Lesean McCoy timeshare back?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
allpurple
Starter
Starter

Re: Lesean McCoy timeshare back?

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 am

JFever wrote:Well, if it is 60/40 or so, I could see starting both. At least occationally or if an owner had line up issues due to injury or bye weeks. One as a Rb, and one as a flex. I'd only consider that after I saw a few games and got a feel for how they were being used. Also, that is assuming I don't have a better option than B.Brown at flex. Depends on match-ups most likely. It would likely add a nice dynamic to the Eagles offense and would be good for "real" football. Not so much for McCoy owners that were hoping for top 3 rb1 numbers. That likely is out of the question "if" this report has some truth to it.

Last week people were down on R.Rice due to the threat that B. Pierce was posing. Strange that I haven't seen the same type of reaction to the McCoy / Brown situation. The two situations seem eerily similar.

If I had to answer I'd say that Brown is the more talented of the two of he and Pierce.
i think more would be on this bandwagon had Brown not collapse nor fumble to the point he turned back into a pumpkin. The same pumpkin Pierce stepped out of week 12 -13 ish through the playoffs. Brown had 2 boom weeks with 3 fumbles then vanished like a bad fart inn a crowded hall.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah, that 70/30 split will go back to 90/10 real quick when Brown starts fumbling and getting 1.5 ypc.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yeah, that 70/30 split will go back to 90/10 real quick when Brown starts fumbling and getting 1.5 ypc.

Yep. Or McCoy gets another concussion then it would be 100/0 split in favor of Brown. Just as likely. Not?

Can't fix a concussion history... you can fix a fumbling habit. After a concussion or two (grade 3 style)... it is more and more likely that another will come with even less of an impact. It is that simple. McCoy owners (myself included) should not down play that fact. And If current McCoy owners don't currently own Brown, I'd say he should be on top of the list of players to target. NO different than Rice owners - trying to acquire Pierce. Actually - Remember... Rice does not have the injury history (concussion) that McCoy has.

I would think that Brown's fumbling issues would be rather high on the list of things to work on this off season. The kid didn't play NCAA football very much at all... Trying to run the ball in the NFL vs NFL players - might have a thing or two to do with the bad case of the droppsies that we saw. He needs to work on how he carries the ball. He needs to carry the ball with a better awareness and sense of urgency. I'm sure his coaches are drilling this into his head. He Needs to employ 5 points of pressure and hold the ball tighter to his body. These are fixable habits.

A.P. was one of the worst fumblers just two seasons ago. Everyone remember that? Seems convenient that we forget about him fumbling and now label him as the best rb in the league and a young talent with little playing time in college comes and looks explosive but fumbles is labeled a fumbler... These poor habits can be fixed.

c'mon.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 pm

JFever wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yeah, that 70/30 split will go back to 90/10 real quick when Brown starts fumbling and getting 1.5 ypc.

Yep. Or McCoy gets another concussion then it would be 100/0 split in favor of Brown. Just as likely. Not?

Can't fix a concussion history... you can fix a fumbling habit. After a concussion or two (grade 3 style)... it is more and more likely that another will come with even less of an impact. It is that simple. McCoy owners (myself included) should not down play that fact. And If current McCoy owners don't currently own Brown, I'd say he should be on top of the list of players to target. NO different than Rice owners - trying to acquire Pierce. Actually - Remember... Rice does not have the injury history (concussion) that McCoy has.

I would think that Brown's fumbling issues would be rather high on the list of things to work on this off season. The kid didn't play NCAA football very much at all... Trying to run the ball in the NFL vs NFL players - might have a thing or two to do with the bad case of the droppsies that we saw. He needs to work on how he carries the ball. He needs to carry the ball with a better awareness and sense of urgency. I'm sure his coaches are drilling this into his head. He Needs to employ 5 points of pressure and hold the ball tighter to his body. These are fixable habits.

A.P. was one of the worst fumblers just two seasons ago. Everyone remember that? Seems convenient that we forget about him fumbling and now label him as the best rb in the league and a young talent with little playing time in college comes and looks explosive but fumbles is labeled a fumbler... These poor habits can be fixed.

c'mon.
McCoy had 1 concussion...Brown had 3 fumbles. Sure poor habits can be fixed, but that is of the assumption Brown is muture enough to want to fix them. Look how long it took Martellus Bennett to figure it out, and he was considered a very physically talented TE coming out of college. BTW I wasnt an anti Rice guy with Pierce producing, but I did say I would want Pierce on my roster if I have Rice...similar to how I want Tate with Foster, Brown with McCoy, etc.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 pm

They fixed the Browns fumble issues.

12 6 0
16 34 0
4 18 0
8 18 0

Now they are working on YPC. I don't care if when they turn a microwave on in the lockerroom McCoy pees his pants and forgets who he is for a half hour. McCoy is an elite top 3-5 RB back Brown had two great games then nothing. Brown can and will learn for McCoy from the side lines unless Chip wants to be a one and done coach. Between Vick and Brown the opponents offense will get tired from being on the field. At best 85 /15 Most games 90/10.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Chip Kelly's offenses ran the ball way more than passed it. Just last year the offense averaged 28.7 pass attempts vs. 52.7 rush attempts. If that holds true then there's nothing to really worry about here as both backs will get a lot of work.

Don't forget about Vick though also who proclaimed he could run 1000 yards in this offense and that it wasn't hard. Lot of vulturing between these 3 guys.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:Chip Kelly's offenses ran the ball way more than passed it. Just last year the offense averaged 28.7 pass attempts vs. 52.7 rush attempts. If that holds true then there's nothing to really worry about here as both backs will get a lot of work.

Don't forget about Vick though also who proclaimed he could run 1000 yards in this offense and that it wasn't hard. Lot of vulturing between these 3 guys.
Yeah, and Reggie Bush said he could rush for 2000 yards and lead the league in rushing this past season. What players and coaches say this time of year I tend to take with a grain of salt.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:04 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:Chip Kelly's offenses ran the ball way more than passed it. Just last year the offense averaged 28.7 pass attempts vs. 52.7 rush attempts. If that holds true then there's nothing to really worry about here as both backs will get a lot of work.

Sounds almost like a college offense. Where QB's are scarce.

Offense Run-Pass Ratio in SEC

* Florida: 178 runs, 85 passes; 67.7 percent run

* LSU: 216 runs, 121 passes; 64.1 percent run

* Alabama: 199 runs, 117 passes; 63.0 percent

* Auburn: 148 runs, 90 passes; 62.2 percent

* South Carolina: 199 runs, 124 passes; 61.6 percent run

* Georgia: 202 runs, 134 passes; 60.12 percent run

* Vandy: 152 runs, 101 passes; 60.07 percent run

* Ole Miss: 213 runs, 142 passes; 60 percent run

* Mississippi State: 146 runs, 112 passes; 56.6 percent run

* Missouri: 182 runs, 165 passes; 52.4 percent run

* Texas A&M: 151 runs, 153 passes; 49.7 percent run

* Tennessee: 195 runs, 201 passes; 49.2 percent run

* Arkansas: 156 runs, 197 passes; 44.2 percent run

* Kentucky: 139 runs, 202 passes; 40.8 percent run

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 pm

allpurple wrote:They fixed the Browns fumble issues.

12 6 0
16 34 0
4 18 0
8 18 0

Now they are working on YPC. I don't care if when they turn a microwave on in the lockerroom McCoy pees his pants and forgets who he is for a half hour. McCoy is an elite top 3-5 RB back Brown had two great games then nothing. Brown can and will learn for McCoy from the side lines unless Chip wants to be a one and done coach. Between Vick and Brown the opponents offense will get tired from being on the field. At best 85 /15 Most games 90/10.
Stats don't mean they fixed his fumble issue. That means he didn't fumble, but he was carrying the ball in one hand away from his body in every game... so nothing is fixed. He just some how avoided having the unprotected ball stripped in less opportunities.

21 touches = 2 fumbles
25 touches = 1 fumble

Then he didn't see that workload again, so he didn't funble with 14 touches, 17 touches, 4 touches, and 9 touches in the remaining games. Again, all while running around with the ball in one hand and away from his body. Watch the games and it's obvious he was a fumble waiting to happen just about every time he touched the ball.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 pm

The big misconception is that Chip Kelly likes to run his quarterbacks a ton. He doesn't. His offense is built on QB's making quick reads and getting rid of the ball.
The re-worked contract reads to me a bit differently than those thinking Vick has locked up the QB spot. It reads "If Vick gets outworked/beat out of the spot, we can cut him with relative ease".

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:
allpurple wrote:They fixed the Browns fumble issues.

12 6 0
16 34 0
4 18 0
8 18 0

Stats don't mean they fixed his fumble issue. That means he didn't fumble, but he was carrying the ball in one hand away from his body in every game... so nothing is fixed. He just some how avoided having the unprotected ball stripped in less opportunities.

21 touches = 2 fumbles
25 touches = 1 fumble

Then he didn't see that workload again, so he didn't funble with 14 touches, 17 touches, 4 touches, and 9 touches in the remaining games. Again, all while running around with the ball in one hand and away from his body. Watch the games and it's obvious he was a fumble waiting to happen just about every time he touched the ball.
I kinda read that as if AllPurple was being more sarcastic about "fixing" the fumbles.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 pm

JFever wrote: Can't fix a concussion history.
Huh? McCoy's had 1 concussion in probably 10 years of playing football. What are you talking about?

There's room for both backs to be serviceable in Kelly's offense and McCoy will likely get the lion's share of the workload.

Additionally, there's maybe 5 RBs (Peterson, Rice, Martin, Richardson, Spiller) that I'd rather have than McCoy.

Anyone freaking out over news in February and underselling their McCoy shares gets what's coming to them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:
JFever wrote: Can't fix a concussion history.
Huh? McCoy's had 1 concussion in probably 10 years of playing football. What are you talking about?

There's room for both backs to be serviceable in Kelly's offense and McCoy will likely get the lion's share of the workload.

Additionally, there's maybe 5 RBs (Peterson, Rice, Martin, Richardson, Spiller) that I'd rather have than McCoy.

Anyone freaking out over news in February and underselling their McCoy shares gets what's coming to them.
x2

Like once you sell Rice because of Pierce, then McCoy cause of Brown, then Spiller cause of FJax, then Forte last year cause of Bush, then Charles because of Hillis and before him Thomas Jones, then Martin if they sign Bradshaw, then Richardson cause he is "injury prone", then Foster cause of usage, AP cause of age, Lynch cause of his aggressive running style, Morris cause of shanny, Ridley cause of bellichik...exactly who is left??? lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm

We can all debate about percentage of carries, injury history, fumble issues, etc, but none of us really know how they will get used. I'm assuming Mccoy gets the better percentage (although I have no guess on split) because he's getting paid and has performed at an elite level for some time now.

What I'm more interested in discussing is what is Browns value? I'm a Brown owner so maybe my value is off, but I think it's fair to say that Brown has the same or better value then Ben Tate. Tate was considered the most valuable handcuff in fantasy football and was pulling a mid to late first if my memory serves correct going into last year.

The best would be a team calling the Eagles about Browns availability in a trade. If the Eagles have as many holes on their roster as I've heard or read about, why not flip him for a decent pick/player to upgrade an area of need and roll Lewis or draft another back later. These deals don't typically happen, but that would be sweet.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

The problem with that is that Brown doesn't carry any trade value b/c he crapped the bed the last few games of the season and fumbles a bunch. Plus, the Eagles have so little invested in him that they have no incentive to trade him away for what *might* be a 6th round pick.