Any chance Welker goes to Denver?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Any chance Welker goes to Denver?

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm

DT will be really hard to defend with Welker in the middle. Decker is downgraded to me, but I think the realistic people expected a regression from his 2012 stats and already have him ranked accordingly.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 pm

dm1129 wrote:Both DT and Decker were drafted in 2010, so I am assuming both have rookie contracts expiring in 2 years so that makes sense. I have read that Welker is so mad at how negotiations have gone with New England that he would like to 'stick it' to the Patriots. I wonder if he is willing to go to the Broncos at some type of discount to get the chance to beat the Patriots in the playoffs ....
I'd really like to beat the pats and stick Rex Ryan's foot in Bill's mouth--Welker

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:18 pm

ccj wrote:I think Denver is married to Manning for the next three years as his contract will make it very hard for them to move on. I bet Welker gets a similar three year window if it happens.

I love Rotoworld, but they're twisting a bit in the wind here:
Welker's market around the league won't be scorching hot as a scheme-dependent, 31-year-old niche player.
For all the talk of Welker being a "system player," there's no way the Pats could adequately replace him for 2013
No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed west. Manning would be even more impossible to defend.
He went from a scheme dependent 31 year old niche player to a player that cannot be adequately replaced and the guy that makes Denver the best receiving corp in the league.

This is why Rotoworld bothers me, I could do without all the extra comments that either drives up the value or lowers it on a player all depending on how they(or that 1 person) feels at the time. Not much to do about it though.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Peyton supported 3+ targets for years (Harrison/Wayne/Clark, Wayne/Clark/Collie). Given they have nothing dependable at TE, I think it fills a need.

Last year Stokely had 45 receptions, and the two TEs combined for 93. I think a lot of that goes to Welker.

Now if you were hoping for a Virgil Green breakout, maybe you'd be a little bummed.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Manning must be salivating right now. Welker, DT, Decker, Stokley, and Tamme?

All they need is a competent rb

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm

I can just hear Decker on the phone to his agent.. "What the F*ck do we need HIM For?!?! I'm the next Wes Welker, everybody says so!! "
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Peyton supported 3+ targets for years (Harrison/Wayne/Clark, Wayne/Clark/Collie). Given they have nothing dependable at TE, I think it fills a need.

Last year Stokely had 45 receptions, and the two TEs combined for 93. I think a lot of that goes to Welker.

Now if you were hoping for a Virgil Green breakout, maybe you'd be a little bummed.
Agree with this completely.

I would guess Welker to pick up Stokley's targets and pilfer some from the TEs as well. Perhaps he steals a few red zone targets from Decker, but all in all I think he helps open things up on the outside.

I definitely see the Decker - Welker comparisson. Steve Smith and Megatron are basically the same WR, too. :roll:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Chris_R wrote:
ccj wrote:I think Denver is married to Manning for the next three years as his contract will make it very hard for them to move on. I bet Welker gets a similar three year window if it happens.

I love Rotoworld, but they're twisting a bit in the wind here:
Welker's market around the league won't be scorching hot as a scheme-dependent, 31-year-old niche player.
For all the talk of Welker being a "system player," there's no way the Pats could adequately replace him for 2013
No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed west. Manning would be even more impossible to defend.
He went from a scheme dependent 31 year old niche player to a player that cannot be adequately replaced and the guy that makes Denver the best receiving corp in the league.

This is why Rotoworld bothers me, I could do without all the extra comments that either drives up the value or lowers it on a player all depending on how they(or that 1 person) feels at the time. Not much to do about it though.
Do these comments really contradict one another?

Comment 1: Welker's market value won't be hot (it isn't). He is a scheme dependent, 31 year old niche player (jury is out but arguable).
Comment 2: For all the talk of Welker being a system player (it's out there), there's no way the PATS could adequately replace him for 2013 (he FITS THEIR SYSTEM/SCHEME perfectly).
Comment 3: No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed West. Manning would be even more impossible to defend. (One team does not mean his market value is all of a sudden HOT. Furthermore, DT and Decker are already fine receivers. The system is PERFECT for Welker as is the QB. From one great QB to another. From one great system to another. His addition and experience would make Denver's offense harder to defend. Imagine having Welker as your #3. That would be great and make Manning harder to defend. Take away Decker or DT and I don't think these comments are made. They are the main reasons this corps would be the best in the game. Welker would simply be raising the floor. Contradiction? I don't see it. All over the place? Hardly.

My two cents...

How about getting SJax in on the fun? He can run, block, and catch!!! GO BRONCOS!!!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Albert Breer has reported that the Broncos have made a multi year offer to Welker that is in the relm of what Welker was looking for. Decision expected by end of day for Welker to be a Bronco.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Bubba1104
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bubba1104 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:55 pm

jlasaf2007 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Peyton supported 3+ targets for years (Harrison/Wayne/Clark, Wayne/Clark/Collie). Given they have nothing dependable at TE, I think it fills a need.

Agree with this completely.

I would guess Welker to pick up Stokley's targets and pilfer some from the TEs as well. Perhaps he steals a few red zone targets from Decker, but all in all I think he helps open things up on the outside.

I definitely see the Decker - Welker comparisson. Steve Smith and Megatron are basically the same WR, too. :roll:
So basically you think Welker will get the leftover table scraps from DT and Decker?

Wishfull thinking. This is a slot monster that fits perfectly with Manning who loves to throw short quick passes.

Welker is the wr to own on this team in PPR formats period.
Qb ,rb ,rb ,wr ,wr ,wr, rb/wr ,te ,k ,d : Ppr scoring
Team 1
Qb: Newton, Bridgewater
Rb: Morris, Bernard,Helu,Sproles,Starks
Wr: Nelson,Vjax, Fitz, J. Matthews, Cooks, A. Robinson, Decker , Hunter,T. Smith
Te: Rudolph, Gates

Team 2:
Qb:Luck,Pryor, Glennon
RB: D.Martin, Ridley, L. Miller, Franklin, Michael Turbin,Woodhead, Mcgahee
Wr: Fitz, VJax,A. Brown, Britt, Randle,Wheaton, Woods, Kerley
Te: Chandler, Clay, Ertz
[/color]Team 3:
QB:Eli, Freeman,Fitzpatrick,Tannehill
RB:Lynch,K.Smith,Leshoure,Hunter,L.James,Turbin,Gray
Wr:Aj Green,Julio,Nelson,Djax,Llyod,V.Brown,Broyles,Jenkins
Te:Dickson

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

:shock: Wow

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm

YYEESSS!!!!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Signed. Wow indeed.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Worst news ever. I feel like DT is worthless at this point
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0