Lesean McCoy timeshare back?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Lesean McCoy timeshare back?

Postby DynastyZ33 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 am

and that's not bashing you, I realize there are differences in opinion and mine seems outrageous as of right now. Just comparing the contrast of feelings.
30 man roster 10 team Dynasty- PPR, 6 point passing TDs 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE
QB: R. Wilson, Foles
RB: E. Lacy, C. Michael, J.Stewart, Bradshaw, L. Taliaferro, J. Starks, B. Cunningham
WR: J. Jones, R. Cobb, M. Evans, J. Blackmon, B. Quick, J. Gordon, Marlon Brown, A. Wilson, J. Janis, M. Wilson, J. Huff, J Wright
TE: Kelce, Bennett

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 am

Luck is great, don't get me wrong, but that deal seems more like quantity for quality. If he takes it, you win...plain and simple.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 am

DynastyZ33 wrote:
OKay first off, it is a bold statement, let me get this out there. I believe Bryce has a good/great chance of actually being better than Trent Richardson in due time. This guy wanted no part of college. The way he ran house in highschool I wouldnt blame him. He is different from the guys that were number 1 at runningback in highschool and fizzled out. Those guys did not have the ability of Bryce Brown, in fact I dont think they could even hold his jock. Those guys didn't drop out for basically two years and then went pro.

He's not a scumbag either, he doesn't love football, but understands this is his best chance at making a lot of money. He came off as the most mature rookie, just a buisness guy wanting to get that big check. Think he quit Kansas State and their coach let him workout and have them sponsor a pro day. That tells me he wasnt that typical prospect that lets everything go through their hands.

Just for comparisons sake McCoys broad jump was 8'11 Bryce Browns was 9'9, Bryce has a better burst than McCoy and gets to top speed just as fast, but Brown is of course, faster.

At 6'0 220, the dude just has it all as far as basic physical runningback skills go. Vision, lateral agility, fluidity, speed, size, hands. While college isnt the NFL, they do teach you a few things and he didnt learn any of it. For a guy to make the big of a jump and even have remote success is a big deal. I think you guys are doubting him and throwing his two game outburst as a fluke when it indeed is not.

That Oline was awful the last few games, run after run there was immediate pressure or no push what so ever. Zone schemes require athletic lineman and by the time Brown was starting none of them were really all that athletic. The center never got to the second level which is huge. You guys can point to Evan Mathis as being good, but I watched him let a run blow up on a couple occasions during that stretch, I believe he was playing with a bum ankle. Eagles liked to call the stretch a lot and teams caught on, their line couldnt set their blocks and Bryce had immediate pressure a lot of the time. Once teams took him seriously, there was no hope behind that line. McCoys worst year wasn't just random. There were zero holes a lot of the time.

Luckily the line will be better next year if no injuries occur again.

As far as creating yards on McCoy and Browns own...McCoy is better in this category, but Bryce isn't a slouch either he can run by cut away and run through you.

Brown's brother is coming out of KSU and he is a freak in his own right. Which makes me believe Bryces ability even more.

Bryce's major problems that he has to work on are 1) Ball Handling 2) Pass blocking 3) Use his size to his advantage 4) Run with a lower pad level.

Just saying if a guy has a good work ethic and legitimately wants to succeed, do you believe these are things you simply either know or dont?

You can probably guess what im going to say, but atleast 3 of 4 are likely to happen with NFL coaching. #3 is up to his mentality.

And this is why I think personally think he could be a threat to McCoy, and in the immediate future, given that this coach has no ties to anyone. It sounds like shouldnt have even started a thread, but I actually wanted to brain storm and see if anyone else felt this way. But im actually suprised at the doubt. Ive been on this guy for awhile and called those 2 games happening during training camp. Give this time guy to get used to the NFL and get coached up. I think it's likely he becomes a Top RB. So if anyone wants to quote me here go right ahead. I hope this statement helps other owners, especially if you believe him to be a fluke.

Call me crazy, I don't care.
From now on when you're going to make a very bold statement that completely goes against the grain, post your reasoning in the first post. If you had started this thread with the above post, I think you would have recieved much better responses. Now that I know your thought process, although there are a few things I disagree with here, it is much easier to where you're coming from. Fantastic post you have here, bravo. :cheers:
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am

I don't think what the OP is saying is completely outta line... If you go back and search thru and read that gigantic Bryce Brown thread you'll probably read some similar insight.

The main difference being that those were all reactionary comments to Bryce's monster games and now we're in the offseason where the Shady love is back in full steam again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am

if you can get mccoy then do it. brown is a physical specimen. no doubt. but if he couldnt put together a single good season in college, then what makes you think he can last in the pros. i would stash him because of his potential but id rather squeeze a good deal outta the mccoy owner.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 am

will6779 wrote:if you can get mccoy then do it. brown is a physical specimen. no doubt. but if he couldnt put together a single good season in college, then what makes you think he can last in the pros. i would stash him because of his potential but id rather squeeze a good deal outta the mccoy owner.
Brown didn't exactly give himself the best chance of being on the field to put together a single good season in college. He played a limited role year 1, missed time, and then decided to just enter the draft instead of "wasting his time" with college football.

Thinking off the top of my head here, but I think it was his uncle (or dad) who petitioned for him to be draft eligible straight out of high school instead of having to play college football. Bryce was the #1 prospect coming out of high school that year, and they thought he was good enough to go pro, and when the NFL denied they started making threats saying they would sell his rights to the CFL and bide his time there.

Bryce is physically gifted enough (probably even more gifted than McCoy which is what I think the OP was getting at) enough to be a very good starting NFL back, and confidence is definitely not something he is lacking. It's just a matter of him now putting in the work to polish up his skills so his size/speed translates to the field well.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

I don't really disagree with the OPs idea about Brown's upside. Among active NFL RBs, the only guy I'm comfortable saying is a better athlete is Peterson. Having said that, he has almost no secondary skills, while McCoy is also a great athlete and one of the most polished and complete backs in football. To be honest, I think I want to stay away from this situation in general unless somebody is panic selling. If Brown ever figures it out, I really think we're looking at a Williams-Stewart situation. I don't particularly like the odds of that, but it's enough to keep me away from these guys, especially with people selling Ray Rice like he's Facebook stock.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Go look at their contracts - McCoy isn't a timeshare back :roflma:

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Go look at their contracts - McCoy isn't a timeshare back :roflma:
This is true, however it doesn't mean there isn't a legit threat and in dynasty I dont think i could bare selling out for a guy that becomes involved in a split backfield. Money could eventually factor in the decision, just playing devils advocate. It's something to ponder because we are dealing with the future
30 man roster 10 team Dynasty- PPR, 6 point passing TDs 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE
QB: R. Wilson, Foles
RB: E. Lacy, C. Michael, J.Stewart, Bradshaw, L. Taliaferro, J. Starks, B. Cunningham
WR: J. Jones, R. Cobb, M. Evans, J. Blackmon, B. Quick, J. Gordon, Marlon Brown, A. Wilson, J. Janis, M. Wilson, J. Huff, J Wright
TE: Kelce, Bennett

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Go look at their contracts - McCoy isn't a timeshare back :roflma:
I'm not saying McCoy will be a timeshare back, but go use the contract line to DeAngelo Williams owners lol

I'm a DeAngelo Williams owner :waiting:
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:25 am

Seventy5 wrote:
I'm not saying McCoy will be a timeshare back, but go use the contract line to DeAngelo Williams owners lol

I'm a DeAngelo Williams owner :waiting:
That' situation is pretty unique to Carolina's own stupidity when they hand out contracts.

I'm not even going to bother digging up Jake Delhomme's old contract.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 am

TheOracle wrote:I don't really disagree with the OPs idea about Brown's upside. Among active NFL RBs, the only guy I'm comfortable saying is a better athlete is Peterson.

Really? You guys must just be way higher on Brown then me. Without even thinking very long about it Brown is nowhere near the athlete that somebody like Darren McFadden is and I could think of numerous others.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 am

Brown is not qualified to wipe McCoys azz.

19 178 2 2
24 169 2 1
12 6 0 0
16 34 0 0
4 18 0 0
8 18 0 0

Unless he fumbles he sucks. In short unless he carries the rock like its a math book in high school he sucks. 7th round for a reason. Oversight not being the main reason.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 am

Dion Lewis had the highest per carry average of the bunch. Watch out!

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 am

Dynasty -

If you are so high on Bryce Brown being the next Walter Peyton - then why are you trying to acquire McCoy? :confused:
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich