Top 10 Quarterbacks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I can't believe how consistently low Stafford is being ranked in everyone's top 10 lists. I know he had 1 down year but come on, he is 24.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 pm

IronSkull wrote:I can't believe how consistently low Stafford is being ranked in everyone's top 10 lists. I know he had 1 down year but come on, he is 24.
I should clarify a little on mine:

Rodgers

Brees
Cam
Luck
RG3
Stafford

Brady

Ryan
Kaep/Wilson

Each tier of guys could be interchangeable within that tier in my ranks. For example it looks like I have Stafford 6th, but he could be anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Looks like I have Matt Ryan 8th but he could be anywhere from 8th to 10th. Its one of those things if I was up in a start up and ready to take a QB and everyone in that 2nd tier is available then I would make the decision at that point on who to draft.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Kaepernick is getting way too much hype right now, as is clear by the person who ranked him #2 overall... stupid.

His team's defense and overall conservative approach will stunt his ceiling. The tools are certainly there but his offense is a little gimmicky. I'd expect defensive coordinators to pick up on his tendencies by next season, leading to a Newton-esque decline next season.
I almost had an aneurysm seeing Kaep at #2, the hype train is ludicrously absurdly breathtakingly insanely (throw in your adjective of choice) out of control.
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm

joeday wrote:
IronSkull wrote:I can't believe how consistently low Stafford is being ranked in everyone's top 10 lists. I know he had 1 down year but come on, he is 24.
I should clarify a little on mine:

Rodgers

Brees
Cam
Luck
RG3
Stafford

Brady

Ryan
Kaep/Wilson

Each tier of guys could be interchangeable within that tier in my ranks. For example it looks like I have Stafford 6th, but he could be anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Looks like I have Matt Ryan 8th but he could be anywhere from 8th to 10th. Its one of those things if I was up in a start up and ready to take a QB and everyone in that 2nd tier is available then I would make the decision at that point on who to draft.
That makes sense, I 100% agree. If I had to make a decision in that situation, the player with the highest ceiling does it for me.
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:01 pm

I had him 5th, if that makes you feel better. I don't even think he had that down of year. His TD total was low, but given how high his passing yardage was, I think that was a product more of variance ( and he playing against particularly strong pass defenses) than it was anything else. I still am very high on stafford, and I hope the people in my leagues are down on him as well.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Stafford IMO has the highest ceiling out of all the QBs. With how much they pass the ball and how ballsy he is with his attempts, Staff can easily have a 500 yard 4TD day just like that and multiple times. He does love him some 3+ INT days though haha
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Tier 1
1)Rodgers
2)Brees

Tier 2
3)Stafford
4)Brady
5)RG3

Tier 3
6)Luck
7)Newton
8)Ryan

Tier 4

9)Flacco (BOOM I think he is finally turning a corner and Cameron is gone)
10)Wilson/Kaep

Everyone in the Tiers is interchangeable for me I'm obviously not a huge fan of Ryan and IMO I think his weapons (Roddy,Julio,Gonzo) are the only things that make him a viable fantasy QB, not his talent. I think he is a mediocre arm talent and can't make the difficult throws. The only reason I didn't include my boy Peyton in this list is because he is too risky to count on for anything more than a year to year commitment. Production wise he is easily in Tier 1 and would be there if not for the risk.
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 pm

If I could step in on ccj's behalf, Stafford's success has been a fluke. He is a rich mans Cutler who is destined to fall into the 18th spot. He is consistently overrated and does not belong in top 10 discussions. He is a volume passer and owes all of his success to his 1000 pass attempts per year. Trim that down by 500 attempts and he throws for 2900 yards, 12 touchdowns, and 40 ints. That is closer to his true production. I know because I have a strong feeling.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 pm

Seriously. I dont know where his true production lies. Im taking a wait and see approach. 5000 per year is insane. But he can easily attain top 10 numbers with Megatron playing catch with him.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Wrong thread georg013 haha
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Postby lostcause » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 am

In order of who I value in dynasty regardless of team composition:

1. Luck
2. Stafford
3. Rodgers
4. Newton
5. Brees
6. Ryan
7. RG3
8. Kaep
9. Wilson
10. Brady

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 am

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:
henry1jg wrote:12) Peyton - arm strength is rapidly diminishing
What evidence do you have of this, other than 1 bad throw against Baltimore? I watched every Denver game this year and he looked great all season.
I have no physical evidence. I too watched every game (gotta love Directv's shortcuts) and I feel, by watching him, that his arm strength is rapidly diminishing. He doesn't have the mustard he once had, and after watching throughout the season, I feel the arm strength diminished even further. Watching him throw 12-15 yd outs is scary now bc everytime he throws it I think its gna get undercut.

I never said he looked bad, I said the diminishing arm strength was my reasoning for not ranking him higher in my dynasty top 10 QB rankings. If you feel differently, that's fine. I like different.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 am

He's also only had 1 "up" year. Out of 4.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Kaepernick is getting way too much hype right now, as is clear by the person who ranked him #2 overall... stupid.

His team's defense and overall conservative approach will stunt his ceiling. The tools are certainly there but his offense is a little gimmicky. I'd expect defensive coordinators to pick up on his tendencies by next season, leading to a Newton-esque decline next season.
And the first people to put Newton as a top5 Dynasty QB in 2011 - were they stupid too? And what about the people who boasted Doug Martin as a legitimate #1 RB before he ever played a down in the NFL - stupid? I guess you need to see 5+ years of production from your QB before you trust them. I'd prefer to be starting that QB at a discount for those 5 years while people like you continue to doubt them.

Kaepernick is a decade younger thank Brees/Brady/Manning. His production was better than Luck & Stafford, and he has as much upside as any Dynasty QB in the entire NFL. I find it funny that not a single person has questioned Luck as a top5 Dyansty QB (some even have him top2). He's played 17 games in his NFL career, and has averaged 17.5 fantasy ppg. Kaepernick has played 9 games in his NFL career (starts), and has averaged 21.7 fantasy ppg.

Enough about Kaep though, I've said my $.02 (and then some).

Stafford - While his 20 TD's was probably an anomaly, 2012 was very concerning. He threw the ball 727 times, and benefited from the single greatest year a WR has ever had, and he still was only the 11th best QB. I do think he has plenty of room to grow, but I think there are much better (and safer) options at the QB position.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

henry1jg wrote: I have no physical evidence. I too watched every game (gotta love Directv's shortcuts) and I feel, by watching him, that his arm strength is rapidly diminishing. He doesn't have the mustard he once had, and after watching throughout the season, I feel the arm strength diminished even further. Watching him throw 12-15 yd outs is scary now bc everytime he throws it I think its gna get undercut.

I never said he looked bad, I said the diminishing arm strength was my reasoning for not ranking him higher in my dynasty top 10 QB rankings. If you feel differently, that's fine. I like different.
Big Broncos/Manning fan here, and I saw just the opposite.

Manning wasn't 100% entering the season, and he will probably never get back to 100% of his old form. But he's even mentioned himself that he's still rehabbing and getting his strength back.

And not that this should be THE measuring stick, but Manning threw a Go-Route in the Pro-Bowl - and that ball traveled about 5-7 yards further than any pass he threw in the regular/post-season. And if I had to point to one pass this season as having more "zip" on it than the rest, I'd point to a ~15 yard throw he made to Tamme/Dreesen (can't remember) in the playoff loss to Baltimore. His arm definitely isn't what it used to be, but even that pass made me think "on a rope".
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich