our WR core and would fit in.

Why i don't think it will happen is we just cleaned house. Cutting Winfield was a telling sign. Once we lost out on Wallace balking at the idea that 13-14 mill was to much. Selling our gained number #1 pick for 2-3 mill doesn't make sense. Vikings have started a youth movement. Its how the Bucs and the Hawks got back on there feet. We didn't extend Les but for 1 year. The Vikes are at this point making no long term commitments. We have been in rebuild and now we are about to go full on rebuild. 3-4 years down the road what ever FA we signed will most likely no longer be here. Fraizers job is tied in with Ponders development. If thats the case there is zero reason to spend high picks on a coach you haven't extended.

Love the idea but it will never happen. I expect the vikes to make small moves from here on out for WR's like DHB, Ted Ginn JR , Louis Murphy, Bring in a guy cheap and sign him for 3-4 years with no longer term contract obligations. I am betting we might draft in the first 3 picks 2 WR's. Warm bodies will be brought in until the draft picks are ready to roll.

Great time to buy AD in leagues. The next 2-3 years he might actually get his 2,105+. Rudolph just shot up in value as well. At this point he is our top WR.

I'm really not sure how it'll all play out, but everyone in that organization deserves to be fired if they rot away the prime of Adrian Peterson while sitting on their hands and deciding to just rebuild. You have a unique opportunity to make a legit run during the next 3 years while you have a HOF RB carrying the team. I would have paid Jennings his 11 million, drafted Keenan Allen, and did whatever I could to keep the defense top notch where they can keep the scores low each week. It always baffles me how when teams get studs like Peterson they just decide they don't have to do anything else. Take him off this team and they win 5 games at max this year, with him he can still sneak them into the playoffs but without help it won't do any good.

I personally would overpay on at least 1 WR vs trot out a couple rookies with Ponder who isn't the most skilled guy himself, but hey, maybe they go after someone. I just wouldn't understand if they just shrugged and decided to go the route of what is getting very close to a rebuild. Hate seeing all-time greats on teams like that where they don't even give a guy a chance to build a playoff resume(similiar to what the Cards have done with Fitz lately).
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Chris_R wrote:
allpurple wrote:If we did the RFA tag deal it would be inessence trading Harvin for Cruz , 3rd and a 7th. On paper thats a decent deal. Signing Cruz to 11 mill which seems the going rate is fair. Cruz can definitely improve our WR core and would fit in.

I'm really not sure how it'll all play out, but everyone in that organization deserves to be fired if they rot away the prime of Adrian Peterson while sitting on their hands and deciding to just rebuild. You have a unique opportunity to make a legit run during the next 3 years while you have a HOF RB carrying the team. I would have paid Jennings his 11 million, drafted Keenan Allen, and did whatever I could to keep the defense top notch where they can keep the scores low each week. It always baffles me how when teams get studs like Peterson they just decide they don't have to do anything else. Take him off this team and they win 5 games at max this year, with him he can still sneak them into the playoffs but without help it won't do any good.

I personally would overpay on at least 1 WR vs trot out a couple rookies with Ponder who isn't the most skilled guy himself, but hey, maybe they go after someone. I just wouldn't understand if they just shrugged and decided to go the route of what is getting very close to a rebuild. Hate seeing all-time greats on teams like that where they don't even give a guy a chance to build a playoff resume(similiar to what the Cards have done with Fitz lately).
Peterson gets paid 13 mill to put butts in seats. Sadly this will be his only role in the NFL. We need a CB, SS, CB WSLB MLB , DT DE OG ,OG WR WR WR QB. We are a long ways from the light of any SB run.

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Jesus, if they sign any of those guys, I might actually stop watching them for real this time. They finally cut Michael Jenkins to rid themselves of some hot garbage; it would make zero sense to replace him with more hot garbage, even if it is younger hot garbage. That said, it's the Vikings, and you're probably right. Sigh.